Profile for NRez > Reviews

NRez "SQG" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
I Haven't Lived At All
I Haven't Lived At All

4.0 out of 5 stars A heartfelt and evocative collection of writing, 2 April 2015
Sweet, sincere and appealingly raw, this is a gutsy exploration of human emotions and experiences to which most readers will be able to relate. I look forward to reading more from Ms Knightley and observing the ongoing evolution of her poetic voice.

We (Momentum Classic Science Fiction)
We (Momentum Classic Science Fiction)

5.0 out of 5 stars Important Book, 7 April 2014
Powerful dystopian fiction, told in a beautiful and unique voice.

Moving, sparsely lyrical, awkwardly lovely.

Obvious links between this novel and such works as '1984', 'Fahrenheit-451' and 'Brave New World'.

Padgram - Instagram Client for Kindle
Padgram - Instagram Client for Kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Stable, user-friendly viewer, 18 Mar. 2014
Intuitive and nicely laid out, it's a handy app for keeping up with your Instagram feed. Extra features include the option to download photos to your Kindle gallery and a photo-collage generator.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Whatever helps, right?, 30 Jan. 2014
I bought just the one pack of 'Chong' when I decided to quit tobacco after 14 years (about half my life) as a regular smoker. I guess anything that makes giving up smoking a little easier is a good thing, but don't expect a like-for-like tobacco replacement.

The taste is... different. Imagine inhaling burning horse feed. That being said, I've smoked cheap, crappy import tobacco in the past, which has probably tasted worse, but this stuff must take some serious getting used to. That being said, I guess the smoke does feel lighter and cleaner than tobacco, although that might just be auto-suggestion at work.

If you can get past the strange smell and flavour, I would warn that you'll need to look out for sharp/lumpy bits in the mix, as I found that there were a lot of twigs and the like which you need to remove before rolling, as they will otherwise tear holes through your cigarette papers.

I didn't buy another pack when I ran out. Instead, I switched solely to electronic cigarettes for a few months and then quit these too. This might work as a tobacco surrogate for some; for me, it only really helped in that it made me realise that smoking nothing seemed a preferable alternative to smoking 'Chong'.

Gun Machine
Gun Machine
by Warren Ellis

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I'd expected, but a good read nonetheless, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Gun Machine (Paperback)
I'd been half-expecting another 'Crooked Little Vein' when I bought this, so I was surprised to find myself reading a more or less conventional (although solidly crafted and well-executed) crime thriller. I'm not usually a fan of the genre, but Ellis's style and storytelling skills won me over, and - although I didn't devour this novel as voraciously as I did 'CLV' - I was still very glad I read it. While it lacks the shocking and absurdist elements that flavoured a lot of Ellis' other writing, there's no arguing that it nonetheless tells a compelling story with aplomb and originality.

ComiCat (Comic Reader/Viewer)
ComiCat (Comic Reader/Viewer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for Kindle-owning comic lovers, 30 Jan. 2014
I love this app. Great library set-up for easy browsing. Once you're done reading a comic, it gives you the option of either marking the comic as read or deleting it from your Kindle to make room for new stuff.

Reading comics feels very natural with this interface. I'd been concerned th

Sagemcom D210 Twin DECT Cordless Telephone - Black
Sagemcom D210 Twin DECT Cordless Telephone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and set up, 30 Jan. 2014
Nothing revolutionary, but these 'phones are functional and user-friendly. Not really explored the features that much, as I just wanted a couple of basic cordless handsets to receive and make calls.

They look okay - quite small and unobtrusive - and they feel fairly sturdy, with a decent weight to them. So far, battery life has been quite impressive, and the sound quality on calls is more than adequate.

Fortunately, the Milk . . .
Fortunately, the Milk . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, sweet and engaging - a great read for young and old alike, 30 Jan. 2014
Although nominally a kid's book, this is first and foremost a Neil Gaiman book, a beast that defies genre classification and all the usual demographics. It might not be Neil's most advanced or ambitious piece of work, but it's infused with that same sense of imagination, adventure and wonderment that you expect from his stuff, whether it's pitched at older or younger audiences. The story is fun, entertaining and pleasantly off-beat, and there's something undeniably (albeit unconventionally) cute about it. The illustrations are a nice addition, and the video inserts are a very cool touch, allowing you to sit back and enjoy the author's readings from various sections of text.

Mens Crosshatch Jacket Funnel Neck Knitted Double Zip Up Jumper Sweater Top
Mens Crosshatch Jacket Funnel Neck Knitted Double Zip Up Jumper Sweater Top

5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm, versatile and really quite smart, 30 Jan. 2014
Bought as a gift for my partner, who needed some warm winter clothes. He was bored of the hoodies he usually wears, but - as a pretty big guy (6'3" and a body-builder), he struggles to find jumpers and sweaters that fit him right and look good on his frame; most clothes these days seem to be designed with much smaller men in mind!

Turns out, this jacket was pretty much perfect. It's warm enough to wear it outdoors, with a lovely quilted lining that really keeps the heat in, and a double-layer of zips, which help to protect against the wind. You can also fit a jacket or coat over the top, if you need the extra insulation. On the other hand, it's fairly light and flexible, so it doubles up as an indoor jacket on days when you're feeling the cold. The fabric feels really nice, and it looks like it should wear well; no sign of bobbling yet, touch wood.

Looks nice and smart over jeans. Dressier than a hoodie, but still pretty casual.

Pacific Rim Men's Victory Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, X-Large
Pacific Rim Men's Victory Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive design and good quality, 30 Jan. 2014
Bought this as a gift for my partner (who - quite rightly - thought the movie rocked).

The design on the front is very cool; essentially it's a propaganda poster (from the 'Pacific Rim' universe), pro-Jaeger/anti-Kaiju, with simple but eye-catching visuals. My partner loves it, and it always draws comments and envious looks from friends.

It's been worn quite a lot already and has been through the wash a few times, but it hasn't faded, stretched, cracked or flaked. I'm hoping it will continue to fare so well, as it's in for a lot more wear!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3