Profile for Uncle Fester > Reviews

Content by Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester "Fester" (Kent, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Moldex 6400 - Earplugs - Rockets Ear Plugs
Moldex 6400 - Earplugs - Rockets Ear Plugs
Offered by Rubber Soul Healthcare

1.0 out of 5 stars They work, but not good quality, and they fall apart!, 29 July 2013
I bought two pairs of these, and the first pair worked well enough under my crash helmet to reduce wind noise, although I found that they became painful after about an hour, and after about half a dozen uses I was removing them when the green part came away in my fingers, leaving the purple piece in my ear and out of reach!
This is not good, and could actually be a hazard to your health!
I had to use the ignition key of my bike to dig it out of my ear canal, which is really not good, but what are you gonna do??

I agree with the other comment about them causing pressure and vacuum in the ear, but much worse is the product beaking off inside your ear, so I'd give these a miss if I were you.

Needless to say, I haven't used the second pair.

Ipac 2-Piece Gas Adapter
Ipac 2-Piece Gas Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for my cooker, 29 Jan 2013
Did not fit the pan supports on my Belling gas cooker, this maybe because Belling have wider pan supports than other cookers, but beware, these are by no means universal.
Would be useful to have some sizes in the description.
Waste of time space and money

Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup
Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is designed to do, 29 Jan 2013
Bought on the strength of the many reviews, and am glad I did.
It is of reasonable quality (better than the cheap ones in the supermarkets) and as the other reviews stated it is best to tamp the coffee down to get a stronger brew, but this is purely a personal choice as to how strong you like your coffee.
As stated, take off the heat just before the last spurts, otherwise the coffee will be bitter.
6 cup maker is good for 2-4 English mugs of coffee with either hot frothed milk or boiling water depending on how strong you like your coffee.
It takes about 2-3 minutes from cold to get hot coffee, so actually quicker (I think) than the expensive electric ones.
One other advantage is that if you travel or go away for weekends/holidays etc, you can take it with you, as it's very compact, so you can have your favourite coffee wherever you are.

Judge Milk Frother/Sauce Pot
Judge Milk Frother/Sauce Pot
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Judge Milk Frother/Sauce Pot, 29 Jan 2013
I bought this on the strength of the other reviews, ans I wasn't dissappointed, good quality and works very well, just heat your milk in the microwave and then put into the frother (you can heat milk in the frother on the hob) and pump the handle, simples :-)

Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling
Motorcycle Roadcraft: The Police Rider's Handbook to Better Motorcycling
by Phillip Coyne

1.0 out of 5 stars Unless you're a complete novice, don't bother!, 7 Jan 2013
Well, I bought this book on the strength of the reviews, and having read it, I must say that it wasn't worth the money.
It appears to be written for someone who has never, ever been on a motorcycle, and I personally cannot see what use it would be to a motorcycle policeman!
If you have passed the motorcycle test (in the last 5 years), you will have already been taught 90% of what's in the book by your instructor, and the rest is basic comon sense and general road sense.
I was dissapointed by the time i had read 1/4 of it, but persivered as I thought "If I learn one thing it will be worthwhile" It wasn't worthwhile,
All in all, a waste of money in my opinion.

If you want to learn how to ride a motorcycle, then take your CBT, and then take some instruction (3, 5, or 7 days) riding a bike, and take your test, you'll learn a whole lot more!

Anyone want a second hand copy, only read once??
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2013 10:13 PM GMT

Judge Sabatier 7 Pce Knife Block Set
Judge Sabatier 7 Pce Knife Block Set
Offered by Harts Of Stur

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great quality, 15 Jan 2012
Bought Sabatier for their reputaion, but didn't realise that they make (or sub contract manufacture) knives of differing quality. Unfortunately this set is at the lower end of their range (in my opinion).
Within 3 months of light use the small cooks knife broke off at the handle whilst cutting some raw chicken, the exposed metal showed signs of corrosion, so was of faulty manufacture.
Sabatier have ignored my emails,( I didn't buy through Amazon) although Amazon have a good reputaion for waranty claims.
I replaced the broken knife with one bought off the shelf, and the qualty is much better when compared to the large cooks knife in the set, thicker blade, more robust, better tang, more ergonomic handle, just a much better knife.
The bread knife is of fair qualty, as is the boning knife, but the rest are not great.
Buy this set if you want, but the quality isn't that good.
I would say you'd be better bying an empty knife block and buying knives of decent quality from a place where you can handle the knives and get a feel for their quality.

BCB Fireball Flint and Striker
BCB Fireball Flint and Striker

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 17 July 2011
This will be the third time I've reviewed this item and never been published, maybe the admins don't like the negative bits???
Anyway, it's cheap and it shows, the handle/grip fell off before I even got it outside. Having said that, it does give a good shower of sparks once the black coating is removed.

Knots (Collins Gem)
Knots (Collins Gem)
by Trevor Bounford

2.0 out of 5 stars Not comprehensive, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Knots (Collins Gem) (Paperback)
A small book, with very few knots, and only a couple that would be useful in everyday situations. I'm sure there are hundreds of knots used around the world, it's a shame some of these weren't included.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A good radio, But......, 9 Jun 2011
A good radio, but over priced, there are many others on the market that perform as well for half the price.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable for the money, 13 April 2011
Not great quality, but what do you expect for the money?
Nice and bright for short range/close work, if you want long range, spend more money on a bigger and better torch, simples!

Page: 1 | 2