Profile for Janet from Barnet > Reviews

Content by Janet from Barnet

Janet from Barnet (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Forefront Cases Leather Case Cover/Stand with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for Apple iPad Mini - Red
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 8 Jan 2014
Case is slim and light but offers good protection. Folds to form a stand. Ipad wakes automatically on opening the case. Good price.

Salter Contour Electronic Timer
Salter Contour Electronic Timer

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy, 13 Oct 2013
From reading other reviews it seems there are two versions of this product and I have the 4 magnet version which is appalling quality - the buttons just don't work - you have to press them numerous times to try to stop or start the timer. Would have given it no stars if possible. It will be going in the bin as soon as I find a replacement.

The Expats
The Expats

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story but you need to concentrate, 4 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Expats (Kindle Edition)
I found this book very entertaining with many satisfying twists to the story from about a third of the way through the book. However I've given it 4 stars rather than 5 because I found it very hard work due to the skipping backwards and forwards in time, as mentioned by other reviewers. The story jumps between the present day in Paris and one year earlier in Luxembourg but obviously as the story progresses, the Luxembourg action gradually gets closer in time to the present day and it can get quite confusing. There are also flashbacks to an earlier time in the States, which are easy to spot. About halfway through the book I had to stop, go back and re-read the beginning of each chapter, to get the story straight. My advice to anyone just starting this book - as you start each chapter, make sure you know where and when it is!

Aquapure Traveller
Aquapure Traveller
Offered by GADGETS4TRAVEL

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, let down by filter life, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: Aquapure Traveller (Sports)
I bought one of these 4 years ago when I did a 10 month trip around the world. Drank tap water throughout Asia and South America with no problems. It was particularly useful when arriving off a flight, perhaps late at night, no need to go searching for bottled water in a strange city/country. However, I didn't get anywhere near the number of advertised litres from each filter. I had taken one spare, which should have been sufficient to last for my trip (and I kept a record of how many litres I purified, so I would know when the filter should be replaced), but within a relatively short period of time it became impossible to get any water through the filter. So after only getting a fraction of expected use out of the first filter I had to move on and use my spare (and arrange to get another spare sent out to me). The same thing happened with the spare, and so it went on. I'm now planning a two week trip to India and have just ordered a Travel Tap (for the price of a replacement filter for the Aqua Pure), so hoping this will be more reliable. Will report back on my return.

George Foreman 14685 Four Portion Family Removable Plates Grill - Black
George Foreman 14685 Four Portion Family Removable Plates Grill - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the removable plates, 24 Oct 2012
Like a number of other reviewers, we bought this grill as a replacement for one of the earlier models with non-removable plates, which was a complete pain to clean. The removable plates are great - very easy to remove and replace (ignore any reviews saying they don't drain - they must have put the plates back on the wrong way round!). It is a bit slower to heat up (5 mins versus 2 mins for the old model) and it does cook at a slightly lower temperature but I see this as a benefit as the old model used to turn meats to charcoal on the outside; the new one gives more even cooking. Only minor gripe is stingy length of cord - can make it difficult to position where you want to.

Watch Over Me
Watch Over Me

2.0 out of 5 stars Pass the sick bucket...., 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
The first couple of chapters of this book were OK but from the point that Eilidh went back to Scotland it got progressively more nauseating. The increasing use of the word "wee" (as highlighted by another reviewer) started to drive me nuts. In particular, the descriptions of angelic wee children in their wee pink ballet outfits with wee pink ribbons in their hair (etc, etc) had me reaching for the sick bucket.

Birkenstock Gizeh Natural Leather, Unisex Thong Sandals
Birkenstock Gizeh Natural Leather, Unisex Thong Sandals
Price: £29.99 - £83.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Baffled by sizing, 5 May 2012
I would love to order a pair of these but I'm put off by the baffling sizing guidelines. I'm a UK size 4, EU size 37 but there are 2 size charts - a Women's chart, where a UK 4 is a EU 37 (length 240mm) and a Unisex chart, where a UK 4 is a EU 35 (225mm)?!?! As if this wasn't confusing enough, there is a 37M and a 37N and I can't find any explanation of the difference. If anyone has successfully ordered the right size, please could they explain how the sizing works?
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2014 7:43 PM GMT

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse Set - UK Layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 12 Feb 2012
I bought this set to use with my laptop when it is on a laptop stand. Very happy with both the keyboard and mouse. Keyboard has a nice feel and can be angled. I think it is supposed to be slightly smaller than a normal keyboard but I can't tell the difference. Mouse has a heavy, quality feel to it. Both worked out of the box with no problems.

Drupal For Absolute Beginners
Drupal For Absolute Beginners

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely short and basic, 6 Dec 2011
I don't know how many pages this book would have in printed form but it took me less than half an hour to read from cover to cover! It covers only the absolute basics. Unfortunately, most of the screenshots are too blurred to read on the Kindle. The grammar, spelling and punctuation are dreadful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2011 1:18 AM GMT

Getting into the Vortex Guided Meditations: Audio and User Guide (Vortex of Attraction)
by Esther and Jerry Hicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 10 Mar 2011
I love these guided meditations. I normally struggle to do my own meditation so I find the music and the breathing guidance really helpful. Also, they are a good length at 15 minutes each. I listen to one of them most evenings. Excellent.

Page: 1 | 2