Profile for Foxy Brown > Reviews

Content by Foxy Brown

Foxy Brown (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
A Vogel Menosan Tincture (100 ml)
A Vogel Menosan Tincture (100 ml)
Offered by Nutrisun

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't sweat it ladies - buy this now!, 11 Sept. 2014
I have recently been experiencing some horrific hot flushes which have been seriously impacting my ability to go about my daily life. At one point I was experiencing 3 to 4 episodes an hour which is just awful. By the time I found this product I was truly desperate - as people were beginning to notice at work as I was literally dripping with sweat and the stress of it was affecting my confidence and in turn, probably making things worse. Nothing screams menopausal woman faster than a hot sweat and I don't know about you, but I would rather not have an embarrassing public display!

I took 30 drops in water on the first day in the morning. And the flushes completely stopped within an Hour!! I couldn't believe it. I then repeated this dosage twice more at 4 hour intervals. What a marvellous product.

My observation is that you will need to take the drops regularly as you will feel a flush coming on as it wears off initially in my case after around 3 to 4 hours. And, depending on the severity of your flushes you might need a high dosage of drops to start. I am now down to 15 drops 3 times a day and this is 10 days later. I would say that my flushes have reduced by 90 percent and I am back in control of my body!

I have now decanted some of this into a lightweight plastic bottle with a dropper so I can carry it around in my hand bag and discretely drop it in water when at work or out and about.

Previously I had tried sage tablets but these had zero effect but I brought this product after an online search and reading the rave reviews. So don't give up on sage - it works if it's in the right formulation clearly.

I cannot rate this product highly enough and would recommend to anyone experiencing hot flushes and night sweats - because it really works! It's amazing.

Email Persuasion: Captivate and Engage Your Audience, Build Authority and Generate More Sales With Email Marketing
by Ian Brodie

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and Very Basic Content, 5 July 2014
Having read all the great reviews on this product I was really looking forward to getting stuck in. Things have moved on in this area of marketing very fast - so unless you have been living in deep space for the last 5 years and just returned to earth you will find nothing in this book that the most basic internet search won't reveal. I bought this book as I was looking for actual examples of successful text that works when emailing clients. Unfortunately this book is poorly laid out, incredibly boring and oscillates between theory and other experts theories and then has the cheek to outline the up-sell to the authors online course and other people who I assume are affiliates.

For me, this book delivered absolutely no value and was a complete disappointment. If you are totally ignorant about email marketing it will give you a few ideas but none of which are worth the price of the book that you can't get for free from the internet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 12, 2014 2:22 AM BST

30 Minutes to Fitness: Weights Workout [DVD] [2009] [US Import]
30 Minutes to Fitness: Weights Workout [DVD] [2009] [US Import]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars See real body shaping results and build strength, 2 Jan. 2014
I discovered Kelly's DVD's a few weeks ago and have experienced some really amazing body shaping results over the last 5 weeks, particularly to my upper body and abs. I wanted to get more out of my exercise regime and found that I really needed to address my overall body strength. I have been using this DVD and Kelly's 30 Minutes to Fitness: Muscle Definition DVD which I also rate very highly.

Firstly let me say that this workout does what it says - in 30 minutes a day you will see results if you use appropriate size hand weights. So often I have found that some exercise programmes have been disappointing - too much jumping around, over complicated routines, bad music, poor instruction and just plain irritating - I am delighted to say that this workout suffers from none of these issues. Kelly's instruction is motivating and extremely clear. There is a modifier so you always have the option of doing the easier exercise if necessary. This DVD is not for complete beginners although anyone who has exercised previously can start with light weights. What I really love about Kelly's workouts are that they are body shaping because you are building lean muscle so if you are looking for a programme that really delivers in this department, I suggest you check out this programme - I really appreciate that DVD's with just cardio and no weights don't deliver the body-shaping results and are often just a waste of time if that is all you do as part of your exercise regime.

The DVD has several pre-mixes included so you get the original 2 x 30 minute programmes plus a number of others making this exceptional value. You may need to invest in some additional heavier hand weights as I did, but this is all the equipment you will need and the heavier weights will really make a difference to the results you see. Kelly reminds you of this in the workouts - if you are not really feeling it - the reason is that your weights are not heavy enough and she is right.

I would also add that initially your muscles may ache - don't give up just add an additional stretching DVD to combat this. I really love this DVD because my body is showing the results - all for 30 minutes a day - Excellent.

30 Minutes to Fitness: Muscle Definition [DVD] [2010] [US Import]
30 Minutes to Fitness: Muscle Definition [DVD] [2010] [US Import]
Offered by Online4DVDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Strength and Core - Hello Abs!, 2 Jan. 2014
I had suspected for sometime that I was not getting enough out of my home exercise DVDs for a while, the reason I suspected for this lack of improvement in muscle definition and form was because I simply lacked strength in my upper body and core. I was lucky enough to discover Kelly's DVD's and I am now completely hooked. The results so far after several weeks have been really amazing, my shoulders and back really look shapely and the biggest surprise has been the transformation of my core strength. I am one of those people who hates abs work, crunching it out week after week is a drag and as a result, abs are one of my problem areas. But after completing this workout over 5 weeks the results to my core have been nothing less than spectacular all due to the fact that I am using heavier weights and every exercise means I have to engage my core in order to complete the moves so I am working on my core strength without even realising it. I am now adding on the separate abdominal section after each workout (which is tough) but I can just about get through it without stopping.

What I also love about this DVD is that there are a number of pre-mixed workouts included so you can work on separate body parts or longer workouts making it a great value purchase. You only need two sets of hand weights even though she uses a step for some exercises you don't need it. Kelly's instruction is motivational without being irritating and she always reminds you about positioning so that your form is correct something other instructors should pay more attention to. Kelly is also joined by a modifier so that you always have the option of doing the easier version of the exercise which is useful when you start off.

I would highly recommend this workout to anyone who is seriously looking to reshape their body. As Kelly says herself don't waste your time with light weights go heavy and see the results.

BLACKSummer'snight
BLACKSummer'snight

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and soulful, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: BLACKSummer'snight (Audio CD)
True fans will be relieved to know Maxwell still has it. I love this album. I read the reviews and thought it may not be as good as his previous ones - but it has not left the DVD player since I got it. Kick back and enjoy, it's beautiful and it really grows on you. The only issue - it's not long enough!!

The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
The Harcombe Diet: Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weight
by Zoe Harcombe

5.0 out of 5 stars The Magic of Miss Harcombe! Thank you!, 21 Jan. 2013
Why oh why I have never come across Zoe Harcombe before now is a mystery to me. I only stumbled across her when I saw an article in a national daily. But thank goodness I have found her now. Like many reviewers here I have tried virtually all of the diets available from Atkins, low fat, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, GI, salad only, juice only, cereal only... and the list goes on and on. What I really love about this diet is that it is completely achieveable and nononsense. I am on day 9 of the plan and lost 10 lbs in phase 1. Yes 10lbs!! I have three stone to loose and I have to say apart from having a severe headache for a couple of days - phase 1 wasn't easy but it was well worth the results.

The real magic of the Harcombe Diet is what Zoe imparts to you. And that is, that you can get back in control of your body and that to me is worth everything. As she points out who has time to prepare ridgid, virtually gormet meals when you are holding down a job, running a family or studying or all three at once. I for one do not want to have to juggle points, Kcals or food colours or fast on specific days or attend humiliating weighins - I just want to be able to control my cravings and live a normal life where food does not dominate - and for the first time in 20 years this is exactly what has happened. I now understand why certain foods cause me to gain weight, even when I am careful because I am mixing fats WITH Carbs (a big no no) so its out with Avacados. I now understand why my careful all day grazing is sending my insulin round the bend. I now know what to do when I have to go out for meals (in Phase 1) I actually had to go out with my boss - so had no choice. But the difference was I knew what to avoid and why and stayed in total control. Zoe gives great practical advice when attending special events etc.

For anyone who is sceptical about trying this diet - this is what I would say to you. This diet will kick start your weightloss and eliminate your cravings, it will educate you about what REALLY works and WHY. There are three very simple rules - stick to them and you will be fine. You will not have to run out and buy special drinks or food which is a bonus to your budget and you are not paying for a short term fix. To those reviewers who have complained about the repetition in the book - they are right there is a lot but I see that this is entirely necessary as you will need to retrain your brain on what you believe to work regarding your food and weight control and what doesn't.

So if you don't want to have to explain that you are on a diet all the time or feel out of control - get this book (I also bought the receipe book too) and say goodbye to the old you!

In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People
In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People
by George K. Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant little book, packed with tips and wisdom, 7 Sept. 2012
I bought this book on the strength of the reviews and I am delighted to report that I have not been disappointed. George Simon takes you through a journey of several examples and then dissects the behaviour of the covert agressive. Reading this book has been a revelation, the book is unsentimental and challenges the long held view that the person doing the manipulation is somehow hurting inside or has problems from their past. They do of course have problems, but this does not give them the right to make your life a misery or exhibit unacceptable, hurtful behaviour because they lack the internal discipline to do otherwise.

Since reading the book I have actually put some of the tips into practice at work and in my personal life and, I can tell you honestly it works. Once you recognise the tactics employed by the 'covert agressive' you will find it easier to exercise the best strategy that helps you deal with the behaviour - with great success.

I can assure you I am no wall flower but having read the book I have now altered my behavior in order to short-circuit pointless arguements and avoid the feeling when dealing with such people of somehow being had over.

I would recommend that you read this book from beginning to end and resist the temptation to jump into the middle as you will miss the excellent analysis of the examples which are very cleverly tied up in subsequent chapters plus the excellent practical and easy to remember advice for dealing with the situation when they arise.

The book is short, written in language that is devoid of psycho babble and gets down to business immediately - which is exactly what you need if you have been the victim of the manipulative behaviour. A great book that will certainly be in my reference library for years to come.

Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Darker
by E. L. James

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your Money!, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades Darker (Paperback)
I feel compelled to write this review to save a lot of people from wasting their money. I cannot for the life of me understand why these books are so popular. The writing is just awful and the plot contains every cliche you have ever seen on film. This book is a 'turn-off' and completely ridiculous! Inner goddess indeed - is she kidding? EL James is however to be congratulated on her publicity machine which unlike the book is first class.

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels

5.0 out of 5 stars Results... Here They Come!, 3 Feb. 2010
At last a DVD that delivers! And the best bit is you can get results in 20 minutes a day. This workout is no nonsense and military style; no fancy routines or silly dance moves that do nothing for your figure. No, this is pure sweat and hardwork - I love it! Like a lot of the reviewers I thought I had a moderate level of fitness...well these workouts proved otherwise! I won't go into the details as others have already done so but what I would say is pace yourself, it is challenging but you WILL see results. I have really toned up and my abs/stomach have really shown improvement (all those plank positions no doubt)as this is a real problem area for me. Also you will get strong in your arms and shoulders really quickly - goodness knows you will need to as you have to support your own body weight in a lot of the moves. For those who are looking to loose weight you will probably need to follow a sensible eating plan. I have lost about 3lbs without dieting but I think that is next!! You will also build muscle very quickly too and boy will you discover your heart beat!!!.

I like the format of this DVD and Jillian and her 'best girls' are not too scary but they are fit!! Those with a high level of fitness could probably double up on levels in one workout and increase weights, beginners just need to get through it and those of intermediate fitness rather like myself probably need to concentrate on technique.

The only downside to this DVD I would say is if you have knee problems and a very weak upper body - you might struggle with some of the exercises. Other than that give it a go! Time and money well spent!

North & South [DVD]
North & South [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniela Denby-Ashe

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Gorgeous!, 29 Sept. 2008
This review is from: North & South [DVD] (DVD)
Beautiful, sensual, violent on the senses and serious. Additive, riveting and gorgeous. If you want a real period drama, this really is it. The acting is superb, the camera work beautiful and the scene when Richard Armitage stands at the window and says 'look back at me...' oh my. Viewers you are in for a real delight. A first class production. You will want to watch this all in one sitting!

Page: 1 | 2