Profile for STEPHEN LORIMER > Reviews

Manfrotto KLYP iPhone 4/4S Case
Manfrotto KLYP iPhone 4/4S Case
Offered by Great Western Cameras

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea... slightly poor execution, 4 Sept. 2013
Overall a great idea, and probably the best way of mounting an iPhone on a tripod that I have seen. However, the case itself is in two parts which have a habit of coming apart when used as a general iPhone case on a day-to-day basis, which is the reason for only 4 stars. Other wise its a pretty good product which I like

RHA MA450i Noise Isolating In Ear Earphones with Remote and Microphone - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic earphones, 4 Sept. 2013
These are absolutely fantastic earphones and the best I have had at this price point. They even outperform many I have had that were considerably more expensive
Great bass response, no distortion and more than the usual number of different sized earpieces, which make for very comfortable use

Thoroughly recommended

American Gods
American Gods
by Neil Gaiman

5.0 out of 5 stars A really thoughtful read, 9 July 2002
This review is from: American Gods (Paperback)
Neil Gaiman is supremely gifted at taking characters from disparate mythologies and weaving them into beautifully crafted tales. This particular story will not be everybody's cup of tea I know, but do please give it a try, you will enjoy it more than you think you will, but only if you approach it with an open mind. Leave your preconceptions to one side and immerse yourself in a supremely well conceived and written novel.
I can highly recommend "Angels & Visitations" by Mr Gaiman as well. A cracking collection of short stories.
That "Sandman" is a work of pure joy, goes without saying

V for Vendetta
V for Vendetta
by Alan Moore

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tour De Force, 9 July 2002
This review is from: V for Vendetta (Paperback)
Make no mistake, it doesn't come much better than this. The ideas may seem dated now, but I've been reading and re-reading this story for a number of years and it's still as pertinent now as it was when it was first written, perhaps even more so. The bad guy characters still exist in our society and as long as they do, "V for Vendetta" will always be relevent. An essential addition to any serious readers collection, it is heads above many "Serious Novels" in impact.

God's Debris: A Thought Experiment
God's Debris: A Thought Experiment
by Scott Adams

2.0 out of 5 stars Why ?, 21 May 2002
I like Scott Adams, I like the way the Dilbert Books hold a mirror up to the contradictions and downright stupidity of corporate life, but I wonder why Scott has thrown his hat in the philosophical ring with "God's Debris". It's a fun read, it doesn't stretch the intellect and is a nice way to spend a few hours. However, I wonder why it was published. Many writers have short stories and unfinished novels which explore and develop ideas in an attempt to evolve some of them into a finished product. I believe this book should have remained in a "work in progress" file until the ideas had been developed further. It reads like an early draft for a book, not the finished article. Please don't misunderstand me, I think this could have been a really good book with a bit more work and I did enjoy it, but I wonder if it would have been published had Mr Adams not had the successful Dilbert franchise behind him.