Profile for Richard C > Reviews

Content by Richard C

Richard C "music fan" (Surrey England)

Page: 1 | 2
Double Door White Colour Cabinet Mirrored Bathroom Home Furniture Decorative Stylish Design

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Adequate, 25 Nov. 2015
It arrived promptly and was well packed. This is perfectly adequate for the job as a value for money product. High quality bathroom cabinets cost quite a lot more than this. The instructions are fine, all done with pictures. If this is your first ever flat pack assembly it may take a few minutes to understand how the first two stages work, but after that it all fits together very easily. It missed getting 5 stars because the doors do not fit very well. They are slightly out of shape so do not close exactly square and there is perhaps a bit too big a gap all the way around. I devised my own way of fitting it to the wall. Nothing particularly wrong with the two metal brackets, but you use them you may want to use some double sided tape or similar to keep the bottom of the cabinet stuck to the wall. This unit now sits on the bathroom wall and holds lots of bits and pieces to reduce clutter.

Nutley's Wooden Seedling Labels (Pack of 100)
Nutley's Wooden Seedling Labels (Pack of 100)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - though a bit narrow., 14 Nov. 2015
Just bought these to qualify for free postage & packing. However they are reasonable wooden seed labels. Similar to the wooden coffee stirrers you get in some coffee shops, though wider, approx 1cm. However this is not as wide as most plastic seed labels so you have lees space to write in. On the whole I like them since they take ball point or pencil - some plastic labels won't do this, or it rubs off! Excellent value for money, I will get these again.

Energizer Intelligent AA/AAA Battery Charger UK Plus With 4AA 2000mah Rechargeable Batteries

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps not as smart as I expected, 7 July 2014
My old UniRoss charger has stopped working properly, so I decided upgrade. Perhaps not as smart as I expected, this charger is ideal for Ni-MH batteries, but unsuitable for most other types. It charges AAs at 500mA and AAAs at 220 mA – which is roughly the recommended current for these Ni-MH types but not really suitable for most other batteries. Since all of my rechargeables are Energizer or UniRoss HYBRIO Ni-MH, this charger works well for me. It works out the charge needed and tells you how long to go . It has flagged up some of my batteries as bad and needing to be discarded, which may be true however the old charger still charges them but they do not last so long.
I am sure there are smarter chargers that work for different types and more diverse sizes

HM Armed Forces Character Building Tri-Service Team: Army Air Defence Missle Launcher Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Reproduction in, 7 July 2014
Just as described a compatible product (not Lego) that assembles into the Lightweight Multiple Launcher. Nicely packaged excellent instructions and also came with spares of a few of the most fiddly parts. I would think a 5 year old might struggle to assemble this but probably OK from about 7-8 years and upwards.

4 Compatible 125A Toner Cartridges for HP Colour Laserjet CP1210 CP1215 CP1215N CP1217 CP1510 CP1514 CP1514N CP1515N CP1518 CM1312 CM1312NF CM1312N
Offered by Way2Save

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job at a fraction the price, 15 Nov. 2013
I am always a little nervous choosing copy cartridges. However no problems with this pack - at least so far.

My printer is an HP CP1515 and the genuine HP parts now cost over £200 for the set of 4. I was a little amused by the post free, but this set of cartridges is a fraction the best price I could find for genuine HP.

I have only used one colour cartridge so far. The chip was recognised by the printer and it works with no trouble at all. The print quality is is good. I can not see any difference between this and the genuine HP cartridges. It remains to see how long the toner lasts, but the current indcation is that will last about as long as the previous cartridges.

TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router
TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Cable Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 4 Jan. 2013
I bought this to replace an old 311g router, which though still working would loose connection from time to time. This router has now been in use for nearly 6 months and has given trouble free operation. I found it very simple to set up. I have Windows XP on all my network PCs and laptop. I currently use WPA2 encryption which I consider gives adequate security for simple home use I have not yet got to grips with mac addresses. I am very pleased with the performance both on the wired and the wireless connections, though I have not yet tested the wireless link at extreme range. This unit comes highly recommended.

World of Data® 1m BLACK Premier SVGA Cable - Professional Grade Lead - Triple Shielded With Copper Braid, Foil & Drain Wire - Video - Male to Male (M-M) - UL2919 Approved - 28 AWG Triple Mini Coaxial & 5 30 AWG Conductor Cables - DB15 - Monitor - PC - TV
Offered by World of Data Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, 4 Jan. 2013
This is about the chepest SVGA cable that I can find that is fully fit for purpose. It has a reasobly robust "feel" and the jacking screws are effective. It provides a good clean signal to my flat screen monitor. (A much cheaper cable that I previously used, also from Amazon, was causing considerable "shadowing" and interfernce). I would recommend this cable for general purpose use. There are better and more expensive cables about, which you might consider if you need top quality signal.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 3 Dec. 2012
This is genuine Remmington spare part, so I was slighly disappointed in that the fit of the foil into the razor is not perfect. One side of the foil does not seat properly. Probably it is intended to fit several different models and there has been a slight compromise. However it does fit the razor, stays in place and works properly! So no real complaint and I was pleased to be able to buy a replacement at all.

CPO 2M DVI Cable, DVI-D 24+1 Pin Full Dual Link Monitor Lead - Black and Blue
CPO 2M DVI Cable, DVI-D 24+1 Pin Full Dual Link Monitor Lead - Black and Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 Dec. 2012
This is a good quality low cost cable. It works in that it connects the monitor to the computer.
The jacking screws were also fine on my cable, perhaps a bit stiff, but they did work properly.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2013 10:19 AM GMT

Black 1.8 meter super VGA male to VGA male cable for TV computer monitor
Black 1.8 meter super VGA male to VGA male cable for TV computer monitor
Offered by Accessories Arena

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful, 31 Oct. 2012
What do you expect for £1.50? - It works OK for me. I wanted to connect my laptop to a second fairly small (13 inch) flat screen monitor - both are quite old - to see if I could get two screens to work. The cable did this just fine! The jacking screws were a bit tight to turn and the connector pins did not seem to have much, if any, gold plating! I would suggest treating this cable with some care when handling. It certainly works, but does not appear to be terribly robust.

I would not recommended this for high quality video work or where frequent removal and replacement is required. I have now replaced it in my installation with a better quality lead and have noticed a considerable inmprovement in picture quality. This lead produced ghosting and some interference my more expensive replacement does not.

Page: 1 | 2