ARRAY(0xae25d174)

Profile for V. Ross > Reviews

Content by V. Ross

V. Ross

Maxwell's Match (Mad Max)
Maxwell's Match (Mad Max)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it indeed., 2 Nov 2013
I love the Mad Max series, end this one is up to standard. Witty writing, good characters well portrayed, and as always an interesting mystery. It's good to watch the developing interest between Max and his 'woman policeman', as he calls her in fun.

Collins Salsa Pocket Size Mid Year Academic Week To View Diary 2012-2013
Collins Salsa Pocket Size Mid Year Academic Week To View Diary 2012-2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice story, 2 Nov 2013
The story is a good idea, but it's let down by indifferent writing and rather flat characters. I'm not going to buy the next in the series.

Tailpieces
Tailpieces
Price: 3.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tailpieces (Kindle Edition)
Deric Longden is an amusing and witty writer, and his tales about his cats are quite gripping to a cat lover, and laughter inducing to anyone not interested in cats.

I'll take a minute to mention his book Diana's Story, in which he follows the life of his wife who has M.E., until her death. A very moving but heart-warming book which I can thoroughly recommend.

Henry VIII And His Six Wives [DVD] [1972]
Henry VIII And His Six Wives [DVD] [1972]
Dvd ~ Keith Michell

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 2 Nov 2013
I remember this series from long ago and it lived up to my expectations and memories. An excellent series with good acting, fabulous costumes, tight script and secure direction. Can't praise it highly enough.

A Dictionary of Latin Words and Phrases
A Dictionary of Latin Words and Phrases
by James Morwood
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Latin phrases, 13 Dec 2009
A fascinating little book which takes me straight back to my schooldays. I bought it as a Christmas stocking filler for a friend, but I have been dipping into it ever since.

Village of love
Village of love
by Merrill Ferguson
Edition: Unknown Binding

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyment, 18 Dec 2007
This review is from: Village of love
This is an enormously readable book, with a good story and compelling characters. While not great literature the writing is alive and vivid.

It tells the story of a commune in the West Indies, the vision of a charismatic leader, and the effect it has on the lives of those who believe in it and those who don't.

I'd recommend this book as an enjoyable read.