Profile for MrsK > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Morrisons Anti-Bacterial Multi-Purpose Cleaner Apple Fresh, 500ml
Morrisons Anti-Bacterial Multi-Purpose Cleaner Apple Fresh, 500ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 18 July 2016
I’m really pleased with this cleaner given the price. The apple smell was nice, but not very strong unfortunately, otherwise I can’t really fault it. I’ve been using it in the kitchen and I was impressed how well it cut through grease on my stainless steel hob and it brings the sink, benches and tiles up well too. I even used it to clean down the kids outdoor toys which had got a bit grubby from being left out in the rain and it made light work of them. I’d definitely buy this again and would recommend.

GAINWELL Broom and Mop Holder - Wall-mounted Mop and Broom Organizer - Perfect for Garage, Kitchen, Basement or Laundry Room - Easy Solution for Mop and Broom Holder Storage Issues!
Offered by GAINWELL UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good for Keeping Things Organised, 18 July 2016
The Broom Holder was easy to install and comes with screws and wall plugs. I will say now, that although unimportant in the grand scheme of things, I do not like the orange colour, I’d have preferred the whole thing was silver. Since I’ve hung it in the broom cupboard, it doesn’t really matter though.

The holder has clamps (for want of a better word) to hold brooms/mops and so on as well as hooks. You could potentially use one of these in a garage or shed for garden tools too. I found it held everything securely and as the clamps/hooks slide along, you can easily position them to hold items of different widths. It seems well enough made and it’s freed up so much floor space in my broom cupboard, as I don’t have everything propped up in the corner. Would recommend.

*I received this at a discount in return for an honest review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

MobilePro Apple iPhone 5 / 5S Case Black Heavy Duty Shockproof Defender Cover [Includes A Clear Screen Protector]
Offered by MobileProUK

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, could do with some improvements, 13 July 2016
This case comes in two parts – a flexible plastic case, plus a solid plastic black clip which I guess re-inforces it.
I used this with an iPhone 5S and found it quite difficult to put on and even more difficult to remove - also, one of the corners bent the first time I removed the case, so now it does not fit flush with the phone. Once on though, the phone does seem quite well protected and the case does not obscure any of the buttons. There is a flip out stand on the back, but unfortunately it is not adjustable, so you can’t necessarily get the right angle. It does come with a screen protector and a cloth. To conclude I would say that the case is just OK.
I received this free in return for an honest review.

Trongle Multi-Angle Aluminum Stand for Tablets, e-readers and Smartphones, Desktop Stand for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy / Tab, Google Nexus, HTC, LG, Nokia Lumia, Blackberry, OnePlus and More (02)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good stand, but please read if you use a heavy duty case, 10 July 2016
This stand is quite heavy and seems well made. It folds up for easy storage, you just need to press the button on the side of the stand to unlock the stand and it’s adjustable, so you can change the angle to suit you.

I first tried with my iPhone 5S and it worked well. The phone seemed secure and the rubberised part of the stand that the device rests on, means that it was unlikely to scratch. With a phone the stand worked well and I was pleased.

With my iPad, unfortunately there was a slight issue. I have an iPad Air 2 and it is currently in a heavy duty Griffin case, which makes the iPad thicker than normal. It would not fit onto the stand with that case unfortunately, so I had to remove it. Removing those sorts of cases is a complete nightmare, but once done the iPad stood on the stand nicely in both portrait and landscape mode.

Whilst I acknowledge that it isn’t the fault of the product, please be aware that if you use a heavy duty case or have a particularly thick bumper for your tablet, there is a chance you may not be able to use it. I would still recommend the stand, I am otherwise pleased with it.

*I received this at a discount in return for an honest review

Homankit Silicone Non Stick Baking Mat / Macaron Mat / Cookie Mat, Baking Tray Liner Red | 29.5x42cm Brown Surface Fits for Half Sheet | Reusable, Flexible, Non-Stick, Easy To Clean Baking Sheet Liner | Healthy Cooking Mat / Kitchen Mat,BPA free and FDA and LFGB
Offered by EU Homankit

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good: Non-Stick and Wipe Clean, 10 July 2016
This mat was thicker than I had expected – I owned something similar before and it was very thin in comparison. You do of course have to place it on the top of a baking tray to use it.

The macaron circles are smaller than I had expected, but to be honest I don’t often bake macarons, so it’s not the end of the world for me. I have actually used this for baking cookies and savoury biscuits with my daughter. I even tried it with oven chips and it worked fine!

The surface is definitely non-stick and it is really easy to clean too, most residue just wipes straight off the surface. I would recommend.

*I received this item free of charge in return for an honest review.

Radox Feel Uplifted Pink Grapefruit and Basil Handwash, 250ml
Radox Feel Uplifted Pink Grapefruit and Basil Handwash, 250ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Fragrance, Will Buy Again, 8 July 2016
This hand wash is quite thick and lathers well. It feels quite creamy, which is good, yet unusual as it has a gel-like appearance. The scent is predominantly grapefruit and is very zesty and uplifting. The scent lingers on my skin for a good while after use and my hands feel soft. I do have fairly dry skin on my hands, but this hand wash hasn't aggravated it at all, as some others have. Only downside is that it isn't anti-bacterial.

iPhone 5s/5 Case, Wisdompro® Premium PU Leather 2-in-1 Protective [Folio Flip] Wallet Case with Multiple Credit Card Holder/Slots and Wrist Lanyard for Apple iPhone 5s/5 (Purple)
Offered by Wisdompro UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 5 July 2016
This is a lovely little phone case. It comes nicely packaged with a cleaning cloth, stylus and screen protector included. I must admit that I did not try the screen protector as my phone already has one on.

The case seems well made and is a perfect fit for my iPhone 5S, with the camera and buttons still accessible and not obscured in any way (you'd think this was a given, but I once bought a phone case that did this).

The removeable wrist strap is useful - I use it to attach the phone to the inside of my handbag for a bit of extra security, however, since it's at the top, it makes the phone difficult to use if you have the wrist strap on.

I don't use the wallet feature as I don't think it's a good idea to keep your cards and phone together, but I like that the case covers the screen to stop the phone getting scratched in my bag/pocket.

Very pleased on the whole and would recommend.

*I received this free in return for an honest review.

Trongle USB 3.0 Portable External Slot-in DVD-RW CD-RW Burner Writer External Optical Drive with Built-in USB Cable for Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air , HP Dell IBM Sony Toshiba Acer Apple Asus or other Laptop/Desktops OS System/Windows

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 3 July 2016
Firstly, this does have an eject button, despite the fact the description says it doesn’t. You can actually see the eject button in the picture. It’s not the end of the world, but I thought worth pointing out.

The drive is plug and play (cable included), no drivers needed. Being USB 3.0 I found the transfer rate good. It does exactly what it should and the build quality of the item seems good, with a nice silver finish. It’s also fairly slim and portable. I would recommend.

*I received this item at a discount in return for an honest review.

Trongle HDMI to VGA, 1080P with Audio Port, Gold-Plated Active HDMI HDTV to VGA Adapter Converter Male to Female with Micro USB & 3.5mm Audio Port Cable for PC Laptop DVD HDTV, Raspberry Pi, and other HDMI Devices Male to Female with Micro USB Charging Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, 3 July 2016
Tried this cable with both a monitor and a projector and it worked well as expected. USB is a useful inclusion if using a low power device. A useful cable as many laptops now don’t come with VGA, would recommend.
*I received this at a discount in return for an honest review.

Napolina Pizza Bases, 4 x 75g
Napolina Pizza Bases, 4 x 75g

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Convenience, 30 Jun. 2016
My 2 year old loves helping in the kitchen and pizzas are something easy that she can do. I hate making dough, so thought these might be a good alternative and they definitely get my vote when it comes to convenience. You just need to add your toppings then put in the oven for 10 minutes.

I suppose the main downside is that the bases go quite crunchy - especially on the edges when cooked. I'd describe the taste of the bases as being similar to cheap frozen pizzas, but they're OK and I don't think my toddler noticed.

I would buy these again, they provided a nice activity for my little girl and were quick and convenient to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20