ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)

Hunter Junior Young Hunter Neoprene Wellies Navy W23571 3 UK
Offered by Just Wellies - Fast despatch on all orders
Price: 37.95

5.0 out of 5 stars super wellies for wee feet, 5 Nov 2013
We decided it was time to get our son decent wellies as they get so much use over the autumn, winter... And spring. These fit great, support feet well, and are warmer than normal because of the lining. We sized up to fit thick socks in and allow growing room and that works great.

Logo Billionaire Board Game
Logo Billionaire Board Game
Offered by Arches Games
Price: 12.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, easy to learn but LOTS of fun, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Logo Billionaire Board Game (Toy)
Bought this to play during a week away with our 10 year old son and his 12 year old cousin. It is really easy to get the hang of, has simple rules and more complex rules so you can work your way up, and provided many hours of fun, with the delight of a competitive board game that relies a lot on luck and so anyone can win. Love it!

BenQ GL2460
BenQ GL2460
Price: 107.38

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price this is super and does the job, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: BenQ GL2460 (Personal Computers)
I was looking for a second screen to go with my macbook pro, and had been rather shocked at the price of the mac displays (bearing in mind this is not for photo or graphics work, and does not need the highest resolution). I took a punt on this one based on the good reviews and am delighted I did. With the new mac Mavericks it hooked up as a second monitor (to either mirror my laptop or be additional desktop space) literally within minutes, and was absurdly easy. It has made a huge difference to have the additional desktop space for work and I love it. Just wish I had done it earlier! (btw... If using a mac lap top you need to order an hdmi to dvi cable)

Derwent Battery Operated Sharpener
Derwent Battery Operated Sharpener
Price: 8.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't work, 3 Sep 2013
Had to send this back as it wouldn't work, even with a variety of brand new battery attempts. But the usual great returns service from Amazon... Back to doing all the school pencils with hand sharpener till I find something better...

TGI Padded 3/4 Classical Guitar Case
TGI Padded 3/4 Classical Guitar Case
Offered by RayGar
Price: 18.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with this quality item.. Particularly for the price!, 3 Sep 2013
Our sons 3/4 guitar came with a very poor thin case, and at the price I was a bit sceptical about whether this could do the job. It arrived today and we are delighted with it. The padding is good, enough to protect of wee bumps and bashes and the straps mean it can be comfortably carried on the back or with handles. A useful zip pocket keeps the books safe for taking to his lesson, and it also looks smart and cool, which is another plus! Highly recommend *****

DK Eyewitness Pocket Map And Guide: Venice
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map And Guide: Venice
by Collectif
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the pocket on travels, 3 Sep 2013
This wee book and others on the series are fab for city trips to avoid carrying big heavy books. The pull out map is great as are the brief bits of info and annotated maps of the inside of cathedrals etc,

Doctor Who Character Encyclopedia (Dr Who)
Doctor Who Character Encyclopedia (Dr Who)
by Jason Loborik
Price: 8.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Greatly enjoyed by the family, 3 Sep 2013
Not perhaps the cheapest book, but we found it well worth the money for our ten year old. Lots to browse and look through, good pictures and info. Nothing you couldn't find scouring the Internet, but its nice to have all the info in one place

Hama SD/MicroSD Medium Memory Case - Black
Hama SD/MicroSD Medium Memory Case - Black
Price: 11.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the job, 3 Sep 2013
Really happy with this for transporting a number of memory cards on a long trip this summer. I prefer a lot of small cards rather than one big one, so if the worst happens and the camera is stolen then I don't lose photos from the whole trip, so this did the job really well. Perhaps a touch fiddly getting them out at times, but then to be honest you can also be sure they won't fall out

Kinsman Deluxe Music Stand & Bag, Multicolour
Kinsman Deluxe Music Stand & Bag, Multicolour
Price: 15.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and cheerful, 3 Sep 2013
Very happy with this item. It is very sturdy, particularly for the price, easy to work of you know your way round a basic music stand, and we love the cheerful colours

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi [Previous Generation]

5.0 out of 5 stars A really significant upgrade, particularly if you want the light, 7 Jan 2013
I rarely review things I buy, but was rather anxious before this arrived as some of the reviews are a bit negative about the cast of the light on the kindle and appearance. I am so pleased with this product I wanted to write a review to give feed back to anyone else in two minds about getting one..

I was given a kindle last year for Christmas and was delighted with it. It was the one with buttons at the side - a step up from the keyboard one. I loved it from the minute I had it. I love books, but travel a bit and would always fill the car with books for holidays, and the handbag or briefcase always had to be big enough to fit a novel in. Having a kindle meant one small device had a whole summers worth or reading, and as long as I had my kindle, ipad or iphone with me the book I was reading was there and synced. So ....

I chose to upgrade this Christmas because I spent the money on a cover for my last one with a light built in. I found this invaluable as I read in all sorts of lights and places, but sadly had fallen asleep a couple of times with the light still extended, making the light attachment a touch shoogly. Rather than buy a new 50 cover I decided to upgrade to "paperwhite" and am delighted I did. The significant improvement are:

- I find the 'white' screen much easier to read from than the grey cast of the older version.
- The adjustable light (which is not backlit, so still prevents eye fatigue) is perfect as you can get it to the right level for any environment.
- I love the touch screen, and had some concerns of how it would work turning the page when holding the kindle with one hand but it is designed perfectly so you can move forward or back by swiping or touching a finger on the screen from either side.
- the uneven cast of the light from the bottom is something you will notice if you are particularly fussy - and only when the light is up full - but I cannot personally imagine how it could effect your reading in any way. Lets face it - the light on a book, on indeed from a lit cover onto a grey kindle is hardly perfectly even. The positives of this version far outweigh any concerns a reasonable person could have.
- I did buy the good cover, which switches the kindle off when you shut it and starts it when you open the cover, and I am really glad I did. It saves the battery if you put it down and gives instant reading when you open it.

So, the bottom line for me is that if you are swithering, if you are a kindle lover who feels they want a more white page and the ability to read in any light, or you are looking for a first kindle that meets all your needs, then this is the one. Go for it!

Page: 1 | 2