Profile for Dave W > Reviews

Content by Dave W

Dave W "Dave W" (London, UK)

Out Among The Stars
Out Among The Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars JC as we know and love him, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Out Among The Stars (Audio CD)
I've been a Johnny Cash fan for over 50 years, so I was excited to hear of this "lost" album. So often albums of songs that have been 'discovered' are disappointing and sub standard. Not this one! The songs are great, the backing instrumentalists are great and Johnny Cash is absolutely 'on the button'. He has rarely sounded better. If you like Johnny Cash, go buy this album. You won't be disappointed. If you're not familiar with Johnny Cash, have a listen. You won't regret it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2014 12:05 PM BST

Going Back Home
Going Back Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Going Back Home (Audio CD)
What can I say? I pre-ordered this album and eagerly awaited its release. I wasn't disappointed. It's fantastic! Buy it!

Frettening Behaviour
Frettening Behaviour

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Frettening Behaviour (Audio CD)
I'm a great Albert Lee fan, so I am sorry to say that this album disappointed me. Albert's playing is amazing (as always!), but I thought several of the numbers were pedestrian; they wouldn't justify inclusion on an album by a lesser artist. Hogan's Heroes are one of the best support bands around, but here they seemed unusually uninspiring.

Broken Dolls (Jefferson Winter Book 1)
Broken Dolls (Jefferson Winter Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing read!, 3 April 2014
The descriptions of the unsub's torture techniques are graphic and very disturbing, I skipped them. Apart from this, it's an intriguing and riveting read.

Gonna Love You Forever
Gonna Love You Forever

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting new band, 27 Nov. 2013
I saw Steve Rich & The Hills at a live gig recently and I was very impressed. For a recently formed band, their performance was tight and polished. Steve writes all the band's material and his self-penned lyrics and melodies are truly evocative. I understand that a CD will be available soon and I'm really looking forward to it. Meanwhile, I bought this track in anticipation of more to come. Take a listen. You won't regret it!

Rio: The Best Of Michael Nesmith
Rio: The Best Of Michael Nesmith

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS-NOW!, 16 May 2010
If you like Michael Nesmith, you'll love this album

If you're unsure whether you like Michael Nesmith, you will when you hear this album.

If you've never heard MIichael Nesmith, buy this album. You're in for a treat!