Profile for P. Potter > Reviews

Content by P. Potter

P. Potter
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM04.320.S Rapid Long Bean-to-Cup Coffee Machine
De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM04.320.S Rapid Long Bean-to-Cup Coffee Machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but good, 17 April 2014
This is definitely an expensive purchase, but is one of my favourite gadgets and gets a lot of use. Put the beans in one side, water in the other and press go. The unit warms up extremely quickly and from a cold start with the machine unplugged, I can easily start the machine and make a bean to cup coffee in the time it takes to boil a kettle and make a cup of tea for the girlfriend. Cleaning is also straightforward, with the left over grounds neatly packaged automatically as discs and dumped into a collection container.

Definitely recommended.

Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: 11.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 17 April 2014
Tested with a Windows 7 Pro desktop PC, the drivers didn't load automatically when the adapter was first plugged in as I hoped they would, however the supplied CD installed drivers quickly and easily. The adapter has been used extensively since then and works very reliably. Definitely recommended.

Sage Instant Accounts 2014 with Support (PC)
Sage Instant Accounts 2014 with Support (PC)
Price: 176.09

5.0 out of 5 stars The package to have, 3 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is pretty much the industry standard in accounting software. As someone with almost no knowledge of accounting I can't give a detailed review as yet, but what I will say to prospective purchasers is have a look online for training courses, as they can be found at bargain prices. I have just signed up for one (specifically for Sage software) and it looks comprehensive enough to make me a competent user in a few weeks from now.

Elle Macpherson The Body Illuminated Beauty Mirror
Elle Macpherson The Body Illuminated Beauty Mirror
Price: 45.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good quality product with a very solid feel to it. Branded Elle Macpherson but manufactured by Homedics. The magnifying side of the mirror is particularly good, although for those who wear glasses, the focal point may be a little close to the mirror, but very usable nevertheless. Great for putting contact lenses in! Overall, a very good product.

Intimate Deception
Intimate Deception
by Laura Landon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Intimate Deception (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found this a little too heavy for a lighthearted romance. Not really sure what genre to put it in as I don't usually read this sort of book as a rule.

The storyline was intriguing enough and the characters believable. It is a quick book to read as most of the story is made up of dialogue which moves the story along more like a play.

This is definitely aimed at the hard core romantic, those that live among us that can easily swallow such a high level of sentimentality and cliche oneliners. Unfortunately this wasn't me.

It doesn't disappoint if this is your cup of tea unfortunately in this case I'm a coffee drinker

To Seduce an Earl (The Seduction Series)
To Seduce an Earl (The Seduction Series)
by Lori Brighton

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy reader, 16 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I would happily have this in my travel bag to take on holiday. An easy reading book, set in the past but with a modern use of language that enables the reader to connect and understand the feelings of the characters.

It certainly isn't a serious historical novel but offers a light hearted fast paced read that is fun but sentimental in places.

I liked this book, it was an intriguing insight into a unknown world. You don't have to take it seriously, it doesn't even matter if it's not historically accurate. You get swept away in sexual intrigue and family secrets. A bit like a Soap opera set in crinolin.

Highland Surrender
Highland Surrender
by Tracy Brogan

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy holiday read, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Highland Surrender (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An easy reading holiday book, un-complicated story line with enough historical details to fuel the imagination without becoming too heavy.

Set in the past but with a modern use of language that doesn't alienate the reader. You learn about the characters through their language and conversation and not through long descriptive dialogues.

It makes for a fast paced story line that builds with sexual tension to a satisfying but predicatable ending. In my opinion this is why it is a good read as it doesn't let you down, when you just want to read a feel good book that doesn't tax the brain this is a good choice

SharePoint 2013 Branding and User Interface Design
SharePoint 2013 Branding and User Interface Design
by Randy Drisgill
Price: 23.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably for the more advanced user, 13 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a beginner to SharePoint and its set up I found this book too technically advanced. For the elements I did understand it was concisely written. It's a book that I will keep and hopefully make better use of in time. I'm sure more advanced users would enjoy reading it.

Braun Satin Hair 7 ST710 Iontec Straightener
Braun Satin Hair 7 ST710 Iontec Straightener
Price: 39.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good to use, 13 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a GHD fan I was reluctant to try a different make but after the advice of my hairdresser I got a set of straighteners that were temperature controlled. I was pleasantly surprised, even on the lowest (pre set temperature) the results were excellent. The straighteners are super light and very easy to use. They heated up extremely quickly to 160 when first turned on and increases in increments of 5 up to 200 really quickly too. The satin ions offers a lot and I'm not too sure of the science but my hair did indeed feel less dried out than with the GHDs. I would recommend these as they are, lightweight, quick to heat up and very effective.

BenQ GW2760 27 inch Widescreen LED Multimedia Monitor - Glossy Black (1920x1080, 4ms, DVI-D, VGA, Flicker Free Backlight for Visual Pleasure)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb monitor, 9 Nov 2013
I bought this monitor for two reasons - firstly I had used several different BenQ monitors in my workplace and they had all been brilliant, and secondly because I was fed up with squinting at text on my 21" monitor. I was a bit worried that a 27" monitor might be a bit too big for my desk, but it has fitted in well and is a joy to use. Definitely recommended and I wish I had bought one a long time ago.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2014 6:24 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6