Profile for Ben Cobbold > Reviews

House of Marbles Tub of 50 Marbles
House of Marbles Tub of 50 Marbles
Offered by Oxford Toy Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 14 Mar. 2014
Really good values, my sons both love playing with them, who thought marbles could transcend the generations. They also come with a dice and carry bag.

This Water Fresh Raspberry and Apple Juice 420 ml
This Water Fresh Raspberry and Apple Juice 420 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars cant go wrong, 14 Mar. 2014
Well, they work, they last, they are good to write with, they are a good solid visible green unlike others.

SoleLeaf's Reynolds 50 Pack Red Ink Biro Pens - Tungsten Carbride Ball
SoleLeaf's Reynolds 50 Pack Red Ink Biro Pens - Tungsten Carbride Ball

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, 14 Mar. 2014
The pens are a little hit and miss, certainly no substitute for am old reliable BIC. Patchy ink and my students get annoyed by them.

Sherlock - Series 1-2 [Blu-ray]  [Region Free]
Sherlock - Series 1-2 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 14 Mar. 2014
Simply the best television I have seen. Funny, clever, captivating and emotional. What more can you ask for? Perhaps more?

An Ethic of Excellence: Building a Culture of Craftsmanship with Students
An Ethic of Excellence: Building a Culture of Craftsmanship with Students
by Berger

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational and refreshing, 14 Mar. 2014
This book kept me up until 1am on a school night, and when I woke up I was so reinvigorated by the ideas and honesty in the book that I felt like I had slept for my 8 healthy hours!

Ron Berger is a teacher, and is talking about 1st hand experience and a lifetime of commitment to the ideas, which have been tried tested and shown to work in the best way.

For all those who have a hangover from reading about lovely theories on education with no practical purpose, this is the Alka-Seltzer.

I have shared this with colleagues, changed the way I talk to classes, changed the curriculum models for our assessment procedures and taken whole year groups out of the normal timetable to work through some of these ideas.

I plan on re-reading it soon!