Profile for Matt > Reviews

Content by Matt

Matt (London, uk)

Panasonic SD900 Full HD 1920x1080p (50p) 3D Ready Camcorder - Black (3MOS sensor, SD Card Recording, Leica Dicomar Lens and Manual Control Ring)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost superb!, 20 May 2011
After alot of research about the best valued consumer high def camcorders on the market today. I went for the panasonic SD900. I wanted to record a relative's wedding in high def. And lets just say the quality of the video blew me away. Without saying the 1080p recordings are beautiful. I was amazed how life like the images where. The colours are so vivid and life like when played back.

I was also very impressed with the antishake on this cam.

The only thing that lets the camcorder down is the slight buzzing sound the internal mic pics up. I think alot of camcorders have this issue. But I purchased a seperate external mic and that solved the issue for me.

I so wanted to give the SD900 a 5 out of 5. But the slight buzzing sound does does put this down to a four and a half!

Highly recomended though. Just purhcase an external mic!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2012 11:44 AM GMT

Panasonic VW-VBN260E-K Rechargeable Battery for SD800 SD900 HS900 TM900
Panasonic VW-VBN260E-K Rechargeable Battery for SD800 SD900 HS900 TM900
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras
Price: 101.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with the SD900, 20 May 2011
I purchased this for the purpose of filming a wedding. The battery that came with the panasonic sd900 only runs for 1 hour 30ish minutes when recording. With this monster you can record for about 3 hours. I highly recomend this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2011 11:46 AM BST

Panasonic VW-VMS2E Stereo Microphone
Panasonic VW-VMS2E Stereo Microphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then an internal camcorder mic, 20 May 2011
It's a well known fact that alot of camcorders produce some slight hissing sound. I used this with a panasonic SD900 high def camcorder. And it produces great sound. I highly recomend this product. You wont be disapointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2012 10:27 AM GMT

Transcend 64GB Premium SDXC Class 10 Memory Card
Transcend 64GB Premium SDXC Class 10 Memory Card
Offered by Base
Price: 14.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for high def camcorders, 20 May 2011
This SDXC memory card is great for high def camcorders. I purchased this to film a wedding. And it didn't let me down. Plenty of space to record on it. I highly recomend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2011 7:17 PM BST

Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD)
Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 9.68

4.0 out of 5 stars A good game, just not a superb one! But still worth buying., 20 Mar 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dragon Age 2 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Im quite shocked at all the negative reviews. But to be honest Dragon age was a superb game, so how can you top that. The answer is you just cant. But dragon age 2 is still a good game, if your a bioware fan. Im sure you will love it.

I haven't completed the game yet. But so far im rather enjoying it.

The good bits so far:

- Better graphics. Some people have been critising the look of the dark spawn. Which is a bit too picky!
- faster game play. I like this feel. Some will say it feels like a console/action game. But I think this makes you think about what your going to do next.
- It still feels like a dragon age game(pause the game and use tactics within your party)
- The game as always has a good story (so far)
- I like the story telling where you see the dwarf(varic) and then you play back what really happened.
- Good charcters, new ones and a few old ones from dragon age.

The bad bits:

- Im not really keen on the star rating of items in your inventry. For me that is a bit too much a console thing!
- Quite alot of items are for hawk only and you can give them to other members of your party. Thats a real shame I think!

The games not perfect. But I still love it. It gets my recomendation.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2011 9:54 AM GMT

Tuff-Luv Leather Case Cover for Sony Walkman S Series (NWZ-S630/NWZ-S730)- Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A good quality case, 5 Feb 2009
I highly recomend this case for the Sony NWZ-S639F walkman.

First off it fits perfectly. Its also well made and it has a nice leather texture feel. The other reviewer mentioned the only niggly bit which is the volume and hold button. You do have to use your nails. But its not really a huge problem. If you have big fingers then you may have trouble!

I think this only gets 4 stars becauase it doesn't have a screen protector. I think this would of made it five stars out of five.

Highly recomended

Sony Walkman NWZ-S639FB 16GB Drag & Drop MP4 Video Player with FM Tuner - Black
Sony Walkman NWZ-S639FB 16GB Drag & Drop MP4 Video Player with FM Tuner - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I believe this is an ipod nano beater!, 26 Jan 2009
Well after being left frusted and disapointed with the ipod nano 4g 16gb mp3 player or should i say the software! I came across this little beauty! After going through some of the reviews on amazon I decided to take the plunge. And im so glad i purchased it. This is the best mp3 player I have had. Period!

The only con is the screen could of been a bit bigger. But as i only really want it for listening to music. It's not really a concern for me. If you want to watch videos on it, which you can do i recomend you look at another product. The abitlity to watch videos is a nice feature but its not the players main selling points.

The pro's - the sound quality is rather good!, you get 16gb of memory which is more then enough for most people. You can listen to the radio and watch videos. What i really love about this player is, that it syncs no problem with windows media player 11(my prefered music player). I do recomend you update the firmware on the player.

I prefer the controls to the ipod. It's set in the old walkman style layout but its been slightly updated!

Overal this is a real gem! I believe this is an ipod beater! Cant recomend it enough