Profile for Oscar > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Selected Homme Jeans Isak C Men's Comb 2 One Size
Selected Homme Jeans Isak C Men's Comb 2 One Size

3.0 out of 5 stars Very thin, poor quality, 17 Sep 2014
I searched for thermal socks, these came up, looked thick and were cheap. They arrived thin and cheaply made but I figured I'd keep them, as I needed thin socks too.

The big toes have worn out after just a few uses.

Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU
Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

4.0 out of 5 stars Best in class, 12 Sep 2014
I needed a short, cheap and moderately efficient power supply, this fits the bill perfectly.
It's short, relatively efficient, has mostly black cables and runs silently. I only have two problems with this PSU first that it only supports one high end graphics card (maximum of 2x 2/8pin PCIe power). At 600W I think you'd be hard pressed to use all of its potential with only one graphics card, even with all of the SATA/molex connectors in use. The second problem I have is the 24 pin motherboard connector, unlike all the other cables it's not completely black or sleeveless, making it a bit of an eye sore and harder to route, although when you look at the competition at this price you'll be seeing multi-coloured non modular cables and maybe bronze efficiency.

Even if you don't ignore the two very minor and silly design choices this is a great power supply.

Victorinox Black Handled Kitchen Scissors
Victorinox Black Handled Kitchen Scissors
Offered by Knives Master

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium price, premium quality, 12 Sep 2014
These feel very well built, very sharp and quite comfortable.
With a lifetime guarantee from a very reputable brand, you can't really go wrong.

Eyelevel Lazio 1 Polarised Unisex Adult Sunglasses Grey One Size
Eyelevel Lazio 1 Polarised Unisex Adult Sunglasses Grey One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money, 7 Sep 2014
The arms are a bit loose, I've tried to tighten the screws included but they don't really help the situation, plus one of them keeps undoing itself slowly. These could be a little more curved around the face, the way they are constructed means I can see the reflection of the corner of my eye in the corner of my eye, bending the sunglasses slightly more removes the reflection.

The overall construction feels not too unlike my brother's Ray Ban Aviators, which in fact feel more plasticy.

The first pair which Amazon sent had a loose nose pad, which fell off upon unpacking. Not really an issue though since Amazon replaced the sun glasses.

As for the lenses, they're great. Not much more to say.

I know it doesn't sound great but given they cost 10x less than a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses I've forgiven them completely.

ORICO AC52535-1S 2.5" / 3.5" Hard Drive to 5.25" PC Drive Bay Aluminium Mounting Bracket Converter Adapter - Black
Offered by EASYLINK

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to go wrong, 7 Sep 2014
Not much to say here, construction is very solid, it can accept a 2.5'' drive and a 3.5'' drive at the same time although you might struggle to plug the 2.5'' drive in with SATA power. Only thing I could ask for is black screws to match my case and the product, but 5.25'' bays aren't really visible anyway.

Pack Of 50 Premium Quality Blue Ink Ballpoint Pens Biros
Pack Of 50 Premium Quality Blue Ink Ballpoint Pens Biros
Offered by Relyonus Stationery Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 21 Aug 2014
The box isn't as shown, you'll actually get 'niceday everyday value' "visible" ballpoint pens. They actually write "visible" on the box, which I guess is good to know. They start off a bit scratchy but after about 25cm in a straight line you start getting ink flowing well. For the price they're pretty ok.

Draper Expert 03108 42-Piece Security Bit Set
Draper Expert 03108 42-Piece Security Bit Set

2.0 out of 5 stars Better screwdriver sets are available, 21 Aug 2014
The bits came tarnished and covered in grease, presumably from being milled. Even after wiping off the grease they were still in rough condition. The case isn't what you'd expect, it doesn't fit together quite well enough.

Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler - Red
Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool., 21 Aug 2014
Absolutely worth £70. I used this when overclocking my i5 4670K (which was a terrible overclocker). My chip was so bad just to get 4.3GHz I had to push up to 1.385v, as it happens the PH-TC14PE kept up with stress tests at this voltage fine, running at around 75-80C (which would be a tad high in actual usage, but not too bad for a stress test running IntelBurn on maximum). As for sound noise when you use the included adaptors the noise levels were pretty great, certainly when compared to the stock fans on the H80i.

Finally there's the appearance, which some might not be keen on, but it beats Noctua's attempts. Phanteks have a range of colours and all of the heatpipes are covered up.

My only gripe was installation, however I think it'd be okay if your case has a big enough cutout on the back of the motherboard tray, I had to unscrew mine a little bit to slip the backplate in and then hold the motherboard, backplate and cooler in place while screwing it together... I'm sure if you had an extra pair of hands it'd be fine, or install it out of the case.

TeckNet® 300Mbps Multi-function Wireless N Repeater/Router/AP/Client/Bridge with WPS,2 Ethernet port
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Could charge £30, 21 Aug 2014
Seems to work pretty well, I'm using it as a repeater. I had to set it up using my phone, for some reason the laptop wouldn't work - almost gave up and returned it. This is the first success I've had with a range extender out of 3 tries, and this was by far the cheapest.

Masione™ LED LCD TV Swivel & Tilt Wall Bracket Mount for 12" - 24" Flat Panel TV
Offered by ATekCity

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 21 Aug 2014
I ordered two of these for my monitors, the bolts come tightened by a superhuman, the supplied wrench is the wrong size for the nuts and I could literally bend it in one hand, after a little bit of oil and a new wrench I managed to loosen some of the bolts, at least to the point where I could adjust the frame. Adjusting the tilt of the monitor is a bit awkward, you can pretty much have it completely downwards, upwards or completely upwards. Can't really drop more than one star for both of those given that they cost £10 a pop, I'd buy them again

Page: 1 | 2