Profile for T. P. Cherrett > Reviews

Content by T. P. Cherrett

T. P. Cherrett "Tim" (UK)

Rigamonti 'Lo Speedy' Herb-Chopper by Rigamonti
Rigamonti 'Lo Speedy' Herb-Chopper by Rigamonti
Offered by RDVCUISINE

5.0 out of 5 stars My God ! It works !, 25 May 2012
We landed a man on the moon 43 years ago. Nowadays we can store as much data in a mobile telephone as there was in that rocket. But can we chop herbs quicker than we could in 1969 ? Hmmm...well with this little gadget I believe we can. This little gadget works like a dream and is very easy to clean, even if you don't put it in the dishwasher, a couple of rubs with a dishwashing brush under running water and there you go. I can't believe I'm reviewing a herb grinder. I'm 50 years old, though. And credit where it's due. The little chap is even squidgy and comes in a friendly colour ! I just bought one for a friend's birthday !

British Superbike Season Review 2009 [DVD]
British Superbike Season Review 2009 [DVD]
Offered by Special Interests

3.0 out of 5 stars Where are the interviews ?, 19 Aug. 2011
The on track action couldn't be bettered, neither could Jack n James' commentary, however what happened to the pre and post-race interviews ? These are as much a part of the season as the racing and without them, you don't really get a feeling for what was going on, the tensions, the emotions etc. It's just a string of bike races one after the other.

Could do better.

Once a Runner
Once a Runner
by John L. Parker Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly inspiring and very well written, 2 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Once a Runner (Paperback)
When my wife bought me this book for Christmas, I was expecting something written by an expert on running that would give me inspiration to umprove my running, but perhaps a bit dull at times. But it is far better than that. It is a fabulously well-written book. Wryly funney, superbly descriptive, a real page-turner. Worth reading by not just crazy runners, but anyone who loves a right rollocking read. The "Reading group guide" at the end made me consider all the finer points of the book, which, as a bit of a slowcoach, I hadn't fully grasped. Excellent on all levels.

Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Silver
Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoot the product development team !, 25 Aug. 2010
Those headphones. No use for running or exerceise, which surely is the raison d'etre of this product. They fall out. Quality is tinny. With my Sennheisers , this iPod sounds superb, but of course, don't have the controls. Buy the Belkin Headphone Adaptor and then you can use your own 'phones. But for the love of God !! Someone should be fired......

Cafe Del Mar Dreams Vol.4
Cafe Del Mar Dreams Vol.4

5.0 out of 5 stars Just superb, 14 Sept. 2007
One of those few albums that sound 100% fromn the very first time you play it. I'm now trying to buy music by vaious of the artists on the album

Oregon Scientific HR102 Heart Rate Monitor
Oregon Scientific HR102 Heart Rate Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 11 May 2007
Seemed to work fine to start with, however after a week or two, started to give very erratic readings. I changed the battery in the chest strap, like they suggested, but it's got worse, the HR display ceases completely afer 30 minutes or so. I suspect sweat is getting into the device. I run 40 or 50 miles a week. Perhaps this HRM is meant for lighter use. In future, I'll go to my local running shop.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2007 6:56 PM GMT

Juke Joint II
Juke Joint II

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes you come across a gem, 16 Feb. 2007
This review is from: Juke Joint II (Audio CD)
I don't know what to say. I bought "Dust My Broom" for my girlfriend because it came up on the Amazon "people who liked.....liked....". And it was fabulous. So I bought some other Boozoo Bajou CD's, including this. And now they're my favourite listening pleasure. I also bought a Ben Weaver album - he's on Juke Joint. What-a-rev-e-la-tion. He makes me want to cry and laugh at the same time. Going back to Juke Joint - check out Josh Rouse, Comeback. He makes me smile from ear-to-ear. El Michels Affair...wonderful ! It's so nice to discover something new !

Canon PIXMA iP6220D - Printer - colour - ink-jet - Legal, A4 - 4800 dpi x 1200 dpi - up to 12 ppm (mono) / up to 10 ppm (colour) - capacity: 100 sheets - USB, infrared

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and expensive to use !, 10 Jan. 2007
The pictures the printer prints look fine. But then so do those printed by all the other printers on the market. This machne has been totally ruined for me, as when you print via direct connection to a camera it does not tell you when you are running low on ink. This is made worse by the machine's seemingly prodigious appetite for cartridges. Therefore you have to babysit the printer to watch out for when the prints start to deteriorate. It gets worse. Because you can't see which cartridge is empty, how do you know which one to change ? I'm going to get the XD card adaptor for the printer, and hopefully that will then mean it at least displays the ink usage. But it won't change the fact that this seems to be a very expensive way of printing photos.