Profile for wigwam > Reviews

wigwam "wigwam_uk" (UK)

Pale Green Ghosts
Pale Green Ghosts

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dangerously Beautiful Creation, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Pale Green Ghosts (Audio CD)
Excellent follow up album to Queen of Denmark. Whether it surpasses or doesn't quite live up to it's predecessor is most likely down to your tolerance of electronica. For me, a lover of in your face throbbing synths, the opening title track grabbed me unexpectedly. I wasn't quite expecting such a pulsing track and I was hooked immediately. The use of synths is as perfectly employed as the orchestral moments. This is a remarkable album and deserves major recognition.

It's a paradox of an album, a space of bleak emptiness and yet lush and full simultaneously. A dangerously beautiful creation. It's very nice to see Sinead O'Connor's input on several tracks being totally complementary to the album and not a 'guest vocalist' appearance. A sign of true musicianship being able to subdue ego and provide what works best for the track and not want to stamp her mark on it. Its something I love Ms O'Connor for and something she's done quite often from early in her career. Wonder if Miley would be so generous? :)

Creative D200 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with High Quality AptX Audio and Aux-in
Offered by elevenfirst

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 25 Dec. 2011
Great clear sound, bass is better than I needed as I use it in my kitchen to play podcasts off my iPad/iPhone but good enough to make me think of using it elsewhere in he house.

Terrapin ® Anti Glare Screen Protector (6 in 1 pack) for Apple iPad 2 (2011)/ iPad 3 (2012) 9.7 inch screen
Offered by ClickJunkie

4.0 out of 5 stars problematic but not necessarily the products fault, 3 Jun. 2011
I'd read several reviews of a variety of ipad screen protectors. Having decided I didn't want to spend £12 on a single one I opted for this product. I managed to get the screen on with remarkably few bubbles the first time and wondered what all the fuss was about until, as I reached the end of the ipad I could see I would end up half covering the front camera. After removing and starting again I found I could not align the sheet properly whilst trying to keep bubbles to a minimum. I really needed an extra pair of hands! Each time I removed and tried to reapply I got more bubbles but also I attracted small bits of dust/lint etc that each created it's own unmovable bubble. My screen looked like I'd left it out in a rain shower once I'd given up trying to do it for the tenth time. I shall have to remove it and use a new one.

HOWEVER, I don't believe that this is a fault of this product specifically. I've had much more success with my iphone but it's smaller and if fractionally off centre it doesn't cause a problem. With the ipad a fraction converts to a noticeable amount by the time you've reached the end. Unless I hear of a product that successfully eliminates this issue I'm quite happy with the ones I bought- at least i have another 5 to try and get right.

Summoner
Summoner
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars tantalising, teasing and disappointing, 22 July 2001
This review is from: Summoner (Video Game)
The initial environment was great - the first 'level' is really a learning tutorial but sets you immediately in the action for those of us who just want to 'get on with it'. The chain attacks were interesting, if a little frustrating at times. All in all, once I'd mastered the basics i was keen to explore further. However due to crashing, hanging and freezing I was unable to get more than a few minutes into the second level. I returned my copy but the replacement - from the same store but another town's branch - was even worse. I was keen to play this game but the frustration of not being able to get past 2nd level without it crashing on me made me give up and bought Quake instead!!! - now that IS awesome :-)