Profile for C A LENNARD > Reviews

Content by C A LENNARD

C A LENNARD "charleslennard"

Page: 1 | 2
Post Pop Depression
Post Pop Depression

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 9 May 2016
This review is from: Post Pop Depression (Audio CD)
After all the media coverage this album received, I have to say that I found it a big disappointment. It sounds like demos and out-takes from the last QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures albums, but with turgid vocals. Josh Homme even rips off some of his own licks from previous work! I heard no fresh ideas or originality in this record, and I so wanted to like it, having been a big fan of both of these icons for a long time. As for "Vulture", honestly it is terrible. The sound on the album is flat and compressed too (like QOTSA's last record), so not doing terribly well on the criteria that matter to me, I am afraid!
(OK, so 2 Stars is not very generous, but very few albums that I buy and like would score the usual Amazon 5 stars that people like to award so freely.)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2016 6:26 PM BST

Naissance Anti-Dandruff Shampoo- 400ml
Naissance Anti-Dandruff Shampoo- 400ml
Offered by Naissance

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 20 Nov. 2014
My quest for a good anti-dandruff shampoo has been going for many, many years.

Firstly, I accept that there are different types and causes of "dandruff". Some shampoos work on my particular type - Head & Shoulders, Naked Anti-Dandruff for example, and some don't (T-Gel, Nizoral).

After the demise of Naked products (what happened to them??) I so wanted Naissance to to work, but it actually made my scalp very itchy and my dandruff returned with a vengeance. It also left my hair feeling flat and unlike some other "natural" shampoos.

The search for a natural anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner continues.

LG Electronics G3 4G Smartphone 16 GB (UK SIM-Free, Android, 5.5 inch) - Black
LG Electronics G3 4G Smartphone 16 GB (UK SIM-Free, Android, 5.5 inch) - Black
Offered by EU Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!!, 19 Sept. 2014
Finally an Android phone that works well and doesn't irritate the hell out of you yet be brilliant at the same time (I have had several Androids over the years). How much of this is KitKat or LG, I can't tell, but it is a pleasure to use. Good productivity tool, good battery, very fast on 4G and not too much bloatware. Haven't used the camera much so far but expect that to be good.

In spite of its size, the G3 is very light and my only concern is that it feels fragile and could easily be bent / snapped if you sat on it, so being very careful.

Home Smart 10 Pack of Chrome Double Hat and Coat Door Hooks Robe Dress Garment Hangers
Offered by Trade Supplies-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 19 Sept. 2014
Not great quality but excellent quantity for the money

Headbourne Azhr0644 6-Heavy Duty Chrome Hooks on Wooden Board Coat Rack Hanger

Angle Simple G3190 Wall Mounted Hinged Triple Pronged Coat and Hat Hook, Chrome
Offered by Angle Simple Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 19 Sept. 2014
Stylish product for a modern home. Reasonable price. Happy customer

10 x Quality Dimmable 28w SES E14 Screw Cap Candle Low Energy Saving Halogen Light Bulbs By PowerSaveBulbs
Offered by UKHobbyStore ~ PowerSaveBulbs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Sept. 2014
Great service, reasonable price. Happy customer.

Evernote
Evernote

4.0 out of 5 stars Great multi-device platform, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Evernote (App)
This is a great productivity tool, although it is easy to structure the files and notes wrongly! There are also some features that I do not understand... But having a synchronised to do list across phone, kindle and laptop is great.

Ashes & Fire
Ashes & Fire

4.0 out of 5 stars Stands the test of time, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Ashes & Fire (Audio CD)
I keep coming back to this album and it always sounds fresh and surprising, and I am able to hear something different every time I listen to it. But the stand out feature is Adam's voice - the passion, tone and his rhythmic ability are wonderful deliverers of inspired lyrics.

I was tempted to give this a 5* rating, but I think we sometimes give these away too freely, so it is 4+ for sure. Highly Recommended.

Battery
Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Battery (App)
Does what it says on the tin! No complaints at all, although maybe some power saving tips might be useful.

Page: 1 | 2