Profile for peterD > Reviews

Content by peterD

peterD "pete" (Canterbury, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
iRobot 82204 Roomba Remote for 500, 600 and 700 Series
iRobot 82204 Roomba Remote for 500, 600 and 700 Series
Offered by sotel-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a dog lead, 13 Nov. 2015
some how I feel more in control!

My Kitchen Table: 100 Recipes for Entertaining
My Kitchen Table: 100 Recipes for Entertaining
by Raymond Blanc

4.0 out of 5 stars What is there not to like?, 13 Nov. 2015
A chef at the top.
I revere him, but as the recipes are represented there are some better.
In saying that I feel i have just sat on my daughter's pet rabbit!
I refer to it frequently and it is on the most used section of my bookcase, next to Escoffier - so the boy's done good!

Hide Gauntlet Gloves - Large
Hide Gauntlet Gloves - Large
Offered by Dealsdirect247

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of gloves, the nettles hate them!, 13 Nov. 2015
Brilliant.
I was a bit worried reading the review that they may be too small for me, but they were fine and well made.

Roberts Classic996 3 Band LW/MW/FM Portable Radio - White
Roberts Classic996 3 Band LW/MW/FM Portable Radio - White

4.0 out of 5 stars However the replacement is excellent in every way, 13 Nov. 2015
I have marked this one star down because the first I bought was D.O.A..
However the replacement is excellent in every way. Battery usage is brilliant, I had already pencilled in a mains adapter but found it totally unnecessary.
I can not understand why with such a brilliant product their Q.C. is not better, they must lose customers who just go straight for a refund.
If you perceiver and got a working one it is well worth it, and at a ridiculously low price.

Suma Cranberries 2.5 kg
Suma Cranberries 2.5 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars For those that like fruit, 13 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Suma Cranberries 2.5 kg (Grocery)
These are excellent. Not to sweet with a soft texture. I have a dislike of the dried fruit you buy that is either hard or has a sugar coating - which a surprising number of 'health' shops sell. This is great, probably behind fresh or frozen but still great.

Andrew James Red Electric BBQ Grill With Built In Thermometer Gauge Ideal For Outdoor And Indoor Use All Year Round
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James should give me commission for the number of people that have bought it following my barbecues!, 18 Aug. 2015
It is a dream, yes it is just like cooking on a griddle so not strictly on the BBQ code, but it is reliable and easy to clean.
Those who want a more smoky flavour can precook with a cold smoker.

The Almost Totally Complete I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
The Almost Totally Complete I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
by Tim Brooke-Taylor

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, a lot of photos., 23 July 2015
This is a very well produced album. For me there were rather too many pages of photos I would have preferred more text.
However I could well understand others awarding an extra star.

Pack of 2 - White Metal Shade Reducing Ring
Pack of 2 - White Metal Shade Reducing Ring
Offered by A9 Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value., 23 July 2015
These are made with thin metal that does give it a rather sharp edge. However it worked perfectly in bringing an old lamp and lampshade back into use.
At the price it would be churlish not to give it anything but 5 stars!

Dried Cranberries 1kg
Dried Cranberries 1kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, not too sweet, 23 July 2015
This review is from: Dried Cranberries 1kg (Misc.)
I found like other reviewers that this does not have the same sugar coating found on smilar products. Nor has it been over dried.

Breville Soup Maker - 600 Watt
Breville Soup Maker - 600 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Champagne quality at a beer price!, 23 July 2015
This is by far the best soup maker I have purchased. Unlike the others it is easy to clean, is of solid construction, is versatile, and does not have the range of alarms that stop the unit working seemingly at random! It feels like a professional item, and at the price a bargain.
I can only understand one criticism that has been levelled against it, it is not a single button press and walk away you do have to press the mix button during the process. For me this is a good thing, as I can adjust the amount depending on the consistency I require. But others have their own point of view.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5