Profile for Mrs > Reviews

Apollo 5-Tier Mini Greenhouse
Apollo 5-Tier Mini Greenhouse
Price: 37.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 11 April 2014
How can I best put this ? DO NOT BUY THIS, it is shoddy, poorly constructed, with a thin cover.i repeat don't buy it. I would have given this item a minus star if it was possible. I read the reviews before buying. It got some negative reports, but some people are never happy, so I bought it. Big mistake! First day it was up I was out 3 times re erecting it. The wind having blown it over, ( a wee wind, nothing serious) I ended up moving it between two dust bins. Which meant to took two of us to put out the bins. One to hold the greenhouse while the other pulled out the bin and moved another in it's place, Thankfully out council is very "green" and we have 3 different collections. Even then although it didn't blow down it did lean over, and the shelving kept collapsing, damaging my plants . Less than a week after purchase I found the cover had split (think greenhouse wrapped in a sandwich bag that will give you some idea of the quality of the cover) Having lost one to many trays of plants to this horrid thing I finally gave in and returned it. Fortunately I visited Dibbies garden centre the next day and found a walk in greenhouse, with far superior construction costing only three pounds more. It is up and standing straight, with a tough cover. I am so excited, can't wait to fill it with more plants.

The Midwife's Daughter
The Midwife's Daughter
by Patricia Ferguson
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbbook, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Midwife's Daughter (Paperback)
I really really enjoyed this book. I have an adopted grand daughter who looks so like the little girl on the front I kept thinking the story could have do easily been hers if she had been born in a different century.
I like the fact that as well as the story there is a glimpse into the life's of the people, they way the lived their lives, there ways and desires.
The book is well constructed, a good yarn that has twists and turns. I don't want to spoil the fun by giving anything away, but if you enjoy a good yarn, peeping into people lives, wondered how the coped in far off days they read and enjoy. I think the ending could have been better

BANQUET ROLL, TABLE CLOTH. TABLECLOTH. RED OR GREEN. CHRISTMAS, XMAS. FESTIVE.
BANQUET ROLL, TABLE CLOTH. TABLECLOTH. RED OR GREEN. CHRISTMAS, XMAS. FESTIVE.
Offered by forestfox_trading
Price: 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 8 Dec 2013
I had looked on several sites for red banqueting roll I put the request into Amazon and again saw several differant rooks.
This appeared good value so I bought 2 rolls of the red banqueting roll on the screen in front of me,,, imagine my dismay when I received the parcel opened it a found GREEN . I have chosen table or emanates, runners, napkin to co ordinate with Red table cover, . I hastened to add here that there was nothing to give me the slightest hint that I would not get the correct colour. There is no select button to press no warning the the colour you get depends upon the mood of the dispatcher, or what particular football team won that day..

I am going to complain, but don't hoped out much hope, certainly don't intend paying postage to return it.

Shimla Crystal Bead Bracelet - Small, Silver Plated White Cubic Zirconia Crystal Bead with Pearl & White Agate Beads of Diameter 5cm - 9cm
Price: 38.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, 22 Nov 2013
this bracelet is TINY, it is so small I could only fit 3 fingers into the space meant for a wrist.
The diameter is 4cms, so unless you are buying this bracelet for a little girl, or a very petite
teenager, I would suggest you look again. I received the item this afternoon and filled out the returns
form this evening. So now not only am I disappointed but very annoyed to find I am being charged postage
for this silly little bracelet, because it is "not their fault" a statement with which I strongly disagree.
the word, child's, or only suitable for small wrists should be clearly displayed

Dance As Though No One Is Watching You Love As Though A4 - Print Poster Picture
Dance As Though No One Is Watching You Love As Though A4 - Print Poster Picture

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very disappointed, 28 Oct 2013
My grand daughter has just started university, I was on holiday and asked what she would like me to bring her back
She replied "something for my room". Thinking about both weight and packing I decided to look online. I saw this "poster" . I really liked the wording and ordered it. When I returned and saw what it really was I could have cried. I had paid a total of nine pounds for a A4 piece of paper. If I had wanted to give my grand daughter this I could have
Printed of the saying myself onto photocopy paper. Her mum was shocked when I showed her. I asked my other daughter what she would have paid for it "50p" was her reply. Both my daughters said I should have returned it. But as I had ordered it while on holiday it was too late to return it when I came home.
This is the first time I have ever written a bad review. ( I made my grand daughter a collage of her school and family she was delighted with it)

iPAD 2 , iPAD White Charging / Sync (Data Transfer) Cable - 1 Meter Standard Cable Made with Durable High Quality Material - 12 Months Warranty
Offered by Top Bargain1
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable great price, 28 Oct 2013
Left my cable behind when I returned from holiday. This " does what it says on the tin" and at a very good price

MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker RED
MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker RED

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a cool grandma, 28 Oct 2013
This was a birthday/ well done in your exams, present for my grandson. I haven't a clue about such things, but knew this was what he really wanted for his birthday and as he had suddenly gone from a daydreamer to a studious scholar I decided to splash out on a "well done / happy birthday"
Being totally ignorant of such things I did think it pricey for what he was getting ( looked like a little drum) however who was I to question such modern technology.
From my grandson's reaction I had made the right decision, he was so delighted, I am the best gran ever. This "drum" has the "coolest sound" it is the "greatest". One very happy grandson equals one very happy grandparent. What more can I say?

Go Toward the Light
Go Toward the Light
by Chris Oyler

5.0 out of 5 stars Courage and faith, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Go Toward the Light (Hardcover)
I first read this book many years ago. It is a book full of courage, faith, compassion, unselfishness and dignity. How does a family carry on when they know their child is dying? How do you go to work, wash the dishes, cook the meals all the time your heart is breaking. The answer lies with the pages of this book.

Oor Wullie Annual 2013
Oor Wullie Annual 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wha's like us?., 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Oor Wullie Annual 2013 (Paperback)
I was raised with Oor Willie and the Broons. My daughters likewise. My American grand daughter asked me to bring Oor Willie with me when I visit next month. What greater recommendation could I give?

3D Landscape 2 Deluxe (DVD case)
3D Landscape 2 Deluxe (DVD case)

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, 16 Aug 2013
My previous garden software was great. I wanted an updated version and bought this. Silly me if your computer has a version on windows this side of the millennium forget it

Page: 1 | 2