Profile for Sydni Richards > Reviews

Chasing Horses
Chasing Horses
by Christy Tillery French

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Makes Reading Fun!, 25 Jun 2004
This review is from: Chasing Horses (Paperback)
Be prepared to laugh when you read "Chasing Horses". The premise for the book is exceptional - a group of women who call themselves WAR and the vigilante group that evolves therefrom. Parallel to this is the background story with Ricki, a woman in her late 30's who is dealing with a divorce - although she still loves her ex, teenage son, and hot relationship with a sexy homicide detective while trying to stay in the background with WAR, which just doesn't happen.
Fantastic characters, snappy dialogue, great pace, hilarious situations, sensual romance. What more can you ask for?

The Bodyguard
The Bodyguard
by Christy Tillery French

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Hooked!, 25 Jun 2004
This review is from: The Bodyguard (Paperback)
"The Bodyguard" is the first book I've read by Ms. French and since finishing it, I've ordered her others to read, as well. I was happy to read the author's note that this is the first in The Bodyguard series. And what a great introduction! Natasha is feisty and impulsive, a woman who will do anything to protect those near to her. Her boss, Striker, is a real he-man, sexy and mysterious. Roger is sweet and naive. Pit and Bigun are perfect partners for Natasha. Stevie, Natasha's mom, is undergoing a perimenopausal crisis, and the transformation that takes place with her is funny to the extreme.
I loved this book and the characters. The dialogue is witty, humorous, and Southern. The characters are perfectly balanced against one another. The plot is exceptional. The mystery killer wannabe had me fooled to the end. If I could rate this higher than 5 stars, I would.
Any Evanovich or Grafton fan will love this new author. Great job. I'm hooked!