Profile for R19 > Reviews

R19

TP-LINK TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch
TP-LINK TL-SF1005D 5-Port 10/100Mbps Unmanaged Desktop Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Jun. 2012
This is a wonderful item and saved me a lot of money. I bought a new internet enabled TV and a new Sky HD 1TB box. My router is in another room and to buy the suppliers' dongles to connect both boxes would have have cost about £150. Instead, I bought the TP-Link TL-PA211KIT 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Twin Pack and this little box here (£8.65 at the time) and connected them up. And Hey! It worked first time. Saved over £100 and then I did the same thing in another room, except this time I only had to buy a TP-Link TL-PA211 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Single Pack(£21 at the time) and this again saved me over £100. Wonderful. Please note I am not a Techie - all I had to do was connect a few pieces of kit into sockets (the power sockets were all UK sockets). I would recommend this to anyone wanting to connect a TV or a sky box to to the internet.

TP-LINK TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Jun. 2012
I bought this based on the positive reviews that were posted. The unit installed very easily (I have Win 7 Professional 32 bit)and initially it worked very well and I was very pleased, But after a few months it began to lose contact with my router, firstly about every 10 days or so then more frequently until it was every other day. I tried it in different USB slots but it made no difference. Once when I tried to re-enable it via the device manager I got a BSOD! Other times my machine wouldn't shut down and I got a Microsoft error report. I became very disappointed as I am a TP-Link fan and have had very good experiences with other products I have bought. As soon as I get an alternative adapter I will be returning this item.

A Bend in the River
A Bend in the River
by V. S. Naipaul

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull and Boring, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: A Bend in the River (Paperback)
The book is well written and the language is lyrical without being overblown or pretentious. However, I found the book somewhat boring: I did not like any of the characters and I found them all pretty dull. The protagonist in particular reminded me of Oliver Twist - he meandered through the novel and rarely initiated any action - things happened to him and he responded. But unlike Oliver Twist there were no colourful characters surrounding him.
I couldn't recommend this book - there are others out there and time is short.

The Silent Takeover: Global Capitalism and the Death of Democracy
The Silent Takeover: Global Capitalism and the Death of Democracy
by Noreena Hertz

1.0 out of 5 stars Grossly Overated, 27 Aug. 2011
I was really looking forward to reading this and I understood that it foretold the banking crisis of 2008. But I found that it did nothing of the kind. There is nothing new in this book and most people will be well aware of the main thrust of her ideas. The book's sub title ('Death of Democracy') is melodramatic and no credible evidence is adduced for this assertion. At best this is a history book and there are few lessons for the present day. Grossly over-rated!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - great fit straight away, 25 July 2010
These boots fitted me straight away. They were light but they are rugged and at this price you can't go wrong. Arrived the day after I ordered!

LUPO Mini Microphone for Apple Iphone (4S, 4, 3GS, 3G), ipod Touch, Nano, Classic (All Generations) - BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money., 21 Mar. 2010
Excellent value for money - first class usability and sound quality. You can't go wrong at this price. Recommended.

Etymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones - White
Etymotic Research ER6i Isolator In-Ear Earphones - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sound - Poor Build Quality, 12 Dec. 2009
My wife bought me these for Christmas two years ago and the sound quality was great - provided I got them far enough into my ear. However, after 11 months the sound was only coming out of one side. I contacted Amazon and they promptly replaced them. However after 10 months the same thing happened with the new pair. The cost of repair was prohibitive - what a pity.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2010 12:11 AM BST

"Time Out" Guide to South of France, Provence and Cote D'Azur ("Time Out" Guides)
by Time Out Guides Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Aug. 2005
The entry for Cannes is very disappointing in terms of restaurants. The food and the service in la Liberia is at best indifferent and it is definitely not worth a visit; for an excellent (if slightly pricey Italian) visit the exceptionally busy Vesuvio on La Croisette, near the Martinez. Unaccountably, no mention is made of Gastoun Gastounette, one of the best restaurants in the town, despite the fact that it is virtually next door to the La Pizza, which is mentioned, in quai St-Pierre. The entry for Le 72 Croisette is grossly exaggerated: there is no need to battle through any hordes - it is at least half empty most of the time and you would find it difficult to see anyone going into the Martinez as you would need X-ray vision to see through several sets of parked cars. I'm sorry I bought this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2016 10:26 AM GMT