Profile for D. Ashford > Reviews

Content by D. Ashford

D. Ashford (Hampshire, England)

KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer, White
KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer, White
Price: 289.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream mixer!, 17 Jan 2014
This is a very good mixer. The build quality is excellent. It is quiet and handles every mixing task we can throw at it. Although it is tempting to go for one of the pretty coloured ones, the price that Amazon offered is very competitive. This classic white model is so much cheaper with more or less the same accessories (the bowl is slightly smaller without a handle) and fitted within my budget. It also looks great in the kitchen.
Overall,we are happy with the purchase and the speedy Amazon service.

Barracuda Men's Vivante Road Bike - White/black ( Wheel 700C, Frame 22 1/2 Inch)
Price: 249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bike at a Great Price, 1 April 2013
I bought this bike for my son and he is very happy with it for road use. It arrived very quickly and required the minimum of setting up. Just the usual wheels,pedals,saddle, handlebars and bell - pretty straightforward. The manual is good if you require instructions on assembly/setting up. The handle bars were pre- assembled and the gears needed no adjustment. The only adjustment required was with the front brake to make work 100%.
The bike is very light in weight and has good wheels and gears for the money. If you want a no nonsense inexpensive road bike that performs well then I can recommend this as a strong contender.
All in all a great buy.

Sat Nav with Multimedia Player Europe and UK maps, 4GB
Sat Nav with Multimedia Player Europe and UK maps, 4GB
Offered by Iluvthisworld2013
Price: 33.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Could be the bargain of the year!!, 1 April 2013
For around 30 quid this was either going to be a waste of money or a pleasant surprise. I'm happy to say this has surpassed my expectations.The unit doesn't look or feel as cheap as I was expecting, more like a down market version of an ipod. After reading the other reviews I decided to get this unit as my first sat nav purchase. The first thing to do is download the IGO 8 user manual from the IGO website as the enclosed manual is useless by explaining how to use the photo viewer,video and mp3 player and nothing about the sat nav!
In use the sat nav works well supplied with UK and Western European maps.. It picks up and reconnects the signal quickly and tells you when its disconnected due to obstacles such as bridges, tunnels etc. The maps are clear and well signed with plenty of info such as speed, direction,journey times etc. There are lots of voices to choose from. They are clear and easily understood and warn you if you are exceeding the speed limit. There is also a stylus which fits into the unit to make it easier to mark maps for via points, points of interest, and places to place the destination cursor if you find your finger to big and inaccurate. I think there is a speed camera alert, although as I bought this to use in France (which ban such devices), I hav'nt looked into this as yet. Some people have said that the voice volume is low. I have found that this isn't the case and sounds fine. It comes with the maps preloaded in the device and not on a micro SD card. You can download the content onto a pc as backup with the supplied usb cable. The cable supplied with my unit didn't work so I used another one without any problems. The mains charger comes with a euro to uk plug adaptor and there is an in car cigarette to usb lead. The quality of these leads is low end so you have to handle with care as they can be easily broken. The battery life is short as commented on by other reviews. In the manual it states an totally unrealistic 10 hrs! In reality you can expect more like 30 minutes even with the backlight turned down. This would be a problem for walkers but in a car the lead solves this.The in car satnav mount is versatile and works well. I bought this from Dracotek as nearly new. It took about 10 days to arrive from China as promised, undamaged in a box wrapped in a thick coat of bubblewrap.
Although I hav'nt had any experience with other sat navs made by the leading brands, I can recommend this unit as it is so cheap to buy and if it goes wrong its not the end of the world.

Daffodil LAN03 High Speed Wireless USB Network Adaptor - N Class and Backwards (802.11g and b) Compatible Internet Adapter - 150mbps Max Transfer Rate - External WiFi Dongle for XP / Vista / Windows 7
Offered by Daffodil UK
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Small is beautiful, 17 Feb 2012
I had almost given up with my Acer Aspire One netbook after it was water damaged. The wifi was unreliable and very weak. I saw these miniature dongles on Amazon quite accidently and decided to order one out of curiosity, half expecting it not to work. I was wrong and am delighted with its performance. Once the software is installed ( in my casewith an external dvd/cd drive) and windows has recognised it your up and away. Being so small in the usb socket you don`t notice it apart from the status LED blinking away. There is much less likelyhood of it being knocked so it can be left in and forgotten about. Some reviewers have commented that the range is limited on this type of dongle. Daffodil suggest that it is good for 10 meters.I have found in practice that it is more than this and am able to get wifi in all areas of my house.
This is a great product and provides a cost effective solution to a failed wifi card. I`m so impressed I have ordered another one from Amazon to resurect an old Advent laptop!

Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB - Black
Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars My first mp3 player, 7 May 2006
As my first mp3 player I was`nt quite sure what to expect. I chose this one as it has an FM radio built in as well as encoding and a reasonable 1gb memory. The sound quality is really excellent both with mp3 files and radio.The supplied headphones sound great but I find them a little uncomfortable and need a bit of a push to stay in the ear. The controls are very easy to use and more or less self explanatory. 18 hours on an AAA battery is what you get which is`nt too bad. The case is a bit "plasticy" but for ease of use and sound quality I would definetly recommend this player especially for the price.