Profile for D. Mcalpine > Reviews

Content by D. Mcalpine

D. Mcalpine (Ashington, Northumberland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Escape From Planet Earth [DVD]
Escape From Planet Earth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cal Brunker

5.0 out of 5 stars this is an excellent family film with plenty to keep young children occupied ..., 3 Sep 2014
this is an excellent family film with plenty to keep young children occupied till the very end. I would highly recommend this film to anyone with kids over the age of 4 especially if they like cartoonish films like toy story or cars etc.

Selhard 09168 Rubber Furniture Rests
Selhard 09168 Rubber Furniture Rests
Offered by AP Motor Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great floor protector, 3 Sep 2014
These items are great for my wooden beds as I have laminate flooring in all of the bedrooms and found that my children's beds would slide and scratch the flooring, these rubber rest have now eliminated this problem completely.

Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium [DVD]
Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Bateman
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic family film, 1 Sep 2014
good wholesome family entertainment, Dustin Hoffmann is excellent as Mr Magorium and the rest of the cast follow suit. if you like a good family film then this is for you.

Screaming In The Night
Screaming In The Night

3.0 out of 5 stars Retro Eighties metal, 1 Sep 2014
a song from my youth in the early eighties which at the time I thought was great song with good lyrics but now it is only mediocre (maybe my age???). If you want to revisit your youth then this may just disappoint you somewhat but everyone to their own taste.

Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013]
Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell

5.0 out of 5 stars Family entertainment as it should be., 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Despicable Me 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Great family film, me and my family first saw the film at the cinema and pre- ordered the DVD the same day. I can honestly say this film is better than the first one even though Despicable Me was also excellent.

Dr. Martens Women's Kara Bright Red Mary Jane 15045620 3 UK
Dr. Martens Women's Kara Bright Red Mary Jane 15045620 3 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Martens at their best, 1 Sep 2014
My wife purchased these shoes as she has small feet and narrow feet and these shoes fit perfectly, if you have a narrow foot these would be a very good buy but if you have a standard width foot then they may be a bit tight.

Stormbringers (Order of Darkness Book 2)
Stormbringers (Order of Darkness Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Philippa Gregory does it again, 1 Sep 2014
my wife loves Philippa Gregory books and she was again not disappointed with this one. the story is great with good strong characters and a story line that flows very freely. If you enjoyed the Cousins at war series (white queen, Red Queen etc.) then you will love this one as well.

Tudorose 15 Denier Stockings, One Size - Nearly Black
Tudorose 15 Denier Stockings, One Size - Nearly Black
Offered by TUDOROSE

3.0 out of 5 stars get what you pay for.........., 1 Sep 2014
Ok for the price paid, these were bought for my wife but the only problem found is that they click and hole quite easily and after a couple of wears she has had to throw them out.

Hamster Playball Toy
Hamster Playball Toy
Offered by All Things Garden and Pets

2.0 out of 5 stars dont purchase this item unless you want an escapee in your home......., 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Hamster Playball Toy (Misc.)
I bought this ball for my new hamster and on receiving the item I thought it looked good quality, this was a massive error on my part, firstly the lid could not be removed as there was a trace of glue on one of the lugs that had to be carefully removed, secondly after only two weeks of use I found that my hamster had escaped from the ball as the lid comes loose and opens if the hamster knocks it off something solid a couple of times and finally the ball has now cracked wide open from top to bottom again allowing my hamster to escape.

the plastic is not in my opinion of a good quality and is definitely not impact resistant which is what I would hope for. I wish I had not purchased this item as I am now going to have to buy another one

Moshi Monsters - Limited Edition with Trading Card and Moshling Code [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Wip Vernooij
Offered by Helen's Goodies

4.0 out of 5 stars Child orientated film, 22 May 2014
I bought this DVD for my two young children whom are Moshi monster mad, they really enjoyed the film but it was a bit too sickly sweet for my taste but then again I did buy it for my kids and not me.
the film in general is good and has various morals to it (team work is better than being individual etc.)

if you have children aged between 4 and 10 years old who are Moshi monster mad then this is the film for them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4