Profile for Michele > Reviews

Caesarean Recovery
by Chrissie Gallagher-Mundy
Price: 11.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book and east to read layout, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Caesarean Recovery (Paperback)
Nicely presented, lots of easy to follow excercises, tips and advice. Lots of coloured photos, easy to dip in and out of.

Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box
Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box
Price: 12.83

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant toy, 19 Jan 2013
My 2 year old loves this toy and played with it constantly for the first month after she got it and it's still one of her favourite toys. Good quality velcro for lots of repeated cutting. I didn't give it 5 stars because the knife is a bit too thick for some of the foods and we have had to use another toy knife from a different toy. The other problem is that all Melissa and Doug toys come in lovely boxes but none of them have lids making the boxes useless for storing the toy in.

Summer Infant Tiny Diner - Green
Summer Infant Tiny Diner - Green
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, 19 Jan 2013
I have been using these mats for 2 years with two kids. They are great for using in resturants and highchairs in public places as you don't have to worry about germs. I also used mine at home from when my babies were around 8 months and were eating finger food but not using a plate yet. Be warned that red sauces and anything oily will stain the mat. Soft flexible rubber. I have had two of these mats and haven't had a problem with the suction function on the mat. Although a my 11 month old son can peel the mat off the table and throw it on the floor, which he regularly does. There is also a little scoop tray which catches bits of food.

Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers (14 Pack)
Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers (14 Pack)
Price: 3.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice pens but lids a bit stiff, 19 Jan 2013
Nice little pens but my 2 year old finds taking the lids on and off tricky, but doesn't have this problem with any other felt pens I have bought her. As a result she didn't put some of the lids back on properly and within in a few days those pens had dried out. The lid was mostly on the pen so I was surprised theydried out so quickly. As for the other pens, they have only been used a few times and already they are starting to run out.

First-Time Parent: The honest guide to coping brilliantly and staying sane in your baby's first year
by Lucy Atkins
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Jan 2013
Bought this for my pregnant sister. She says it's brilliant and very informative. Text is nicely laid out with photos. Easy to dip in and out of.

Guess How Much I Love You: Baby Book
Guess How Much I Love You: Baby Book
by Sam McBratney

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 19 Jan 2013
I bought three of these, two for me and one for my sister. The layout inside is really lovely with lots of space for photos and information. Very good value for money. Good quality hardback and nice quality paper.

Melissa & Doug Happy Handle Stamp Set
Melissa & Doug Happy Handle Stamp Set
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but could be better, 19 Jan 2013
I have bought my daughter several Melissa and Doug toys and they all have the same problem- they come in a nice box but with no lid, making the box uselss for storing the item. I bought these stamps for my 2 year old and they are easy for little fingers to use, although tricky to get out of the box and this needs to be done my an adult. The ink pad is also very very small.

The Bloke's Guide To Babies
The Bloke's Guide To Babies
by Jon Smith
Price: 7.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 19 Jan 2013
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my brother in law so I haven't read the book myself so I can't comment on the content. However, I have read lots of baby books aimed more at women and the presentation of this book was not what I had hoped for. The layout of the text is too dense and there are no photos or pictures. It looks too much like a mini textbook. My brother in law still hasn't read it and I wonder if that's because the layout makes it too difficult to dip in and out of.

Little Charley Bear: Little Library
Little Charley Bear: Little Library
by Unknown
Edition: Board book
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An OK product, 19 Jan 2013
My 2 year old has several 'little library' book collections for other TV characters she loves. This one was the least impressive so far. I expected all the books to be about Charley Bear himslef, but there is only one book on him, the rest are on the other characters from his show. Maybe it said this in the item description and I just didn't notice. While the pictures inside the books are quite nice, the text is a bit odd and random. Having said this, my 2 year old really loves it and enjoys choosing which character to read

Little Charley Bear - Antarctic Charley [DVD]
Little Charley Bear - Antarctic Charley [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Corden (narrator)
Price: 6.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 19 Jan 2013
My 2 year old loves Charley Bear but we rarely catch it on TV. With this DVD we can watch an episode here and there.
No complaints