Profile for SWR > Reviews

SWR

Dihl 68 Litre Stainless Steel Automatic Sensor Bin
Dihl 68 Litre Stainless Steel Automatic Sensor Bin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good size, metal a little flimsy, 28 Dec. 2015
Good size, metal a little flimsy, noisy when opening, suggested batteries of 4 x D cell batteries are incorrect. Mine takes 4 x AA batteries. Seems to be a lottery which one you get so might as well wait and see which you get rather than waste money on incorrect batteries like I have done.

The Miniaturist
The Miniaturist

3.0 out of 5 stars I can see why it didn't win the Man Booker Prize, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Miniaturist (Kindle Edition)
A nice story but in some parts is unbelievable and too taller-made. At times too convenient. Worth reading but I felt let down by the ending.

Grave Sight (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Grave Sight (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Charlaine Harris

2.0 out of 5 stars Drawn Out Dross, 17 Mar. 2011
Charlaine Harris can be congratulated for writing a boring, drawn out masterpiece that you can't wait to finish. The first 95% of the book is confusing, with improper explanations of characters and their relationships. Finally arriving at the last chapter I wasn't sure if I was just glad that the saga was nearly finished or that I would finally have my suspicions confirmed that the killer was in fact who I guessed it would be in chapter 3. Will I be catching up with Harper, the attitude ridden corpse finder and her equally monotonous half-brother in the other books? I doubt it.