Profile for JORGE GOUVEIA > Reviews

Noites De Madeira
Noites De Madeira
Price: 13.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of Madeira, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Noites De Madeira (Audio CD)
Every country has it's Musical Genius .
Portugal = Amalia Rodrigues , France = Edith Piaff , South Africa = Laurika Rauch and Madeira its' MAX . Saudades Madeira .

Stalingrad [DVD] [1994]
Stalingrad [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Dominique Horwitz
Offered by Springwood Media
Price: 3.30

3.0 out of 5 stars What were the sound engineers thinking by dubbing this film ?, 7 Jun 2009
This review is from: Stalingrad [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
I have just finished watching this film and was anoyed with the dubbing as it was rubbish . The English voices did not match the caracters at all . There's nothing worse than watching a " serious " bloke speaking with a Fairy's voice . I would rather have had English subtitles . On the whole this destroyed the film for me .

Futtock's End [1969] [DVD]
Futtock's End [1969] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Barker
Offered by Not2day Media
Price: 5.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Futtocks KAK, 19 July 2008
This review is from: Futtock's End [1969] [DVD] (DVD)
I do not know at whom I am more angry . The film makers for producing this Kak ( Soutn African for crap ) , Amazon for promoting this Kak or me For bying this Kak . What a load of KAK .
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2012 1:04 PM GMT

Mind Your Language - Complete LWT Series [DVD]
Mind Your Language - Complete LWT Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barry Evans
Price: 12.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one liners, 21 Jun 2008
Only the British have mastered the one liners . This is the best show I have seen in long time . It is sure to get the P C tossers in a nickers twist .

I Only Arsked [DVD]
I Only Arsked [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alfie Bass

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge this by the actors, 3 May 2008
This review is from: I Only Arsked [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this dvd because of the actors and actresses whom I have seen before , in good films , but this was a disaster . Not nowhere as funny as they make it out to be .

San Ferry Ann [DVD]
San Ferry Ann [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Lodge
Offered by Not2day Media
Price: 2.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Caught out lekker lekker, 19 April 2008
This review is from: San Ferry Ann [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this dvd because of the actors and actresses ,as I have several great dvd's with them in it . But this one you can throw away with all the other silent films .
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2014 11:00 PM BST

Pie In The Sky Series 1-5 Box Set [DVD]
Pie In The Sky Series 1-5 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Griffiths
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gastronomical policing, 12 April 2008
This sits up there with Rumpole of the bailey,Midsomer murders,Rosemary and Thyme,Hetty Wainthrop investigates ,The Mrs Bradely mysteries and Jonathan Creek .Pure brilliance that leaves the American crime shows far behind .

My only complant is that there seems to be a fault with the collection . I bought two sets and one disk is missing from the first set and replaced with two identical disks . On the second set the very same disk is faulty.I have contacted Amazon and still no reply .

George And Mildred: The Complete Series [DVD]
George And Mildred: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Yootha Joyce
Price: 15.25

5.0 out of 5 stars What a corker, 12 April 2008
Having missed out on British television,due to the embargo on South Africa, I am in catch up mode . I am extemely gratefull to dvd's as I can now see all that I had missed out on. This series will put a smile and a chuckle on even the most sour of faces .

Bread: Series 3 [DVD][1987]  [1986]
Bread: Series 3 [DVD][1987] [1986]
Dvd ~ Jean Boht
Price: 16.79

5.0 out of 5 stars What a rip off, 9 April 2008
I too purchased this dvd thinking that this was the complete series 3 and 4 . I found it odd that the cover write up did not match the shows ,in the fact that the daughter marries a vicar much to the consternation of the mother . I just thought that this was a " typo " but now having read the other reviews I am " in the moering " as we say in South Africa . Having said that ,the dvd is fantastic .