Profile for Oldie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Super Cyber Snatch Pump
Super Cyber Snatch Pump

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Rubbish, 6 Dec. 2015
Too soft and squishy. Difficult to hold steady while trying to insert penis. Way too short (and I have a less than average 5.5 inch penis!!). Extremely difficult to insert pump tube connector and even harder to make it stay there if you are lucky enough to get it in in the first place. Basically it's a bit of a rubbish novelty item, quite useless.

Crosshatch Mens Heavy Weight Fur Hood Parka Padded Waterproof Winter Coat Jacket Black Blue
Offered by Echo Island

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit. Feels comfy and warm, 6 Dec. 2015
AS described. Good fit. Feels comfy and warm. Not tried in rain yet. Would have prefered a removable hood, but daughter plans cutting it off and putting on a zip for me.

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H1, halogen-headlamp bulb, 64150NBU-HCB, 12V, duo box (Pack of 2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 19 Nov. 2014
First thing I did was replace one side only, then stand back to be wowed by the difference......BUT.......I could see no difference at all. They looked just the same as the unbranded (original?) ones that I took out. Not to worry I thought, I'll replace the other side as well, then when it gets dark I'm sure to see an improvement....... errr...... NO I didn't see any improvement at all. There MIGHT have been a little improvement but you would have needed some specialised and sensitive equipment to measure it!

In a word then, disappointed. Lot of money just to get a spare set of bulbs to keep in the boot. Had them a few weeks now. They are still working. But that about it really. Next time I'll probably just buy some 'cheapie' ones down the market cos I bet they'll be just as good.

Corsair CW-9060007-WW Hydro Series H60 High Performance 120 mm Rad All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler

4.0 out of 5 stars Still evaluating it, 1 Feb. 2014
I've only had it 3 days. I ordered it wednesday lunchtime (paid for next day delivery) and it arrived at 10 past 8 thurs morning. I'm using an AMD FX processor, and this fitted with very few problems, without having to remove anything from the case. Most of the very slight problems were of my own making. My case is very old, ancient in fact (probably as much as 10 years old) and although the radiator went in size wise, I could only find a way of using 2 instead of 4 screws to hold it in place. It SEEMS to be holding up just fine at the moment - if I encounter any problems then I guess it's going to be time to dig out the drill and make up some spacers! (But maybe my next purchase will be a new case anyway?) Once the radiator was in place I removed all trace of the pre-applied TIM from the nice copper heat sink and replaced with Arctic silver 5 (purchased at same time) and after cleaning up the AMD I screwed it down in place. This was in fact a LOT easier than using the flat blade screwdriver on the stock air cooler (just a little fiddly to hold things in place to get started). It also feels more secure. I plugged the fan cable into the CPU fan header then went to plug the pump into the case fan header only to discover it was almost buried between the radiator and the graphics card. This was probably my biggest and most fiddly problem, solved by using long thin nose pliers and daughters tweezers. Whole job probably took around 30 - 40 minutes or so, and a lot of that time was spent cleaning TIM.
Now some numbers: Previously, using the stock air cooler / fan, my motherboard kept throwing up warnings that the CPU (not core temps - they are different) was running at 70 degrees (C) which is way too hot for an AMD FX. Now, a lot of this was due to the usual build up of dust and a cheap nasty pre-applied TIM etc. Core temps were about 10 deg (C) cooler, still a bit too hot.
After fitting the Corsair H60 and using the Arctic Silver temps dropped a LOT. Here are the core temps: At tickover (idle) - around 16 degrees c. Pushing it with prime 95 - around 41 degrees c. CPU temps seem to be around 10 degrees warmer. So far I have not seen CPU go above 52 degrees c when running all 6 cores at 100% in Prime 95. Quite a big improvement for £60.
I have read quite a few complaints about the fan being noisy. Well, this one is very much quieter than the old stock fan. Yes of course it is audible, but in my opinion it is not loud enough to be intrusive and in my case I have not yet seen it rise above 1304 rpm

Dynamode PCI 6 Channel Soundcard
Dynamode PCI 6 Channel Soundcard

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick note, 1 Feb. 2014
It arrived the next day (one day post cost almost as much as the card!). Plugged it in and installed very quickly and easily (windows 7 64bit). I only got it to replace my motherboards integrated sound, which has never worked properly since new (refused to work at all in some circumstances). I'm not a gaming fan, and don't really make much use of computer sound. I have 2 small basic (cheap at £7 !)stereo speakers, which is more than sufficient for my needs, so I have not tried anything more. The sound is perfectly adequate. There are quite a few settings to play with in the supplied software (graphic equaliser and various effects etc). Only slight thing is a very quiet low level buzz from the speakers (you have to get your ear quite close to hear it) - this could be the cheap speakers OR the cheap soundcard or combination of both. But in all honesty you really can't go wrong with this card for less than £10.

Philips AquaTouch AT899 Wet and Dry Men's Electric Shaver
Philips AquaTouch AT899 Wet and Dry Men's Electric Shaver

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a quick note, 1 Feb. 2014
It arrived very quickly. I am VERY happy with it, probably one of the best (electric) shaves I've had for years. My only reason for giving 4 stars not 5 is the fact that it doesn't have a trimmer built in. For me it's not a big issue because I have my trusty hair trimmer that includes a nose hair trimmer. Must say though that so far I've not tried using the 'aqua' feature - partly because I have found no reason to and partly because (at my age, anyway!) I am not so trusting about putting water and electrical items together!!

Train Simulator 2013 (PC DVD)
Train Simulator 2013 (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmmm, 31 Dec. 2013
I speak as an ex train driver (British Railways, South-Eastern). This is not what I would call a 'SIMULATOR' it is more like an arcade GAME with a couple of extras thrown in (like building your own routes for instance). Physics are a mess, there are a number of problems with things like air pressures, operating practices, signalling, AI etc etc. The in cab views are very basic and 'cheap' looking - not like the photo-realistic ones that came with the old Microsoft Train Sim'. There are numerous problems with Steam / RailWorks at the moment (I would say go and read the forums on Steam to see all of the complaints, but the Railworks moderators have a habit of deleting any comments that are less than good and the same applies to the facebook page - they will not allow any remarks that are less than encouraging!

Having said all that, it's probably the best that's currently available. I am personally getting my 'fun' from trying to re-create one of my old routes, but this is probably a very big undertaking and likely to take a couple of years work!

AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core (3.5/4.1GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 6MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 95W, Retail Boxed)
Offered by S70PKR

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good, 31 Dec. 2013
All I can say is that I have overclocked this processor to just a shade under 4.2Ghz using standard air cooling and I have no real problems. The pc has frozen up just once, while my daughter was playing some strange facebook game - but I don't think it was related to the proc' or the OC.

It currently peaks at around 76 deg C

Will be looking at some simple water cooling in the spring and see what I can do then.

Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX660 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX660 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card

3.0 out of 5 stars Its good but..........., 31 Dec. 2013
I am currently using a HD TV as a monitor (until I get a replacement monitor). The TV has a vga socket (which gives the clearest picture at 1920 x 1080), but alas I am unable to make use of it as the screen flashes on & off every couple of seconds. I have tried using both of the DVI outputs from the card (using 2 different types of DVI - VGA adapters) but always the same flashing screen. Obviously I checked and updated drivers & settings etc but to no avail. A check on the interweb net thingy reveals that I am not the only person to experience this problem.
A partial cure is to connect using the HDMI on both the video card & the TV, but this simply refuses to allow me to run full resolution without messing about with the desktop re-size function in Nvidias control panel - which then results in a somewhat fuzzy picture with some smaller text being completely unreadable.
This is how things will stay until I get around to replacing my monitor (when I move home sometime in the spring 2014), when I will re-assess things and may even upgrade the card by one or two notches

Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 Motherboard (AMD 970, SB950, DDR3, S-ATA 600, ATX, 2 x eS-ATA, 2 x USB 3.0, Socket AM3+)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 31 Dec. 2013
It does everything I want, I esp'. like the way the bios works. Just one niggle - I keep getting warning messages that my processor is running at 65 deg (AMD FX6300) - Think I need to delve into the bios a bit more to see if it can be disabled or adjusted. So far, no other problems & its all running fine (incidently, I have overclocked the FX 6300 to 4.2Ghz)

Page: 1 | 2