Profile for Pix > Reviews

Content by Pix

Pix "Shetland." (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Noble Beginnings: A Jack Noble Thriller (Jack Noble #1)
Noble Beginnings: A Jack Noble Thriller (Jack Noble #1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Paced well and has plenty of suspense, 8 Feb. 2015
From the get go the characters hold there own. Each offering an exciting, in depth background to them.

Jack seems to always be a "wrong place, wrong time marine"

Bear is the dependable, all American muscle that readers of this genre expect from there characters. Each part he plays fits in perfectly with the story. The entire time I read this I had Steve Austin in my head.

Jess seemed like a very last minute fixture to the story. There was moments when she felt clunky and not a good fit. Even though I see why the author added her. I would have personally stuck with the suspense and drama elements.

There is a lot to like about the book. L.T Ryan designed a good level of mystery to go with his suspense. He had a keen eye for detail that lots of readers will love. A couple of minor mistakes prevented this from hitting the top 5 star mark. Minor word mix ups and the main character needed to eat more often. As those were the only faults that stuck out in my mind. Would make a perfect film.

Unexpected
Unexpected
by Lori Foster
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Spicy, Hot and a Must Have., 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Unexpected (Mass Market Paperback)
Lori Foster creates an intense suspense story from the get go. The heat of a brothers kidnap and undeniable attraction between two rugged individuals.

Eli Conners is a man to whom could hold his own. His secret past is now in play thanks to his younger brother getting kidnapped. He had been lonely and until now Eli hadn't known. Ray opened his eyes to much more than his heart.

Ray Vereker is a woman who has a strong spirit and an a aggressive streak in her. She soon breaks all of her rules and finds herself unable to stop the waves of lust compounding her.

This is a duo that I don't want to be on the wrong side of. These two funny, romantic and will have your heart pumping from the first page to the last. I must admit that no library is complete without a copy of this five star romantic suspense that will have you desperate for more of Lori Foster's books.

(UNEXPECTED ) BY Foster, Lori (Author) Paperback Published on (09 , 2003)
(UNEXPECTED ) BY Foster, Lori (Author) Paperback Published on (09 , 2003)
by Lori Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars Spicy, Hot and a Must Have., 1 Feb. 2015

The Measure of Katie Calloway,: A Novel
The Measure of Katie Calloway,: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching and well rounded, 17 Jan. 2015
Katie Calloway's story from the hardest parts of her life in Georgia to the moment when she is reward with a new and happy life. Is a great Inspiring story with the most romantic element I have read in a long time. This book was perfectly balanced between romance and being one that spread the good word of God.

I was delighted by the ending and would like to have had more of an insight into Harlam's story. I do think it was a well thought out, detailed plot with an interesting history. One that I'm sure will make any historical romance reader happy to have found. The author wove together a story that she should be truly proud of. I was grateful to read this story and to get to know this genre of book better.

I look forward to reading more of Serena Millers work in the near future, it was a perfect 5 Star book that is worth reading more than once.

The Ice Dragon
The Ice Dragon

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Ice Dragon (Kindle Edition)
The story was detailed and brought to life with the Illustration by Luis Royo had created with each section of the book. A nice level of detail was given to the story, however I found personal faults in the story.

The story's ending seemed rushed and repeated in places. I think a little more development it would have been perfect. It was still an enjoyable story for everyone even if the blurb is far more like synopsis.

Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek Book #1)
Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek Book #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Insight, delightful and good for the soul., 3 Jan. 2015
From the beginning Kathleen Morgan captures the reader in a spell of wonder as they read the detailed story. Plot twists come left and right sometimes throwing the reader into a desire to read the end of the book quickly. A desire to see her leading female Abby to finally get her happy ending with Connor. Through a rough journey where Conor has a lot to learn about himself and so does Abby, a truly passionate and inspiring love story is told through this book.

If I had one bad note to make was that there was sometimes moments repeated that didn't need repeating. Some extra words were repeated that I'm sure a proofreader might catch on another walk through. All in all it earned its stars and I look forward to reading more of Kathleen's work in the future. I've already got a second book of hers already downloading.

Faith (Amish Romance) (The Amish Buggy Horse Series Bk 1)
Faith (Amish Romance) (The Amish Buggy Horse Series Bk 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delight yet educational, 29 Dec. 2014
I never heard or knew much about the Amish when I started to read this book. I'm a plain old Baptist myself. I use to do some work in my church.

I was nervous reading a different kind of Christian book and soon realised it was a very different romance indeed. Until today I never knew the Amish used German words. I found the author didn't over use them. She had the perfect balance between romance, English and German rolled up into one neat package. I was so taken by the good quality of writing and the details that made this story sing that it has encouraged me to check out the rest of her series.

I also hope to read the other best selling series she has.

I only found two mistakes in the whole book and highly recommend this to more people.

Welcome to Last Chance (A Place to Call Home Book #1): A Novel: Volume 1
Welcome to Last Chance (A Place to Call Home Book #1): A Novel: Volume 1

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet and deserving, 28 Dec. 2014
Those are the only two words that did this book justice. The story was perfect from start to finish. We really see the leading female go from the rough tough city girl to finding God and loving in a small town. When she is scared that her past is going to destroy everything that she has build. We see the small town Last Chance come around her. Not just her but we see how much a small town can love its members with the likes of when Fayette's son Matthew is hurt in a car crash. We see the whole small town try to keep Matthew on the straight and narrow. Each plot point was well thought out. I was going to give it 4 stars with the way that sometimes the language was hard to follow. I found myself having to re-read a couple pieces. I went with 5 stars as the way the characters sang they deserved that extra star. The flow was rough sometimes but worth sticking it out for. Looking forward to book 2.

Winter's End
Winter's End

3.0 out of 5 stars this was a great story..., 25 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Winter's End (Kindle Edition)
The love story involving Chris, which could have been longer. I love the elements that Ethel the grandmother to Christ Cameron offered. Richard played a great, well rounded role in this book and came out as a great under dog.

This book fell down with missing and over used words. I found myself wanting to edit and I'm not the best editor in the world.. I hate giving a book less than 4 stars but the lack of edits made it impossible for me to give it higher than three stars. It's a story I strongly recommend you read. I think the author has a lot to offer us and we have yet to see the full talent she has yet.

Vampire Trouble (Dead in the City)
Vampire Trouble (Dead in the City)

5.0 out of 5 stars Without A Doubt Her Best Work, 20 Dec. 2014
Review:

Maya has no memories of her past before being turned into a vampire. She was killed in a sexual assault before beaten to death.

Now Shane and Maya are sent into a spiraling adventure that leads them on a journey that teaches them about gypsies, vampires, werewolves and shifters. What the other world could live like. When they become the second bloodmates in the vampire community they discover who strained their race really is.

Tension continues to rise as Maya is hunted by werewolves and it turns out that her family has been hunted for generations. There is far more to her story than she knows.

My Thoughts:

Very few authors can knock out continuous books out of the park like Sara Humphreys does with her "Vampire series". She did well in her second book and has got the readers and myself all excited for book number 3. She earned the 5 stars for her book and I wish I could give her more. Sara has taken in my belief the "Vampire mythology" to a whole other level.

I will definitely be adding the rest of her series to my "to be read list". I'm going to be checking out the "Amores Legends" series also. I hope to make Sara Humphreys a fixed author in my reading list and I hope you do too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5