Profile for C. TYSON > Reviews

Content by C. TYSON

C. TYSON (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ecozone Biobulb, Energy-Saving Daylight Bulb, Bayonet Cap B22, 25W Equivalent to 100w, 1750 Lumens, Full Spectrum, Daylight White 6500k, Uses 75% Less Energy. Ideal for suffers of S.A.D

5.0 out of 5 stars Ecozone Biobulb, 24 Nov. 2011
I've used this as my main bedroom light for the past 18months and have to say when I first put it in it was quite strange to realise just how much of a yellow hue a regular light bulb gives off. This bulb really does look like day light and when you're in the middle of a miserable winter it definitely helps put a smile on my face! Everything is so much easier to see and also very handy when trying to put on make up on a dark morning. I recommend it to everyone.

Leifheit Aromafresh Storage Container Air and Water Tight Plastic Transparent White 750 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Leifheit Aromafresh storage container, 24 Nov. 2011
This is a great little container that is now used to keep my coffee beans fresh in the fridge. It has a simple handle that's easy to lift and open.

My only gripe is that it is quite difficult to dry after washing as the lid seems to have 2 sort of 'interlocking' sections which water can get into. I'd recommend leaving it to air dry for a good amount of time to let the lid dry properly before using again.

Paper tea filters with wooden sticks (pack of 40)
Paper tea filters with wooden sticks (pack of 40)
Offered by Leaf

3.0 out of 5 stars tea filters, 24 Nov. 2011
These are a bit of a faff if you're only making tea for one and seem quite wasteful with the addition of the wooden stick. I now keep them only to use for when guests come over as they do look quite cute. For tea made more often for one I just stick with a little metal mesh thing that sits inside any cup as I find this the easiest and most cost effective way to drink loose tea.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars John Masters Organics Sea Mist Salt Spray, 24 Nov. 2011
I used this a couple of times when I first bought it but couldn't really see any difference in my hair. It's also a bit sticky. Has now been sitting collecting dust with all my other useless hair products that I've wasted money on since then. Also considering it's only made using 3 simple ingredients I'd suggest making your own and see if you like that first.

Klean Kanteen, 18oz with Loop Cap Stainless
Klean Kanteen, 18oz with Loop Cap Stainless

5.0 out of 5 stars Klean Kanteen 18oz, 24 Nov. 2011
I first bought this when I was working in an office that had a water filter but only those tiny plastic cups that sit on the side to drink from. I was also finding myself not drinking enough water during the day because I didn't like the thought of having to buy plastic bottles of water. I now carry this with me everywhere and I feel so much better for it. I also own the Klean Kanteen Reflect so have taken the stainless steel cap from that when I'm not using it to use on this one. Not really sure why they still make a plastic lid for some of their models??

I've just managed to find the sling holder so am now using that for when I go out for long country walks or on holiday etc, times when I want to carry water but don't want to have to take a bag also. All in all it's a great bottle, it feels solid and sturdy and doesn't get bashed around in my bag.

The Life You Were Born to Live: Finding Your Life Purpose
The Life You Were Born to Live: Finding Your Life Purpose
by Dan Millman

5.0 out of 5 stars The Life You Were Born To Live, 24 Nov. 2011
I first read this book after a close friend gave it to me at a particularly difficult time in my life and it's had prime place on my bookshelf since I purchased my own copy about 2 years ago. It's a book that I come back to quite often because no matter how many times I read my number I am always seeing something new in it that makes so much sense at that time in my life.

The accuracy in specific detail is quite remarkable and I've even had consultations with a vedic astrologer who has told me the exact same things that are in the book, and also the specific health issues from my ayurvedic doctor.

It's definitely true when he says some parts may not sound like you at the time if you haven't reached that point in your life yet, or perhaps you aren't meant to read it yet. I've had a few friends read their number and think it didn't sound correct at all but then after a year or so read it again and have it all completely make sense to them. So I would say it's not really a book you should push on people if they aren't ready for it.

It has really helped reassure me that difficult periods of my life are there for a reason so I'm a lot stronger for it. It's also been helpful in dealing with relationships between friends, family and partners to understand them better and the certain obstacles they face in their own life and why they do the things they do!

Think it's about time I find a hardcopy of this as mine is pretty battered now!

10 Stackable Ladies Clear Shoe Storage Boxes
10 Stackable Ladies Clear Shoe Storage Boxes
Offered by Brand of TallerHeels

4.0 out of 5 stars Shoe Boxes, 11 Oct. 2011
Great shoe boxes and just wanted I needed. So happy my shoes are finally organised! I do warn though if you wear a size 40 or above like I do you might want to get a bigger box size. I have squeezed a lot of my shoes in which is not ideal but doesn't bother me too much either. Flats will fit fine but a wider running shoe for example probably wouldn't fit.

I was a bit concerned about the boxes being hard to see through after reading some reviews but now I realise that the plastic is 100% clear it's just that when the side flaps overlap to form the closure it makes it a little bit more opaque. It doesn't hinder it enough to bother me however and I don't really know how else you could remedy that.

Emu Women's Angels Lo Pull On Boots
Emu Women's Angels Lo Pull On Boots

4.0 out of 5 stars Emu Angels Lo, 11 Oct. 2011
I really wanted to love these, I really really did. I was adamant about buying from an Australian company so when I first received these and my heel was slipping a great deal I still hesitated for about 2 weeks before I sent them back, trying to hopelessly convince myself that they'd be fine. I don't know whether it's a badly fit boot or maybe it just suits people with a wider foot than me. In the end I have settled for the Ugg Australia Bailey Button as I find they fit my foot so much better with no slipping at the heel whatsoever.

On the plus side though I was really impressed with the quality of these. They've got a really good sole which looks like it will last for many years. I also love the removable insoles so you can buy new ones when the shearling gets flat. Extra points for the fact they're water resistant too.

Sydney Food: Commemorative Edition
Sydney Food: Commemorative Edition
by Bill Granger

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 11 Oct. 2011
I have to say I was really disappointed with this cookbook. I love Bill Granger and being a Sydney ex-pat now living in London I was expecting a lot more. The truth for me was that it didn't feel like Sydney at all. I have picked up Donna Hay books before which really reminded me a lot of what Sydney food is all about but 'Sydney Food' failed in my opinion.

Rain Design mStand Laptop Stand - For all Apple MacBook and MacBook Pro laptops
Rain Design mStand Laptop Stand - For all Apple MacBook and MacBook Pro laptops

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Sept. 2011
I cannot explain how much I love this stand! I've had my MacBook Pro for 2 years but have always found that I can never sit down in front of it for very long before I get a sore back and neck and am very fidgety. Hence I've never been able to to do any proper work that I had planned when I first bought it.

2 weeks ago I got my first real working-from-home freelance job (I'm a graphic designer) and for the first day I still had the same problem and didn't manage to get any work done. Previously I had always put this down to my procrastinating and low attention span but this time it just clicked that the reason I couldn't sit still was because I was so uncomfortable. I finally decided I need to invest in a proper work setup! At first I really hesitated to spend this much but now know it was absolutely worth it and am so so happy that I did. Everything about it is perfect and faultless and it matches really well with my MacBook Pro. I also bought an Apple wireless keyboard and Apple Magic Mouse the same day and the first time I sat down to work I had an incredible 8hours of full productive work (also thanks to my pomodoro timer!). Needless to say I'm extremely happy with my purchase and know it's already made a big return on my income. Thank you!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2011 6:54 PM GMT