Profile for Me > Reviews

Keep on Running: The Highs and Lows of a Marathon Addict
Keep on Running: The Highs and Lows of a Marathon Addict
by Phil Hewitt

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep On Running, thats the title, 16 Jan 2014
I bought this book when I was training for my own marathon, I was looking for some motivational inspiration to get the wheels, or rather feet moving.

What i found was minimal motivation, but a collection of interesting stories that every marathon runner or long distance runner may have experienced or felt at some point in their running career.
Although i found it gave minimal motivation, it did give me a different look on the marathon and the training I was doing, although it doesnt specifically and is not specifically a book on marathon training.

It did spur me on through inspiration and has sparked a few thoughts for future marathons.
I even read the specific chapter on my chosen marathon several times, although on the day i couldnt tell you anything about what i read.
An interesting fun read on the experiences of a marathon runner, good for marathon runners to see/look on the funny side (even if it is after the event) of a marathon. A good insight into what to expect if you have a partner who is considering taking up marathon running.

Streets Of Fire [DVD]
Streets Of Fire [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Paré
Offered by thegoodmusicshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rock opera on DVD, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Streets Of Fire [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this film on TV many years ago and recorded it from the TV next time there was a repeat of it.
Sadly VHS tapes dont last so long and I searched to find a replacement.

It is personally one of my top ten fav movies with a sound track to match :)

For those into Meat Loaf, Bonnie Tyler and such like artists then you may find this to your liking.
One of the original love hero stories

Fitness Aquatics (Fitness Spectrum)
Fitness Aquatics (Fitness Spectrum)
by LeAnne S. Case

5.0 out of 5 stars For those wanting to do some cross-training, 16 Jan 2014
I bought this book cause I was looking to do some cross-training.
I wasn't looking to do full all out water aerobics but to gain some ideas of things that could be done in the water.
I had borrowed the book from my local library but they were being arsey about the number of times I renewed it, so i gave it back and bought it.

I find it an invaluable source of ideas and cross reference guide along with another couple of books from the same serious, fitness Cross-training and fitness swimming.

if you are looking for some water based activities and ideas to supplement your other activities then this book may help you as it did me.

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars mmmm a sad 50th celebration, 16 Jan 2014
this was quite a disappointment to view.
Although it answers (or attempts to answer) some of the past un-answered questions from the New seasons of Dr Who, I felt that it was a bloated story line with very little concept or point to be honest.

It also makes a mockery of the previous 50 years of Dr Who. Steven Moffat for all he has said he has been a huge DW fan all his life and loves the idea of being in charge, has lost his own time line along the way, which is sadly bleeding into that of the Dr.

It was an episode filled with semi-funny humour and only 2 of the past Doctors regenerations and a regeneration that the doctor chose to ignore.

ach if your a Dr Who collection fanatic then yes you should own it, if you liked it on the TV and want to watch it again then yes own it, but if you feel like i do in that it doesnt really fit with the Dr, left more unanswered questions and made a mockery of the past 50 years as well as changing the whole idea behind the time war etc then dont waste your money, or if your new to Dr Who... go and buy one of the older original Dr Who episodes instead...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2014 11:12 AM GMT

Doctor Who - The Tenth Planet [DVD]
Doctor Who - The Tenth Planet [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Hartnell

5.0 out of 5 stars Whovians this is required viewings, 16 Jan 2014
love Dr Who and have never seen this one up until now, and all I can say is I wish that I was around to see this when it was first broadcast.
It is great to see the early years, the first doctor and the path he started, the one that brought us to what we have today.

A must for all Dr Who fans, even if you dont like it, which I doubt, it should be in your collection

Doctor Who - Scream of the Shalka [DVD]
Doctor Who - Scream of the Shalka [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard E. Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Who in Cartoon Form, 16 Jan 2014
Not knowing what to find when i put the DVD in the player, i was surprised at what i found.
A good story, although it was weird to have a non-familiar Dr in the driving seat as such.
Good story and followed in the true Dr's travels.

Mycota Powder 70g
Mycota Powder 70g
Offered by Chemist Counter Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item, does the best job, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mycota Powder 70g (Personal Care)
this is a great item, it does what it says on the tin.
I have been using this item since i was in single figures. I find it is fast and efficient and have never had an issue with it.
I use it to dust my running shoes after a run and it helps to eliminate some if not all of the smells associated with running shoes :)

it is also good if you get sweat rash in other areas caused by rubbing. (This can be bolstered by the use of the cream or spray as well)
I also find the smell pleasant and actually like it, it doesn't smell like some of the other foot powders do.

I recommend this product above and beyond all other foot powders available.