Profile for A. Reviewer > Reviews

Content by A. Reviewer

A. Reviewer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gioteck Real Triggers (PS3)
Gioteck Real Triggers (PS3)
Offered by Gameseek

4.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't the Playstation come with these?, 30 May 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Having moved to a Playstation 3 from the 360 I found that there were a few small niggles that I had to get used to, the lame trophy system, the fact that two players can't sign in at the same time and the awful user interface (Even worse than the Xbox's for finding what you want!). Chief among these was the awkward controller.

After doing a fair bit of research it has become obvious that the best controller for the PS3 is the original one. That in mind I knew that there was at least one solvable problem and that was the weak triggers.

Gioteck triggers to the rescue!

These are great, they clip straight onto the existing triggers and suddenly the controller feels more natural, they are easy to apply, affordable and look like they belong.

Now the only reason that I don't give this product a five star review is that I ordered two sets, one set fit perfectly and out of the other set only one fit. The second one just keeps popping off. The reason for this is that the plastic clip on the faulty one is incomplete meaning that it cannot grip properly. A bit of superglue may fix the problem but I have decided to order another set instead.

GUARMOR - 3x Nikon Coolpix S9100 Digital Camera Premium Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover Guard Shield Film Kits, no cutting (3 pieces)
Offered by Gadgetarmour & Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what a screen protector should, 30 May 2013
This item applied with none of the dreaded air bubbles, without looking closer you would be hard pressed to say that the camera is even covered by it.
So, I am happy to recommend this product.

Xylo ClearICE Anti Scratch LCD Screen Cover Film Protector for the Motorola Atrix MB860 Mobile Phone. With Free MicroFibre Cleaning Cloth for Easy Application.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not all the same after all, 30 May 2013
Over the years I have become a bit of a dab hand in applying these screen protectors, however this one has proven to be... shall we say... awkward. Although there's nothing to say that these are any lesser quality than any one of the seemingly hundreds of alternatives, for some reason I am completely unable to apply it without lots of little air pockets.

I am a bit of a perfectionist for applying screen protectors. Immediately prior to this I had just stuck one onto my Nikon Camera's screen without a single air bubble but for some reason this one wouldn't play ball.

My phone now looks like it has been out in the rain and covered by lots of drops of water, for the first time ever I am tempted to just remove the thing and risk using it without a screen protector however instead I think I will just order an alternative and try to put up with it for a few days.

Far Cry 3 (PC DVD)
Far Cry 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by GeeksWholesaler

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it a good game? If it ever plays I'll tell you!, 27 April 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Upon installing the game which has to be launched through a proprietary launcher called Uplay I found that the game would exit during the initial loading screen.

On the first day I spent a couple of hours researching the issue - which is sadly far more commonplace than it should be - attempted everything short of completely formatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows and still could not successfully launch the game.

Over the subsequent few weeks I have returned to the game seeking new ideas on how to fix the issue. But nothing new has emerged and from the research I have done it would appear that Ubisoft have no interest in addressing the issues that their customers are facing.

Today I gave the game another try, I looked to see if any bug-fixes had been released and ultimately chose to uninstall it, still unplayed!

It would appear that some people have managed to play the game and have enjoyed it, I have not nor is my experience limited to myself however I have spent a number of hours attempting to play this game and am disappointed that I will not have the chance.

Ultimately, the decision to buy this title is yours but do so in the knowledge that you may be one of those that are unable to actually play it and that you will not be able to claim a refund for a product that is not fit for purpose! Before hitting buy I would suggest that you "Google Far Cry 3 problems" or similar for a look at what might be in your future :)

Edit to add: New PC new attempt to run this.

Having built a new PC with completely new components I gave this game another go. My (also) new superfast broadband made downloading the files much faster and the game installed without a hitch. And... I managed to start a game!
The graphics are nice but there is something about it that just doesn't feel responsive. It's something that I can't quite put into words but the movement doesn't seem to exactly match my mouse movement anyway that aside it seems similar to Far Cry 2 in feel and I'm sure if I get into it I will probably enjoy it.

One more thing. After playing the title a couple of times I went to launch it one evening to find that it needed to be downloaded and installed again which struck me as a little bizzare.

I've updated my rating because of the above developments but can't give it a higher score as yet and I don't think I should have had the initial issues on a PC that was well above minimum requirements.

Nerf Tactical Vest
Nerf Tactical Vest

4.0 out of 5 stars Nerf Fashion, 12 July 2012
This review is from: Nerf Tactical Vest (Sports)
I had hoped that this vest would fit a rotund middle-aged man - it didn't fit me despite breathing in, so instead I had to give it to my son for his birthday as originally planned. I wish the Nerf range had existed when I was a child. We had to make do with sticks and arguments over whether our imaginary bullets had found their targets. Instead of functional vests like this we made do with Parkas.

Brand New XYLO ACCESSORIES Car Kit: Windscreen Suction Mount Holder and In Car Charger for the Motorola Atrix Mobile Phone
Offered by Xylo Uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Generic item, 12 July 2012
Despite stating that this product is for the Motorola Atrix it is a cheap, generic, one-size-fits-all product the quality of which seemed lacking even at the price paid. That it gives the impression of being designed for a particular device is misleading.
I returned the item for a refund.

Silencio VM36 Rear Wiper Blade - Megane Estate / Scenic
Silencio VM36 Rear Wiper Blade - Megane Estate / Scenic

3.0 out of 5 stars Only compatible with Scenic Mk2, 12 July 2012
Less of a review, more of a 'heads up'.
I purchased this item as it stated it's suitability for use on a Renault Scenic. When it arrived the product appeared perfectly good however the design of the item incorporates a slight bump making it incompatible with my vehicle. It does state on the packaging - but not the Amazon description (as of this writing) - that it is compatible with the Scenic Mk2. Mine must be a Scenic Mk1.

Sabrent USB 2.0 Video & Audio Capture DVD Maker [A/V-to-USB 2.0 Digital Video Adapter] (USB-AVCPT)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 19 Jun. 2012
Problems installing the driver on Windows 7.
Bundled software wont run as the screen size has to be set to at least 1024x768 - The screen size is actually 1900x1280 which when I went to school was greater than 1024x768. So had to download Virtual Dub instead. This should not affect the result as it is used by many purveyors of fine Youtube videos to demonstrate this particular product.
After all the hoop jumping it simply doesn't work when trying to capture video from an Xbox 360.
Have now received and tested a replacement and the result is exactly the same.
Tried with two Windows 7 computers. The second of which has a high end (as of two years ago) graphics card.
Three different Xbox video cables.
Based on my personal experience I would advise saving the money to put towards a working product from a different manufacturer.
As a side note, the seller responded to my problem and issued a replacement straight away - in no way is this review intended to reflect negatively on them.

LUPO Black Notebook/Laptop Neoprene Pouch Case Sleeve - Fits up to 12.1" Inch Notebooks/Laptops/Netbooks

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 25 Aug. 2011
This is a basic Neoprene netbook/small lappie pouch. It won't protect your equipment if you drop it into a cement mixer but it'll stop your laptop from getting scratches and minor bumps which is a good thing really.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Car visor CD organiser, 25 Aug. 2011
Short review - Does the job as described, I think you'd be crazy to leave money and credit cards in your car but my wife's music selection should be safe as nobody in their right mind would want to nick it! - One caveat, check the dimensions as this is a little too large for my wife's Ford Ka. - Told you it was a short review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3