Profile for Phil Kennedy > Reviews

Flight 666: The Original Soundtrack
Flight 666: The Original Soundtrack
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Scream for me ............, 22 July 2009
Having seen the film on the big screen, this CD Soundtrack was a no-brainer. The jist of the tour (& rockumentary) is that Maiden have been delivering classic British Heavy Metal for 20+ years and now have a whole generation of worldwide fans who were born after many of their songs were written. On top of that, previous tours have been limited by the ability to get stage sets there by road and sea...... the band has a lead singer who just happens to be a fully qualified pilot so it's simple ... take over your own 747, rip out half the seats and take your entire road crew and kit by air to where ever you fancy!

I have to be honest and say I'd not been into Maiden in a big way before this, liked the singles but that was it, yet the movie gave me a real sense of what they were all about. Now I've bought this album, I have been treated to live versions of classics like Hallowed be thy name, Powerslave, Moonchild and Rime of the ancient mariner (to name but a few) on top of the classics like Run to the hills and Can I play with madness.

101% recommended for anyone who loves metal/rock and wants to appreciate one of the best, at their best

.....thing is, would you ever get on a plane that was actually called in the airport as Flight Number 666????? Play this and experience the ride.