Profile for A. Jackson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
ADSL Broadband Modem Cable RJ11 to RJ11 WHITE 0.3m 30cm Short Lead
ADSL Broadband Modem Cable RJ11 to RJ11 WHITE 0.3m 30cm Short Lead

5.0 out of 5 stars Short ADSL cable RJ11, 26 April 2014
Purchased to connect a phone blocker in parallel to my DECT phones to overcome problem with caller display. Worked a treat.

Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Ergo Twist Bypass Secateur
Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Ergo Twist Bypass Secateur
Offered by Henrich Hardware Ltd.

3.0 out of 5 stars A cut above...., 25 April 2014
I bought this secateur to complement the purchase of the S&J Ratchet Twist Anvil secateur at the same time. I have other Spear & Jackson products and made the purchase based on that experience. The quality of this secateur is excellent and it cuts very well and is robustly built. But I really cannot get on with it very easily. The safety catch is a little awkward to operate with the hand you are holding the secateur in. But its not a smooth movement like slide catches on other makes, and usually end up using the other hand to release and set it. I also found that the "Ergo Twist" sprung rotating grip feels quite strange, even after using the secateur for some time since purchase. It rolls round the curve of your fingers and often feels as it you are about to drop it. It does not inspire me with confidence. I purchased the S&J Ratched secateur at the same time and the comments apply equally to that set. Both are faultlessly made, but I feel that they are not suited to me.

Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Ratchet Twist Anvil Secateur
Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Ratchet Twist Anvil Secateur

3.0 out of 5 stars Prune Razorsharp.., 25 April 2014
I bought this secateur to replace a cheap pair I'd bought from a TV shopping channel, that I had broken the spring of. I have other Spear & Jackson products and made the purchase based on that experience. The quality of this secateur is excellent and it cuts very well and is robustly built. But I really cannot get on with it so easily as the pair they replaced. You would normally set and release the safety catch with the hand you are holding the secateur in. But I found that its not a natural movement like slide catches on other makes, and usually end up using the other hand to release and set it. I also found that the "Ergo Twist" sprung rotating grip feels quite strange, even after using the secateur for some time since purchase. It rolls round the curve of your fingers and often feels as it you are about to drop it. It does not inspire me with confidence. I purchased the S&J Bypass secateur at the same time and the comments apply equally to that set, though the design of the safety catch is slightly different and can, with care, be operated by one hand. Both are faultlessly made, but I feel that they are not suited to me.

(Pack Of 2) Replacement Volute Springs For Secateurs and hand tools. Size 70mm (5 Sizes Available Please See Our Other Listings)
Offered by Electrical Trade Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Spring into action..!, 25 April 2014
I selected this packet of springs to hopefully repair a pair of secateurs that I had lost the spring to. Unfortunately I chose the wrong size and, so far have not ordered the correct ones as I have since bought replacement secateurs. However, the quality of the product is very good and believe they would fit the bill in the correct application.

Mr Beams MB723 Indoor Wireless Battery-Powered LED Universal Motion Sensor Nightlight (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Beams MB723 Indoor Wireless Battery-Powered LED Universal Motion Sensor..., 10 Mar 2014
These little gems are simply brilliant. They don't look like a conventional light source but they certainly brighten selected areas up very effectively. I have them in the entrance hall, on the stairs and in the bathroom. These are all places when either you need to illuminate your way to a light switch or you don't want to disturb others in the house with bright lights during the night.....and invaluable in the event of a power cut.

Duracell Procell Battery Alkaline 1.5V AA Ref MN1500 [Pack of 10]
Duracell Procell Battery Alkaline 1.5V AA Ref MN1500 [Pack of 10]
Offered by iCell Media

3.0 out of 5 stars Duracell Procell Battery Alkaline 1.5V AA Ref MN1500 [Pack of 10], 10 Mar 2014
This product is relying on the good name of Duracell to give confidence to buyers who may see these Procell batteries as a good buy at a lesser price. I have purchased AA & AAA size and found that they seemed to fail sooner than I would have expected from the Duracell brand. A set of 4 branded "copper tops" will maintain the station tuning menu in my radio for up to a year. Alas,a set of 4 Procell could only manage about 4 months. And when I put a volt meter on those left in the box waiting to be used, I found variations in the output that I would not normally expect in the same batch. Quality control is lacking and letting the Pink Bunny down!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 12:44 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars CPR Call Blocker V201 - Caller Display, 10 Mar 2014
Pretty nifty piece of kit. I've gone from receiving several annoying cold calls a week to only one call since I fitted the device. Needless to say, that one is now blocked too. Wasn't able to wire it up as per instructions without losing caller ID on the dect phone display. So, purchased a R-11 splitter and it now seems to work fine in parallel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2014 10:34 AM GMT

TECHGEAR® Extra Long 2 Meter / 6.5 Feet USB Data Sync Charging Cable for Google Nexus 7 & Google Nexus 7 2013
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars 6.5 Feet USB Data Sync Charging Cable for...my Nexus pad, 10 Mar 2014
Nothing wrong with the product at all. It enables me to use the "pad" from the mains at a comfortable distance.

RJ-11 Connector Splitter Extender Plug Adapter Expansion Plugs
RJ-11 Connector Splitter Extender Plug Adapter Expansion Plugs
Offered by CrazyMart

5.0 out of 5 stars RJ-11 Connector Splitter Extender Plug Adapter Expansion Plugs, 10 Mar 2014
What's not to like; it is an adapter plug to enable two phone cords to go to one line. The only thing I find difficult to comprehend is why it had to come all the way from Hong Kong. Aren't there any RJ-11 connectors left in the UK?

AA Car Essentials Emergency Car Hammer
AA Car Essentials Emergency Car Hammer

4.0 out of 5 stars AA Car Essentials Emergency Car Hammer, 2 Jan 2014
One of those items that you hope you'll never need to use. Certainly seems well made though I haven't tried to break any safety glass with it yet or cut myself out of a seat belt. Hope it stays that way.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8