Profile for Squelsh > Reviews

The Blade Itself: Book One Of The First Law (Gollancz S.F.): 1
The Blade Itself: Book One Of The First Law (Gollancz S.F.): 1
by Joe Abercrombie BA

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing characters, 6 Nov 2009
AHH I loved this book so much! I ended up absolutely falling for the characters...Logen is my favourite. I'm sick of reading fantasy novels about glory and honour and you certainly don't get any of that in this book. It's dark and gritty and some violent parts made me gasp (audibly...on the train..which I loved). It has changed my perspective on fantasy novels and now, when I'm picking a new book, I find myself rejecting any that do not seem character-centric. One of my favourite books. READ IT!! Even if it starts slowly, keep going. You won't regret it.

Last Argument Of Kings: The First Law: Book Three: Book Three of the First Law (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Joe Abercrombie BA

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing characters, 6 Nov 2009
AHH I loved this book so much! I ended up absolutely falling for the characters...Logen's my favourite and I love how human they are. I'm sick of reading fantasy novels about glory and honour and you certainly don't get any of that in this book. It's dark and gritty and some violent parts made me wince (I always sort of love those parts). One of my favourite books.