Profile for Tom > Reviews

Content by Tom

Tom

Expert Shield - THE Screen Protectors for: FujiFilm Cameras *Lifetime Guarantee* (FujiFilm FinePix X100S Crystal Clear Expert Shield)
Offered by Expert Shield

5.0 out of 5 stars Relatively easy to fit, pretty much invisible once fitted, 1 Nov. 2013
It's all in the subject line really. I got it on first time, except for a tiny speck toward the edge which I managed to scrape off with my finger nail. The small size of the screen helps (I tried (twice) and failed (twice) to fit a similar thing (made by a different company) to my iPad screen).

Expert Shield's after-sales email contact is almost obsequious: I've had at least two emails (routed via Amazon) asking if everything is OK, and that I'm maximally happy, and politely requesting that I write a review.

If I ever got another camera whose screen I felt needed protecting, the first thing I'd do is see if Expert Shield made one.

Hama Leather Look (Polyurethane) Mouse Pad, White
Hama Leather Look (Polyurethane) Mouse Pad, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but won't work with my laser mouse, 14 Sept. 2010
This mouse mat looks good, but it doesn't work with my laser mouse (a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000): the pointer jitters and skips because the surface is too uniform for motion to be detected. I did think this might happen, but I was hoping the grain of the leather would provide enough variation. I'll try it with my other mouse when I get home.

(Also, the blister packaging it comes in is absurdly difficult to open: I had to use a bread knife.)