Profile for Jim Beard > Reviews

Rain Alarm OSM
Rain Alarm OSM
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent App, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rain Alarm OSM (App)
This app works really well. The only critisism is that the time window is a bit short but real time view is good

Compass
Compass
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars not accurate, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Compass (App)
I cannot get a true reading. Maybe it is my Nexus 7 at fault as I have the same problem with other compass apps as well.

The Time Travel Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Science Fiction Stories
The Time Travel Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Science Fiction Stories

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 19 Sep 2013
Something for everyone. Some are the coffee cream in the box of chocolates but it is down to taste. All in all, for the price, you are getting a lot of good reading.

Caught Out in Cornwall
Caught Out in Cornwall
by Janie Bolitho
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant book, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Caught Out in Cornwall (Paperback)
If you love Cornwall novels this is the author for you. It is a great tragedy that Jane Bolitho wrote only three novels before her untimely death

Sekonda Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Chronograph Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet 3421.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 8 Sep 2013
This has been bought as a present so it will be put away. It arrived in working order and seems to be excellent value. I have always trusted Sekonda and I see no reason to change my mind. Another is due to be purchased on the strength of the one we have bought.

The Robert Sheckley Megapack: 15 Classic Science Fiction Stories
The Robert Sheckley Megapack: 15 Classic Science Fiction Stories

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Aug 2013
A mix of various stories in the classic science fiction format . I have been a fan of Sheckley for many years. I enjoyed it.

The Mack Reynolds Megapack
The Mack Reynolds Megapack

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, 21 Aug 2013
Mack Reynolds stories (those that I read) were long-winded political dramas. Not for me I'm afraid but he may appeal to others. I lost interest in the book and could not regain it.

Piano Concerto No. 2 In C Minor, Op. 18: I. Moderato / II. Adagio Sostenuto / III. Allegro Scherzando
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 April 2013
If you like this work then you will love this version. Sublime! Everything that you would expect to listen to.

Neverwhere - The Complete BBC Series [1996] [DVD]
Neverwhere - The Complete BBC Series [1996] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gary Bakewell
Price: 4.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good!, 28 April 2013
I have read the book and listened to the BBC radio presentation which were excellent. However, watching 'Neverwhere' as a TV series leaves a bit of a disappointment. Although the cast are excellent (5 stars to Hywell Bennet) you are always aware that the backdrop to the drama is a typical BBC shoestring production. I would like to see the BBC produce this as a one-off play with the type of resources given to a productions nowadays, then 5 stars I think.