Profile for Nottsgary > Reviews

Housing Repair T5 T6 Screwdriver Opening Pry Tools for Blackberry
Housing Repair T5 T6 Screwdriver Opening Pry Tools for Blackberry
Offered by SWEETY LIFE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 27 Mar. 2014
Arrived quickly and it all works as intended, not a lot more to say! I would buy another set from this buyer if I needed it.

Blackberry Bold 9900 9930 002 version ~ Black Full Front LCD Display + Touch Screen ~ Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement
Offered by SKILIWAH

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware......., 27 Mar. 2014
I bought this after using a link from a youtube video on repairing my phone. I could not get the new screen working, so I put the old screen back in, and took it to a phone repair shop.

The shop said that the screen will never work because the screen must have the same batch number as the phone, otherwise they will not work together.

I bought this, and it is unusable, so therefore a waste of money. The shop has not fibbed for its own benefit hoping I would buy their screen, I still use my old cracked screen.

Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer
Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer

2.0 out of 5 stars From an ex cops point of view, 27 Mar. 2014
The book did not really grip me at all, nothing out of the ordinary and a bland read I am afraid. I never finished it.

Three days in June
Three days in June

5.0 out of 5 stars This must be the best book written of the whole campaign., 27 Mar. 2014
This book covers the battle from what must be every conceivable angle. This has to rank as the best written book of the whole campaign, not just the battle of Longdon.

The book is written in very soldierly terms and pulls no punches, it takes you into the battle as no other book has, a fantastic read and a real insight into the thoughts and feelings of soldiers at war.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

York Fitness Bench
York Fitness Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars I would buy it again., 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
I bought this for home use. For the price, you get an excellent bench, sturdy enough and no risk of tipping over etc. I had no problems with the packaging or the padding, everything arrived in one box, promptly, and in brand new condition.

The bench seems to fold perfectly flat to my eye, some people suggest otherwise, maybe this is a historical fault that has been rectified. If there is a gap between the small pad and the large pad......then you have put the small pad on the wrong way around, rotate it 180 degrees and it is fine.

I am 5'11'' and it is fine for day to day to training, a longer bench would probably be in the £200-£300 price range, for less than £70 this is great, I cannot fault it. Construction is a simple affair, but rather than use the two spanners provided which make it a bit fiddly, use an 8'' adjustable and a socket set which will make it easier, saying that, its easy enough with the spanners. I would recommend this to anybody except the serious trainers who are pressing their own body weight etc, I am 95kg and press 60kg on it no problems.

Notes From a Small Military - I Commanded and Fought with 2 Para at the Battle of Goose Green. I was Head of Counter Terrorism for the M.O.D. This is my True Story

3.0 out of 5 stars some urban myths in there., 28 Nov. 2013
The book is very witty in some places, and informative in others. The story of a Cpl who wipes Mars bar on a toilet then tastes it to shock a platoon commander, and the platoon commander then trying the same trick on a company commander only to find it's not Mars bar, is as generic as the firefighter who reverses over a rescued cat.

If it contains one such falsehood, how many more does it contain? A shame really as the author has more than enough stories to tell without padding it out with content such the above.

Ska'd for Life: A Personal Journey with The Specials
Ska'd for Life: A Personal Journey with The Specials
by Horace Panter

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 July 2013
Much has been written about the band and the movement, but Sir Horace Gentleman probably gives the first true insight into the rise and fall of the band, what drove it, what caused its demise, and the unlikely career he picked up after the band. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

CUTE PUG DOG TAX DISC HOLDER 163
CUTE PUG DOG TAX DISC HOLDER 163
Offered by All Personalised Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 26 July 2013
This review is from: CUTE PUG DOG TAX DISC HOLDER 163
I bought his for my wife as our new car just had a standard plastic holder. Quickly delivered, easily secures to the windscreen, a simple but effective holder.

Survivor on the River Kwai: The Incredible Story of Life on the Burma Railway
Survivor on the River Kwai: The Incredible Story of Life on the Burma Railway

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing and moving book., 26 July 2013
Where do I start?! Read this, along with The Forgotten Highlander and then think again before you curse and tut at the old man who is in your way whilst you are in a supermarket etc, he may well be a survivor of this terrible campaign. Reg Twigg died before he saw his book published. He has written a very insightful book, and has every right to be a bitter man, I would like to have met Reg Twigg and had a pint with him, he struck me as an out and out gentleman.

A wonderful page turner of a book and an epic story of survival.

You're Wondering Now: The Specials - From Conception To Reunion
You're Wondering Now: The Specials - From Conception To Reunion

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Specials/2-Tone fan, 26 July 2013
Having just read Horace Panter's excellent Ska'd For Life, and Neville Staples "Rude Boy", this was a great book, written without prejudice about the rise, fall, and renaissance of a band and a movement that polarised British youth. What drove the band to become what they were, and how that drive, powered mostly by Dammers, caused its demise.

It makes me raise an eyebrow that they are again touring the US, a country I thought they would have learned to stay away from after reading the book. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3