Profile for Victoria J. Sanders > Reviews

Content by Victoria J. Sa...

Victoria J. Sanders "Victoria Jane" (England)

Page: 1 | 2
American Tune
American Tune

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure delight. Very soothing and comforting, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: American Tune (Audio CD)
I first discovered Eva about 15 years ago with "Over the Rainbow"....fell in love with her voice....bought my first CD called "Songbird" which I have never ever tired of listening to and have bought many copies for family and friends who have been equally happy. I then added to my collection and the joy went on and on......
I thought that was it......I had heard all of Eva's songs.....but then I stumbled upon the song "American Tune" and it literally blew me away....brought me to tears. I was once again enraptured with her crystal, enchanting voice as she sung every single note with emotion and clear conviction. I listened to that song over and over then found to my joy that it was available on this album. I read a few reviews and decided to ignore the negative ones and just decide for myself.
I am NOT disappointed even though there are 3 from previous albums (incl # 1...#5...#10). But it's ok!! #5 is a different arrangement: cool and laid back with great guitars accompaniment. #10, an old favourite, is a perfect way to finish this album because she does indeed take your breath away.
I just can't find any more superlatives to describe how happy I am with this album .....ok, maybe a few more: intense, eclectic, fun #8, clever, poignant, controlled, mesmerising............enjoy :o)

Christmas [Special Edition: Bonus Tracks]
Christmas [Special Edition: Bonus Tracks]
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing. Way too corny, 11 Dec. 2013
Since I absolutely adore the sound of Michael's voice, and have loads of his music, I was so disappointed with this CD. Poor arrangement and bad choice of back up singers/choir/instrumentals.
Shania Twain spoils her duet with him.
"Jingle bells" is hideous with The Puppini Sisters who are so corny and are awful to listen to.
Thank goodness for the input from Graham on his guitar in "Holly jolly Christmas".
Hey Michael, what happened to your voice in "Santa baby"??? You're losing it buddy!!!
"All I want for Christmas is you" is sung only by Michael and is very listenable. Very nice!!
"Blue Christmas" is way too jazzed up and frankly - weird!!
Ok, so Thalia isn't too bad with "Feliz Navidad" but it's the background choir which then spoils it towards the end
All that other back up jingly jangly stuff + singers and bad arrangement is just a waste of an otherwise good CD. I will play this music when cooking dinner and have had a sherry or two!! I will make myself enjoy this CD and try and get over the nauseating parts!!

Italian for Beginners (Book & Cd)
Italian for Beginners (Book & Cd)
by Angela Wilkes
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this language book - MOLTO BUONO, 9 Nov. 2010
This book is really great. I am very happy with it, especially as I know what to expect, considering the fact that I already have the exact same book in French, German and Spanish. It's fairly "easy" for me to pick up the language, as I just need to remember the format from the other books, which I am already used to. A useful and very fun way to learn another language. I highly recommend this book in any language you care to take up.

Spice Of Life [Australian Import]
Spice Of Life [Australian Import]
Offered by Music-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasurable, 9 Nov. 2010
Before purchasing this album I read the reviews on Amazon and was very impressed and encouraged and felt I wouldn't be disappointed with this CD. I play it a lot and it's upbeat and bluesy. Eclectic. Fun. Laid back and soulful. Diverse. Not just Earl on his guitar (brilliant and talented as he is) with the same old same old!! But with wonderful combination of other instruments, such as the alto and the bass flute, and various guitars (classical, bass, electric, acoustic). Funky. Toe tapping. LOVE IT. You can play it over and over and still forget what's coming next!! I love the unpredictability! You too, will not be disappointed

The Time Traveler's Wife [DVD] [2009]
The Time Traveler's Wife [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Eric Bana
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars A must see but for those who have read the book FIRST, 9 Nov. 2010
My husband couldn't cope with all the changes and didn't get it........but I don't blame him because one HAS to read the book first in order to even start comprehending. I loved the whole movie. My expectations were very low considering how one is often disappointed after reading such a great book. The book is OUTSTANDING. Some had told me that the movie wasn't spectacular, but I absolutely had to watch it and find out for myself and form my own opinion. I really did enjoy it, even though it wasn't the best acting in the world other than the absolute main characters (can't give anything away here). It was a good adaptation and the scenery was good. The love came through and this is what was most important. A must see for anyone who has read the book. Am glad I watched it. It just scratched the surface of such a massive book. Just a bit here and a bit there. Just enough to get you thinking. Beautiful main characters. Beautiful and passionate Rachel Mc Adams and Eric Bana. Well done.

Eric Carle Numbers Flashcards 123
Eric Carle Numbers Flashcards 123
by Eric Carle
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Immediate WOW factor, 9 Nov. 2010
These are really great quality and very durable. They are bright, cheerful, and so much fun. I am a language tutor and use them for kids and adults alike. I have written the names of the animals and the numbers, in each language I teach, on each flashcard. They are especially good if you combine them with the story books by Eric Carle, because then the kids recognise the characters! You can also tell a story with the flashcards. They have so many uses. VERY versatile. A "MUST HAVE" as they are such a valuable teaching tool. Everyone loves flashcards!!

From Head to Toe
From Head to Toe
by Eric Carle
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, bold and fun, 9 Nov. 2010
This review is from: From Head to Toe (Board book)
I am thrilled that this book is so big as it's great for small and large crowds of kids who can see the pictures well and can then really get involved. Repetition is the key and kids love the excitement of learning so fast and being able to shout out "I can do it". I collect TY Beanie Babies and have a huge collection of animals, many of which match those by Eric Carle. In this book, the parrot, camel, gorilla, seal, buffalo, giraffe and penguin are amongst his characters. I use his books to teach French and it's great to just write the translation on each page, in a different colour. The words are fairly simple and repetitious and so books like this one are brilliant for fast learning. Fantastique :o)

Consoles and Gadgets iPod Nano 2nd generation Green Silicon Skin
Consoles and Gadgets iPod Nano 2nd generation Green Silicon Skin

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 9 Nov. 2010
I actually purchased the armband as well as the silicone cover. I am really pleased with this product. Inexpensive. Great quality, keeps my Ipod nice & clean, and it looks good. Wear your Ipod facing downwards so that the opening is on the upper side. I found with my last silicone cover (which, incidentally lasted me about 3 years before one of the loops in the back ripped - - this is just wear and tear, and is totally normal) that the cover did get a little tiny bit loose. I would sometimes take the ipod from the cover and clean it. In any case, the cover is really perfectly snug that there is no chance of it slipping out anyway. I am very satisfied.

Endless Highway
Endless Highway

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasurable and relaxing, 9 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Endless Highway (Audio CD)
I had the great pleasure of meeting Tom and his band when they came to a concert in San Angelo, Texas. I was blown away by the fantastic quality and range of music. They are absolutely brilliant. So upbeat, fun and eclectic. Tom is amazingly talented and can entertain you on the alto sax, soprano sax, and the flute, to name a few. I bought the album and love, love, love it. It always makes me smile. Smooth and soulful.

Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Magimix M190 Coffee Machine - Limousine Black
Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Magimix M190 Coffee Machine - Limousine Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer pleasure every single time, 1 Nov. 2010
I have the machine and the milk frother. I have had success every single time and it makes me smile each time as it is such a wonderful experience. I am picky about my whole coffee experience. I make my friends happy when they come over. They say "oh - don't go to any trouble" but then they see how it takes less than 1 minute to make a cappucino. Plug the machine in and turn it on, then wait about 20 seconds then the coffee itself takes approximately 30 seconds to come through. It's all totally foolproof. Dead easy to clean. I have tried many different coffee flavours and love them all. I especially like the stronger ones with a strength of 7-10. I have never been disappointed with anything and neither will you. In the beginning I gasped a little when I realised how expensive the coffee pods are (approx 70c each when you calculate shipping and handling) BUT do you want 1st class coffee every single time? And how much more is it to go and get yourself a Starbucks coffee?? You can have so many wonderful coffee mornings with your friends and they will be completely satisfied. I will never be without my Nespresso. It's a MUST HAVE. Totally worth it. Satisfaction guaranteed. No nonsense. :o)

Page: 1 | 2