Profile for M. A. C. Elliott > Reviews

Content by M. A. C. Elliott

M. A. C. Elliott

Etekcity® 5 Pack Wireless Remote Control Socket Set Light Switch+transmitter(Battery included), Up to 30M Range

5.0 out of 5 stars so Satisfied, 19 Jan. 2015
Excellent product and excellent Servive - delighted

The English Civil Wars [DVD]
The English Civil Wars [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Powell

4.0 out of 5 stars Past Warefare, 30 April 2012
This review is from: The English Civil Wars [DVD] (DVD)
After so much confusion about the Civil War/s, this is a simple and enjoyable addition to the `History of Warfare` series.

Love Letters: An Anthology
Love Letters: An Anthology
by Lady Antonia Fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Letters, 30 April 2012
As we have come to expect from Antonia Fraser, an absolutely delightful anthology. A peep to their hearts if not their souls!

Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations
Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations

2.0 out of 5 stars oxford book of Quotations, 11 Mar. 2012
I have not found this particularly user friendly. One connot use listings to go to a quotation for example. I unhappily tend to use my printed book version, and I am afraid the I shall soo `archive` the kindle edition, unless I discover I more useful way of employing it.

Du côté de chez Swann - À la recherche du temps perdu - Volume 1 (French Classic t. 3) (French Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Proust at his best, 27 July 2011
After a dozen attempts to read Proust with my limited French, Kindle has unlocked it for me. I downloaded a french dictionary and set it as the default. Now when I struggle with a word, I have only to click down to have an instant translation. I find this the only way to follow and make sense of Proust`s long long sentences!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The wonder of Kindle, 27 July 2011
I could not be more pleased with this products. It is so simple to use. I carry it with me all the time. Best for me was buying a french dictionary and setting it as the default. I can now read more difficult french literature, and simply click down to translate the difficult words. I enjoy the `read adloud` facility, especially at bed time. The 3G is a bonus. I bought my last book sitting in the Dental School!
The range of titles is magnificant, and the prices a delight.
Persaonally I would welcome more french literature and more english language poets.
Many thanks for a graet benefit to my life!

Outnumbered: Series One [DVD] [2007]
Outnumbered: Series One [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Claire Skinner
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Outnumbered as always, 4 Feb. 2009
I bought this DVD after watching the series. I think that anyone who has brought-up a family will recognise the scenarios.
Mum and Dad working though life's problems - watched and criticised by their three off-springs.
One little girl sweet but manipulative, as they so often are, leading parents into verbal traps with the skill of a barrister. Middle son charming and a compulsive liar, with outbursts of frenetic energy.
Oldest sibling full of teenage angst and secretiveness, fretting about his parents problems whilst keeping his own to himself.
And all five struggling for their own space, competing with perfect neighbours and an eccentric parent, while needing and loving each other.