Profile for Christopher J. Hull > Reviews

Content by Christopher J....

Christopher J. Hull (UK)

York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
York 20kg Cast Iron Dumbbell Set and Case
Price: 45.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Smelly but do the job, 29 Dec 2012
As already written several times, these weights stink. The smell wears off eventually, but your hands will stink after use unless you wear gloves. Personally, it didn't bother me too much, I stink while working out anyway and shower afterwards, so no biggie. The bars are not that rough, but I do have rough hands myself. Anyone starting out weight lifting might have to wear gloves, but if you don't mind a bit of cold metal on your palms, you should be fine. As far as the locks are concerned, they are great. Very easy to turn but very sturdy when locked on. Doesn't take long to change the weights and you feel safe when using them. Also comes with an ok case (the lock mechanism is a bit difficult to get open at first) that's made of plastic but extremely durable. You also get a handy workout chart which is a nice extra. Overall, don't delay. If you're a beginner, these are ideal to bulk up a bit.

Official Xbox 360 Wired Gamepad - Black (Xbox 360)
Official Xbox 360 Wired Gamepad - Black (Xbox 360)
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for use with laptop, 29 Dec 2012
Was tired of using PC controls. I plug this into my USB. Every game I've tried recognises it instantly (I had a bit of trouble with L4D2 but it just needed tweaking in the controls).

Clear Lens Geek/Nerd Retro Wayfarer Glasses,Black Frame
Clear Lens Geek/Nerd Retro Wayfarer Glasses,Black Frame
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 1.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Large and weak, 29 Dec 2012
Glasses had broken within a matter of days (plastic had snapped). They are also huge. Only use for costumes, don't wear them everyday, they look stupid (although they look even worse when they snap).

Quality USB Optical Scroll Wheel Mouse O/P 800/1600DPI
Quality USB Optical Scroll Wheel Mouse O/P 800/1600DPI
Offered by WHOSAVE
Price: 1.35

2.0 out of 5 stars The price is cheap for a reason..., 3 Aug 2012
You'll probably be drawn in by the cheap price. Yes the mouse technically does work, but it's not usable. It's of very bad build quality. The right click broke on mine after 1 day of use. The blue power light also stays on and is extremely bright. Maybe if they'd spent more time on reinforcing the buttons rather than adding pretty LEDs to attract people, this mouse would've been great. As it is, if you buy this mouse, well you'll get what you pay for. A plastic case full of LED lights.

Skullcandy Uprock Headphones - Green/Black
Skullcandy Uprock Headphones - Green/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, stylish. Get more than you pay for., 20 April 2012
Lets get it over with. These aren't the best headphones around. However, with the current price at 15, that's a bargain. I got these last week, and they were 25 then, and I don't feel I've been ripped off. They're really good headphones when considering the price. Scrap that, forget the price, they're good headphones full stop. Only complaints are a bit of sound leaking out when you have them full volume, so if you're planning on listening to Justin Beiber on the tube, one, you should be ashamed, and two, people won't appreaciate being able to hear your music. I've found limiting the volume to just below full volume allows no song leaking and you still can't hear anything other than music anyway. They look great, I've had compliments about just the tangle-free wire over the past week! They've got style, they pack a punch and they're dirt cheap.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 11:20 AM GMT

Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones - Black/Gold
Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones - Black/Gold
Offered by E W Link Co Ltd.
Price: 24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Headphones, Bad Durability, 5 Sep 2010
I didn't buy these headphones from Amazon, but that doesn't make any difference. I enjoyed these headphones for about a week. They are fantastic. Drown out any noise you can think of with these things.

Then after a week, I removed them from my head, not vigourously, and to my displeasure, discovered that the middle had snapped half way across on a plastic section. This left me with a flimsy pair of headphones, which eventually snapped completely. The headphones were completely fine when I'd put them on and were now in pieces.

The plastic on these things doesn't look that thin on the pictures, but they are incredibly weak. To make things worse, they have a hinge (were the plastic broke) that is supposed to allow them to be portable. I'd prefer to have no hinges and thicker plastic.

At 30, it's not worth buying these headphones. You can get headphones of equal quality at a lower price. Don't be drawn in by the aesthetics of the black and gold patterns, because you won't look so cool with plastic hanging off the side of your head when they break.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2012 1:09 PM BST

Xbox 360 Elite Console (120 GB Hard Drive)
Xbox 360 Elite Console (120 GB Hard Drive)

1.0 out of 5 stars If you're going to read one, read this..., 21 Aug 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I've been a Nintendo/Sony lad all my life (Gameboys-Colour, SP, Nintendo DS & PS1 & 2), and when making the leap to next gen, decided to get the cheaper Xbox 360 Elite instead of the PS3. Boy oh boy, did I make a mistake venturing into this mess of a console. It is the most unreliable console I've ever seen, bought, heard of, used. DO NOT be drawn in by the price. For a start the add-ons are ludicrously priced (wireless network adapter particularly), Xbox Live is good, but is not worth 30 a year. To set yourself online would cost around an extra 100. Now I'm far from a PS3 fan boy, but after today, when my Xbox has broken for the third time in 2 years, I'm looking towards Sony for my next console. My disc drive has broken today. I went onto Microsoft support. They told me to unfold a paperclip, and jiggle it about! Seriously, go and search it, it's all on their support website! It works, but only if the console is lieing down. I want mine standing up seeing as I payed 230 for it a few years ago.

I can see why the PS3 is the superior console. It has Blu-ray, and built-in browser, granted Xbox Live is better, but again, it's not worth the extra cost. And it's all very well saying XBL is better, but that's if your Xbox actually works. I urge you to consider a PS3, and if you do get an Xbox, at least get the newer model (even though it has a ridiculous 4GB of memory).

Worst console I've ever owned. Only thing the Xbox has over the PS3 is the controller, that's it.

Company of Heroes (PC DVD)
Company of Heroes (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 19 Sep 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I'm not the type for strategy games, but my mates were playing it online. I refused to buy it, as who wants to click and soilder and just press attack on a building. If you have this mentality, boy will this game surprise you. You are placed right in the centre of World War 2, with some pretty amazing graphics and sounds. The environment is fully destructable and interactive, which is absolutely superb. You can hear rockets soaring through the air, ready to blow tanks to smitherines. Play as the Allies or the Germans online against many foes, in teams of 1, 2, 3 or 4. If your computer is not amazing, it's ok to play this game, you just have to turn all the graphics settings down. I tell you what though, they still look incredible. Capture strategic fuel and ammo points, build your panzer command or motor pool, call in bombing runs. There are absolutely tons of things to build, and ways that you can suddenly pull a game back when your being blitzkreiged. I would recommend to mature gamers, tis not a little boys game. This one is for men who love to fight from the comfort of their chair. Recommended highly. One last thing, if your sick of playing americans or the wermacht, or you just want to see the brits in action, and the panzer, you should buy Opposing fronts, which can stand alone as a game, very handy indeed.