Profile for SAFC. > Reviews

Marshal of France: The Life and Times of Maurice, Comte de Saxe, 1696-1750
by Jon Manchip White
Price: 21.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book on a great subject., 20 Aug 2014
Maurice of Saxe was one of those larger than life people that enjoyed life to the full. This book is a well written biography that shows Maurice in a good light. It was a shame that he was born illegitimate, because if he had inherited Saxony from his father no doubt he would have made a great king. The book is written in a light anecdotal style which lends itself to the subject.
The book may have been written in the 1960's but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Good book on a great subject.

Philip II of Macedonia: Greater Than Alexander
Philip II of Macedonia: Greater Than Alexander
by Richard A. Gabriel
Price: 19.05

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 20 Aug 2014
I really enjoyed this book.I knew very little about Philip and this book gave a clear history of this great leader.
The book was written in a very easy style and offered up clear evidence in my view that Alexander was given the best army in the world at that time to use as he wished.It would have been interesting to have seen what Philip would have achieved had he lived and been able to campaign in Persia. I am pretty certain he would have left a lasting legacy and not have pursued the personal glory that Alexander was fixated upon.
The book left me with an impression that Philip was a ruthless, brave and very likable man who knew when to make friends and also knew when to exert maximum force. Definitely recommended.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Product., 3 Nov 2013
Amazon, Please take note.............
This product is a load of s*****.
We have had this steam cleaner for less than four months.
I wasn't particularly impressed with its cleaning abilities from the start, as I used it on the tile and grout in my bathroom.
I thought I was doing something wrong, but even using it on my kitchen floor which is clean anyway was a disappointment.
Anyway today the thing was just leaking water all over the floor and clearly the heating/steam system has packed up.
No steam, just cold water.......
The actual mop is very badly made and clearly not very strong.
Having read the complaints on various sites about the poor customer services I am dreading calling this company tomorrow.
If I was an Amazon director, I would be making representations to have this product removed from their systems.
I have given it one star, when really it deserves none.
Do not buy this product....

Walking Westie Dog Toy
Walking Westie Dog Toy
Offered by Bargains 4 Ever
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my Grand daughter., 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Walking Westie Dog Toy (Toy)
I was asked to buy this for my four year old grand daughter.
When I got the package, I was a tad worried, but I shouldn't have worried, she loved it.
Obviously not as good as a real dog, but it looks cute, is well made and with the controls on the lead, makes noises and walks like a puppy should.
I know after three weeks she is still walking it around her house.

Lithofin EASY CARE 1Ltr Stone & Tile Floor Cleaner
Lithofin EASY CARE 1Ltr Stone & Tile Floor Cleaner
Offered by LONDON CERAMICS
Price: 11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by my tiler., 22 Oct 2013
When I got my new tiled floors, my tiler recommended this product, telling me to use no other.
Needless to say, he was right.
It gives a good clean finish with no marks.
It also seems to protect the surfaces from scuff marks. I will only use this product.

Rocroi 1643: The Victory of Youth (Men & Battles)
Rocroi 1643: The Victory of Youth (Men & Battles)
by Stephane Thion
Price: 10.14

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice pictures, 22 Oct 2013
Rocroi 1643 has always interested me as a battle, it was the beginning of the ascendancy of Royal France in the Seventeenth century.
So I was really looking forward to buying this book.
I already have the Fontenoy and Hanau books from this series and both are very good.
Anyway, here is the but, Rocroi 1643 contains some nice pictures of the armies of the battle, but the text, clearly a French translation doesn't really help explain the battle. I found it hard to follow the main events of the battle and quickly gave up on the text.
Still nice pictures.

Heeltastic Intensive Heel Therapy - USA
Heeltastic Intensive Heel Therapy - USA
Offered by American Treasures USA
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Daft name, good product., 28 Aug 2013
I first came across this foot treatment when I was in Texas three years ago. My heels were a serious mess through too much wearing of sandals and bare feet.
It may not be the cheapest treatment, but it is definitely one of the best.
The applicator is a good way of putting the gel it on your heels, the gel itself is very absorbent, and smells pleasant.
I noticed a difference within 24 hours, and after a weeks usage my cracked heels were recovering very nicely.
If you suffer from seriously cracked heels, try this product.

Graffiti on the Train
Graffiti on the Train
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Stereophonics Virgin., 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Graffiti on the Train (Audio CD)
I have never owned a Stereophonics album before.
I heard the single and liked it.
I bought the album and was not disappointed,
A really well crafted album, buy it.

Old Yellow Moon
Old Yellow Moon
Price: 6.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to her best., 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Old Yellow Moon (Audio CD)
I was lucky enough to see Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell on their latest tour.
Naturally they played a lot of the album. Live the album tracks are tremendous. The pair played for a total of three hours! [are you reading this Mick Jagger.] and they were brilliant.
The album is no exception. I would class this as a grower, and as you listen to the lyrics the penny drops. The album is mainly about getting old, as we all are. But its not depressing, in fact I found it uplifting.
I particularly enjoyed the track written by Patti Scafila [ Bruce's missus] I didnt think she had that type of talent.
A really great album.

Weber Fireplace Cover by Weber
Weber Fireplace Cover by Weber
Offered by Crowders
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality., 13 Jun 2013
I bought this for my Weber Fir place, it is made of very good quality material and as expected is perfect for my Weber Fireplace.
Not cheap, but certainly seems to be of very good quality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3