Profile for Kerry Anne > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong
Depressive Illness: The Curse of the Strong

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 18 Sep 2014
What a superb book I enjoyed every line, Dr Tim is a star he writes with knowledge, humour and compassion. I am just coming out of a bout of clinical depression and this book has taught me so much, trouble is I am now trying to tell everyone I meet that it's good strong people who get this PHYSICAL illness. Thank you Dr Tim :)

Living a full life: changing what deprivation means (Breaking Habits Book 3)
Living a full life: changing what deprivation means (Breaking Habits Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very True, 6 Sep 2014
I really enjoyed this essay it inspired me with every page and it was very entertaining. Read it it might change your perspective too.

The Other Half of Asperger Syndrome (Autism Spectrum Disorder): A Guide to Living in an Intimate Relationship with a Partner who is on the Autism Spectrum

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 30 July 2014
I have now left my partner with undiagnosed aspergers as I found the personal price for my son and I much too high. I found this book very helpful in making sense of the past 13 hellish years and my issues and anger I have felt towards my ex.

I have awarded 4 stars as I thought there should have been more examples to highlight each behaviour of someone with AS other than that excellent.

From Alcoholism to Sobriety:  How I Went from a Life of Uncontrollable Drinking to Putting Down the Bottle For Good
From Alcoholism to Sobriety: How I Went from a Life of Uncontrollable Drinking to Putting Down the Bottle For Good

3.0 out of 5 stars One little thing, 29 May 2014
I am giving this three starts as it wasn't very long and it was poorly written but it was quite interesting. I agreed with the quote right at the end where she said that life is much harder when you are drinking than when you are not. So true this one little thing flicked a switch.

My Son and the Afterlife: Conversations from the Other Side
My Son and the Afterlife: Conversations from the Other Side

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice fantasy, 29 May 2014
Sorry this sounds all to farcical and the joking around manner in which it's conveyed just didn't add to it at all maybe because it's aimed at an American audience. I wasn't impressed with all the swearing as it wasn't necessary.

How to Stop Being a Doormat and Get the Love You Want (EPIC Dating, Love & Relationships Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit crap, 24 May 2014
Very short book I read it in about 20 minutes and it was boring. It's examples from one extreme to another, it didn't help in the slightest.

Kindle Fire HD 7", HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 3rd)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it love it love it, 22 May 2014
I never put this thing down, I don't know what I did without it! I read on it, bank, play games, read my stars, use self hypnosis (app) and loads of other stuff, its fabulous.

Mother's Ruin
Mother's Ruin

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Mother's Ruin (Kindle Edition)
I could not put this book down Nicola wrote it with humour and fun, she made what sounded a very difficult childhood and situation out to be very amusing but sad at the same time. I loved her mother even though she made life a little troublesome with her drinking she sounded genuinely warm and funny, just very troubled.

I am glad Nicola came out of it and turned her own life around, she sounds a wonderful lady and she is certainly a wonderful writer, well done Nicola it was superb.

Millenium Cutlery Dessert Spoons - Pack of 12 | Stainless Steel Dessert Spoons, Genware Spoons, Millennium Cutlery
Offered by Indiabazaar

2.0 out of 5 stars Rusty spoons, 22 May 2014
Rubbish these spoons are now in the bin as they went rusty almost straight away, so if you want to poison your family with rust go ahead buy them.

Big Book of AA - All 12 Steps - Understand and Complete One Step At A Time in Recovery with Alcoholics Anonymous

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 22 May 2014
Sorry folks I found this really hard going, it was wrote so long ago it really needs updating to reflect today's society. I know the AA has done some fantastic work and still doing so, but the suggestion that alcoholism is a disease is rubbish for me, I believe its a genetic predisposition which is inherited, it is not something you catch! It a habit which is reaffirmed and ingrained more and more every time you have a drink and it can be stopped, hard work I know but it can be stopped.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2014 11:18 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3