Profile for Pix > Reviews

Content by Pix

Pix "Shetland." (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Insurgent (Divergent, Book 2)
Insurgent (Divergent, Book 2)
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Deserved The 5 Stars, 13 Jun 2014
Blurb:
Fighting for survival in a shattered world… the truth is her only hope.
The thrillingly dark sequel to No. 1 New York Times bestseller, DIVERGENT.
I have done bad things. I can’t take them back, and they are part of who I am.
Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.
Yet if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever… because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.

My thoughts:

Most second books don't hold a handle to the first book however Veronica sped up the pace and allowed it to be all round amazing, delighted read. Well worth the five stars that she is getting on all bookstores. She has proved herself to be a serously good Romance/Teen/Thriller/Action writer of the future and I think that she knows it.

Well done.

5/5

I have posted this review on Amazon to help her ranking. This is what you should do for all the authors that you read. It helps.

Divergent (Divergent, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent, Book 1)
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Deserves more than 5 Stars!, 13 Jun 2014
Blurb:
The explosive debut by No. 1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth.
DIVERGENT – a major motion picture in 2014.
For sixteen-year-old Tris, the world changes in a heartbeat when she is forced to make a terrible choice. Turning her back on her family, Tris ventures out, alone, determined to find out where she truly belongs.
Shocked by the brutality of her new life, Tris can trust no one. And yet she is drawn to a boy who seems to both threaten and protect her. The hardest choices may yet lie ahead….
A debut novel that will leave you breathless.

SPOILERS!!!:

A Short Outline:

Beatrice "Tris" grew up in a world where people are split into factions and each one serves a purpose including a group called the fractionless. They are also known in our world as the homeless.

Tris has now come of age where she has to take a test and choose a fraction. Staying with her parents or to follow her own path. Their entire lives have come to this point.

Going through a simulation test and her results reveal a dangerous secret which she must keep hidden to protect her life. The secret of being Divergent will ultimately protect her.

Training in the fraction known as the fighting fraction. Dauntless. Beatrice goes into the most dangerous imitative program. Where one of the students loses an eye. She finds herself at the back of the ranking list while living in constant fear of being fractionless.

Tris makes friends with Al, Will and Christina who are other transfers to the fraction. Peter another transfers proves to be a living threat to them all there. The more Tris finds her feet the mores she ends up being betrayed by her friend Al. When Peter and AL threaten to throw her over the railing into the chasm below.

Tobas "Four" saves Tris as they fall in love when they find themselves in the middle of a war. Tris loses everything but she finds her way through it.

My thoughts:

In my person opinion the book deserves 5 stars for a list of reasons. I did look forward to reading the rest of her series and did.

The author created strong characters within an even stronger plot. She put alot of imagination into her idea. She goes have a great sense of humour to only her agent, publishers and editors have something to be proud of. They should have a round of drinks for the success this book has created. Veronica has done something most authors search for and never find. She does something amazing for the readers.

To sum up in one sentence

"Outstanding, creative and enthralling. A landmark book in the Young Adult genre."

Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3)
Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3)
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, deserves the title of best seller., 13 Jun 2014
I don't write reviews often however this author has deserved the review and the review. Well done.

Blurb:
What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?
The explosive conclusion to Veronica Roth's #1 New York Times bestselling Divergent trilogy reveals the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.

Now I'm not going to go into to much depth on this book I found so much that I liked about it that I have to say I understand why I love it. My husband not so much, he read the first few chapters and said it was to badly written for him to read. He's more into Warhammer books and things like that.

What I didn't like:

There was sentence on page 267 that bothered me and threw me right out of the story. I had to re-read the paragraph several times to get what it meant. Mistakes happen and I don't hold that against the author.

"Now why would the Bureau have this useless they had developed it?"

That is it copied from the book directly so that there is no grumbling from the fans of the book. I'm doing this completely honestly.

What I liked:

The entire book itself offered a well developed characters and wasn't to drawn out. There was a great voice, I like how she was true to the characters and ended the series on a positive note. The author did her characters proud by giving the series readers complete closure. I'm honestly glad that she didn't do what most authors do. Leave the series in a way that they can bring it back to life if they want too.

She deserves 5 Stars from me. 5/5 for those who are counting and I placed this review on Amazon for the author who we all knew need that for the ranking of her books. So congratulations to the author and I welcome a chit chat with any of her fans and herself if she would like to.

Thank you all for supporting by.

Kristal McKerrington

No Third Choice
No Third Choice
Price: 2.71

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book of Substance, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: No Third Choice (Kindle Edition)
AJ Kohler is a writer who has a great talent and creating a substance filled storyline. The plot will keep you guessing and loving every inch of the book. The author has a lot to offer the reader. I look forward to more of their work and I highly recommend this book to everyone who's looking for a good book to curl up on the sofa with after a hard day at work.

Son of Corse (The Raven Chronicles Book 2)
Son of Corse (The Raven Chronicles Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and Enthalling, 22 Sep 2013
Katie Marie Collins offers up a refreshing and exciting book. One which will have you turning the page. From the beginning to the end you'll find yourself unable to stop reading. She has a refreshing style and voice, one which makes this book fly in. Its a great book for a weekend read and the prefect squeal. This is the making of a great series writer and I hope to follow her books more closely. I look forward to seeing the final one coming out in this trilogy. I hope this author continues to make a raging success with her books.

Return to Painter's Island
Return to Painter's Island

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Childrens Book, 20 Sep 2013
I'm not a reader of Children's Books, however this one took me by surprise. It's heart warming and endearing. I'm not one for long reviews. This book grabbed my heart strings from the moment I started reading it until the last page. Its imaginative and exciting. This is a great book for children and for adults. I hope many more readers will read this book and enjoy it. The author has real talent with a really bright future.

A Girl's Adventure - full length erotic novel
A Girl's Adventure - full length erotic novel
Price: 1.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Go Wrong, 18 Aug 2013
Greta story is inspiring and amazing. Chloe brings out the best elements in Erotica. Through out the whole book you learn just one thing from this author. Your sucked into the world of Greta and you don't want to stop reading from the first chapter to the last. One thing I can say about this author is "In a genre stuffed to the brim with newbies and amateurs, Chloe Thurlow is the consummate professional, a writer who knows the genre and writes superbly"

I look forward to reading more of Chloe's work and see a bright future for this great British author.

Oenone
Oenone
Price: 2.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Explosive and A Must Read, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Oenone (Kindle Edition)
Agatha Rae has done it. She has taken a great idea and has made it leap off the page. So few can do this and she does it without much effort. She has created a world where you just don't want the story to end. You keep turning the pages and your heart sits in your mouth the whole time. There is just a moment in the book when you can feel the emotions of the characters and its amazing. I highly recommend the book and hope to see far more stories from her in the future. The beginning has just started for Agatha Rae.

Calling You Home
Calling You Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Calling You Home (Kindle Edition)
From the start Jason and May's story will take you on a whirlwind adventure where you will not see the end coming. You'll be shocked from the start to finish. The sweet romance and love Jason has for May comes through the whole story. After losing his wife we see him struggling to find out what the right thing to do is.

-----------SPOILER--------------

The end of the book was done so well by the author when she reveals he has a daughter. A secret she kept for seven years. The snippet at the end of the next book made my heart hammer. I can't wait to buy the second one. This book has been perfect during my summer holidays and for those boring lunchtimes.

I highly recommend this book and hope others will enjoy it too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2013 1:16 AM BST

The Cowboy's Bride (Cowboys and Cowgirls Book 1)
The Cowboy's Bride (Cowboys and Cowgirls Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Heart Warming Story, 26 Jun 2013
The book took the reader on a ride of utter fear and love. A woman's desperate fight means more to the man she grew up next door to. This book defines true romance and the world a romance author can cast when they put their mind to it.

This book has certainly made me a reader of this author. I have to say the characters were developed in this novella. The plot well thought out and the direction of its themes were well crafted. You will get lost in this novella and will not want to put it down.

I take my hat off to this author.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3