ARRAY(0xac23f514)

Profile for C. Hubley > Reviews

Content by C. Hubley

C. Hubley "Kristofski" (UK)

The Beginner's Guide to Colour Psychology
The Beginner's Guide to Colour Psychology
by Angela Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, 2 Nov 2007
This is a really facinating read and I would recomend it to anyone interested in how the colours around them affects how they feel in their life. It's written in a very down to earth practical way, and is very much rooted in action and practical aplication. I have a few issues with some of the things she says, for example insisting that pink as a colour for the "feminine" is psychological rather than cultural, and at one point she makes a comment about women who cut their hair short "not allowing their true nature to show", a comment which I think shows more about her own issues and predjuces than those of the people she's talking about.

The Worm Book
The Worm Book
by Janet Ahlberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Jun 2007
This review is from: The Worm Book (Paperback)
This was my faivorite book when I was a child, and I still love it now. It has a dry humour to it that is unusual in children's books. My faivorite part - "Points to look for when buying a worm: This worm has a hat on. These may well be inflatable worms. This is not a worm, it is something else." Classic!

Craft of the Wild Witch: Green Spirituality and Natural Enchantment
Craft of the Wild Witch: Green Spirituality and Natural Enchantment
by Poppy Palin
Price: 17.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A poetic book, 11 Mar 2007
When I first started reading this book I found it very difficult to get into. It is written in a VERY poetic way, and it seemed to me to be a bit up it's own bum. I have gotten into it more now and I'm really enjoying it, though I do feel like I have to take the whole thing with a pinch of salt and let myself be swept away with the words. If you think you'd enjoy a book written in this way it would be good for you, but maybe not so good for those wanting something more down to earth and practical.

John Henry
John Henry
Offered by MMT-UK
Price: 11.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the other stuff, 29 Mar 2004
This review is from: John Henry (Audio CD)
This was the first album They Might Be Giants did using a backing band as opposed to the usual tape recoder, and to me it really shows. i was really dissapointed when I first listend to it, cos i wasn't expecting the full band sound, and alot of it ends up losing the creativity and igenuity that I love the band for. It does have some really great tunes on it, ones that come to mind are "noone knows my plan" and the moving "the end of the tour". Though overall it does seem to be lacking some of the exciting experimentation of the earlier albums, almost like they're writing and playing like they feel they should do if they've got a proper backing band. Still worth getting mind:)