Profile for Mr. Sp Gedney > Reviews

Content by Mr. Sp Gedney

Mr. Sp Gedney "Simon The Sorcerer" (Greater London)

Page: 1 | 2
Making Comics: Storytelling Secrets of Comics, Manga and Graphic Novels
Making Comics: Storytelling Secrets of Comics, Manga and Graphic Novels
by Scott McCloud
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 23 July 2012
Fantastic book. Broken into easy to digest sections. Every page is well thought out. If you want to make a graphic novel, you really should take a look at this.

King, Warrior, Magician, Lover : Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine
by Robert Moore
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 21 Jun 2012
An excellently structured book. I am learning some deep truths about myself. Perhaps it wont all sink in on the first reading, but the structural concepts are very approachable and give the reader a strong map with which to learn and relearn some very important ideas about male identity and development. Highly recommended.

Anatomy Of The Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
Anatomy Of The Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
by Caroline Myss PhD
Price: 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 17 April 2012
For anyone interested in chakras and healing, this is a very interesting book. It may well change your view on life for the better and that is always a good thing.

The Power Of Intention: Change The Way You Look At Things And The Things You Look At Will Change: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way
by Dr. Wayne Dyer
Price: 10.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality concepts, 7 Oct 2011
This is a powerful book, written in an inviting manner. It is a boost to the mind and soul. If you want to feel good, then read this book.

Rosetta Stone, Japanese, Version 4 TOTALe: Level 1, 2 & 3 (Mac/PC)[OLD VERSION]
Rosetta Stone, Japanese, Version 4 TOTALe: Level 1, 2 & 3 (Mac/PC)[OLD VERSION]

4.0 out of 5 stars Got me learning and having fun too, 3 Sep 2011
Well, it's an interesting program that is for sure. Initially a little frustrating as it doesn't tell you the English version of what you're learning, however, a little revisiting of lessons and slowly the ideas of how the language works seems to make sense. All this means you're massively exposed and re-exposed to the language, so even if you don't think you're learning, you are. I find Japanese sentences running through my brain when I'm going to sleep and by the next lesson I'm so familiar with these phrases that I can't help but remember parts of them. It is also addictive. I actually enjoy this software and I have never really enjoyed learning languages in the past. I don't think this is the be all and end all, but as an introduction to implant a lot of japanese into your head it is definitely working. In the future I will have to top up with more conventional methods, but I imagine that that process will be much more pleasant and fast than those dry lessons in school as I already have so many semi-understood phrases jumping around my head. In terms of listening I can recognize a hell of a lot of sentences after a fairly short time using this, this makes the future prospect of going to Japan much more exciting as I will be picking up on conversation fragments all over the place.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2012 11:12 PM BST

Enter the Void [DVD]
Enter the Void [DVD]
Dvd ~ Natheniel Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Highly unusual film, 18 Jun 2011
This review is from: Enter the Void [DVD] (DVD)
There are some great moments in this film and some interesting ideas, but I think the narrative has taken a bit of a vacation. It is nice to watch something unusual once in a while, but, to be honest it really did drag after a while.

Game of Death (Single Disc) [DVD]
Game of Death (Single Disc) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bruce Lee
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 7.33

3.0 out of 5 stars bruce/not bruce, 20 Aug 2010
this is half a bruce lee film, the rest includes an impostor pretending to be bruce.

The Limits of Control [DVD] [2009]
The Limits of Control [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Jean-Francois Stevenin

3.0 out of 5 stars hmm, 20 Aug 2010
I don't know what I was expecting but for me this film didn't quite deliver it. However, it is one of those films that kind of sucks you into its world.

How To Develop Your 7th Sense
How To Develop Your 7th Sense
by Heidi Sawyer
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Can You Visualize?, 29 Aug 2009
Firstly I am not slating this product and have found some of the tracks quite good. But I hope you can visualize because you will need to on many tracks. OK, so I am a man and I'm not particularly good at visualizing or simply going with the flow of suggestion. I like to understand and feel the mechanics of what is happening. I have been put off some of the tracks on the cds simply because they are so visualization heavy. If you have a more body-awareness type of mind then I suggest finding someone whose techniques are less like "now imagine you are in a field..." because you will, like me, find it frustrating. Robert Bruce has some stuff I like, energy training with the body, check it out, although be warned if you think astral projection is easy, it isn't.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2009 10:11 AM BST

Cosmic Ordering: Rapid Chakra Clearing
Cosmic Ordering: Rapid Chakra Clearing
by Stephen Richards
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 16 July 2009
I have to be in the right mood for this, or in a really desperately bad mood. But it works, try it. Very simple really. I wouldn't recommend if you've never done any sort of easy meditation experiences before as it requires a bit of concentration to get the full effect.

Page: 1 | 2