Profile for Rachel Phillips > Reviews

Content by Rachel Phillips

Rachel Phillips "Rachel Phillips" (Millom, Cumbria, UK)

The Gift
The Gift
by Cecelia Ahern

5.0 out of 5 stars Cecelia is the maker of magic!, 24 Oct 2008
This review is from: The Gift (Hardcover)
After reading all of Cecelia's previous books I was really looking forward to receiving my copy of 'The Gift'. It arrived perfectly on time and my husband discouraged me from reading it until Christmas as the presentation of the book itself is like a gift and it really does appear to be a book for christmas day.

I couldn't resist and so pealed open the plastic and unravelled the bow, I wasn't sure what to expect as the blurb on the back was a teasing question, begging me to open the book and read on for myself.

From the moment I read the first sentence of the book I was transported straight into Cecelias magic World. Her descriptions of places, people, thoughts and feelings are so perfect that the book becomes almost becomes real.
Cecelia has done it again, I do wish now I'd saved it for christmas as somehow I've managed to devour the book within a day and now I feel left wanting more and I realise it will take her a while to write more magic!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2008 6:28 PM GMT