Profile for Charles W. Shipp > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Dancers in the Sun
Dancers in the Sun

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read from the historic point of view., 29 Jan. 2015
I quite enjoyed this book being interested in flying history of both world wars ,However I could not give it five stars for two reasons, I do not consider myself a prude but found the graphic descriptions of rough sex disturbing and not really in context. Secondly, this Kindle edition was spoilt by the number of corrections crossed out but left in print.

TECHGEAR® Extra Long 2 Meter / 6.5 Feet USB Data Sync Charging Cable for Amazon Fire HD 6, Fire HD 7, Kindle Fire HDX 7.0 8.9 Inch, Fire HD 7.0 8.9 Inch, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire phone
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but needs careful use., 12 Mar. 2014
The extra long lead is very useful but be warned that it needs careful handing as the micro connector soon becomes useless unless handled carefully, my wife uses her Kindle all day long with the lead plugged in & has wrecked three leads so far yet mine has lasted well as I just use it to charge up fully & don't touch it during the charging process.

Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition
Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive app, 12 Mar. 2014
I have recently discovered Flightradar 24 on the internet & soon found it addictive but a bit of a pain to keep dashing outdoors to see the planes only to find some had turned away, with the Kindle version as backup, I can now sit out in the garden & track them more easily. Would have given it five but for the fact that tapping on the icons are a little tricky on a small screen, nonetheless it has enhanced my new plane spotting experience & well worth the money.

Countries of the World
Countries of the World

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy quick reference., 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Countries of the World (App)
I don't use this app often but it is useful for quick reference at quiz time. I particularly like the display of flags.

Private Diary
Private Diary

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Private Diary (App)
I just wanted a simple calendar for my Kindle Fire HD & found this one too complex for my needs so have not bothered to use it.

Koolertron Separable Removable Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Black Multi-Function PU Leather Waterproof Dustproof Case / Cover / Typing & Viewing Stand / Flip Stand Wallet Case for New Amazon Kindle Fire 2 HD Display 7 (7-Inch) 7" 2nd Generation 7" Tablet Tablet (2012 Wi-Fi 16GB & 32GB)

4.0 out of 5 stars This works well., 20 Dec. 2013
With the Kindle Fire HD small screen I found the virtual keyboard took up too much of the screen so this device so far has worked well with most of the programmes I need to use it well. Conectivity works well.

Calendar One -Simple Calendar
Calendar One -Simple Calendar

2.0 out of 5 stars Too complex, 20 Dec. 2013
Sorry I didn't like this one, too complex for my needs. I found a much simpler version for my Kindle Fire HD

MOFRED® Black Capacitive Stylus Pen for Kindle Fire HD Tablet / HDX Tablet
MOFRED® Black Capacitive Stylus Pen for Kindle Fire HD Tablet / HDX Tablet
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylus works fine., 20 Dec. 2013
I use this stylus all the time & it is still okay. I bought two others (different make) for another Kindle & they fell apart in no time, you get what you pay for.

Splashtop Remote Desktop
Splashtop Remote Desktop

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Splashtop Remote Desktop (App)
I tried this app & it works, however I didn't feel it was for me particularly using it with a small screen Kindle device which can be awkward for entering data & thus I thought I may transfer errors to documents on my computer. I stopped using it.

OfficeSuite Professional 8
OfficeSuite Professional 8

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful app., 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: OfficeSuite Professional 8 (App)
I have used this app quite a bit on my Kindle Fire HD, very useful for carrying round files from my computer. My only adverse comment is with spreadsheets, on a small screen device it is almost too fast & a drag will shoot off like a fruit machine, use of a stylus is the best way to enter data but not much good for dragging, otherwise great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6