Profile for B > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Koziol Hot Stuff Storage Container Solid Black with Measuring Spoon, White
Koziol Hot Stuff Storage Container Solid Black with Measuring Spoon, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware: Measurement WAY OUT!, 29 May 2013
I bought this on Ebay and it was as described but the label is VERY generous with its measurements and this amazon advert measurements are even more optimistic! The height includes a big lid and the feet of the fancy spoon!!!!

Without the lid, the measurements are as follow:
- It is ONLY 15.5cm high, which is a long way from the 20cm from the label and the 21cm on this ad!
- It is 15.5cm long (measured on the base) rising to 16.5 long (measured from the top), which is still quite a difference from the 17cm on the label and the 18cm on the ad.
- It is 7.5cm deep (measured on hte base) rising to 8cm deep (measured from the top), which also differs from the 8.5cm on the label and 9cm on the ad.

Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice product but I was expecting it to be at least another 25% bigger so quite a bit dissapointed.

Braun CCR3 Clean & Renew Refill Cartridges - Pack of 3
Braun CCR3 Clean & Renew Refill Cartridges - Pack of 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 9 April 2013
Good three pack refill at a good price but still a lot of money for what it is so only getting 4 stars! :)

MOBILE BITS FREE DELIVERY NOKIA 6300 DIAMOND PATTERN SILICON GEL SKIN COVER/CASE CLEAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection, 9 April 2013
This was the perfect stocking filler for my other half who kept dropping his phone! Good price and good product as he dropped his phone whith the protective sleeve and it did the job!

Gibsons Games Shut the Box
Gibsons Games Shut the Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Gibsons Games Shut the Box (Toy)
This is an Educational classic for all ages at a good price and with not a computer in sight.... what more is there to be said? :)

Shut the Box
Shut the Box
Offered by Otherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game!, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Shut the Box (Toy)

Ipac 14 cm Casserole
Ipac 14 cm Casserole

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to complete my set!, 9 April 2013
I was looking for a little casserole dish to do little portions of vegetables. I bought the Tescoma Tulip 14 cm 1.0 Litre Casserole as it was the cheapest at the time and I regretted it after the first use as it was too hot to handle the lid and there was no glass so you could not check your cooking.

I then decided to go for my second choice which was this casserole: combined with the Judge vista 14 cm glass lid which I bought separately it is perfect and even looks good with my current pan set.

I would definately recommend this little casserole. I wish they sold it with a glass lid but judge vista came to the rescue!

the moral of my story: Do not always go for the cheapest option as it may cost you more to get the right product in the end! :)

Note: just downgraded it to 4 star as it would have been 5 stars with a glass lid.

Philips HP6578 Satin Perfect Deluxe Rechargeable Epilator Set
Philips HP6578 Satin Perfect Deluxe Rechargeable Epilator Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, 5 April 2013
I am so impressed with my new set! It is so painless I hardly feel it and the extra twisers were a nice little present. I was also quite lucky as I bought it while on special offer for £80.00. It is the perfect set for experienced epilatory users. If I had to say anything negative it would be the noise: yes, it does sound like a lawn mower! :)

I read the feedbacks before choosing my new epilator (my old one no longer held its charge) and I chose this one as I understood that the good feedback was from regular users and the bad feedback was from new users. I hope I can offer some advice to new users.

if you have been shaving for years then you must understand that your hair has becomed strong and thick. I believe this will be the main reason why you are in a lot more pain than others and why it leaves your legs quite red and sore.

If you want to move to epilatory instead of shaving I think that you stop shaving altogether as I believe they counteract each other: Try to get your legs waxed first for several months as you need to weaken the hairs (not sure if depilatory cream weakens hairs or not but it may be worth a try as well as it is painless). As your hairs get thinner with time then it will hurt less. Then you may want to try the epilatory way.

You must also let your body get used to the pain as you cannot kid yourself: it is pulling hairs from your skin! It was hurting a bit when I started but it doesn't anymore. I found that the first couple of seconds are the worst and then your body knows what's coming and it's fine. Watch out for in-grown hairs but just a little exfoliating now and again should do the trick.

Final point: some people get on with epilatory systems and some don't. If you are not sure, check with waxing strips first to see how you cope with the pain. Maybe it's just not for you.

I hope this info will be of assistance.

HP 300XL - Print cartridge - 1 x black - 600 pages
HP 300XL - Print cartridge - 1 x black - 600 pages

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 5 April 2013
It's the genuine item so it does the job perfectly. The only reason it is getting 4 stars instead of 5 is due to the price. They do special prices which is greatly appreciated but it is still very costly to keep you printer going!

Intelex Cozy Plush Microwavable Warmer Monkey
Intelex Cozy Plush Microwavable Warmer Monkey
Offered by EasihomeCookshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for boys! (but also for girls....), 5 April 2013
Great Christmas stocking filler, ideal for little hands.
This one was for a little boy so I was happy to find an animal more 'boy like'.

Intelex Cozy Plush Microwaveable Warmer -  Cow
Intelex Cozy Plush Microwaveable Warmer - Cow
Offered by Acorn Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute!, 5 April 2013
Great Christmas stocking filler, ideal for little hands.
Also impressed with the range as I needed three different ones for my cousin's triplettes!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3