Profile for Michael J. Wilson > Reviews

Content by Michael J. Wilson

Michael J. Wilson "mikeschnetler" (York, GB)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
iPhone: The Missing Manual (The Missing Manuals)
iPhone: The Missing Manual (The Missing Manuals)
by David Pogue

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly 600 pages of smartphone gen., 7 Sep 2014
Too early to review in any detail, but this is another of the David Pogue series that I prefer. Although it is aimed at the series 5 iPhones, we are finding it useful in setting up a 3 series handset. I am confident it will smooth our path.

Microsoft Optical Mouse 200 - Black (Business Packaging)
Microsoft Optical Mouse 200 - Black (Business Packaging)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wired mice work best!, 7 Sep 2014
This is the standard wired mouse that we prefer in lieu of the 'sexy' wireless sort. Small in my big hands, oh so lightweight, but it does what it says on the tin! Recommended.

BT 6500 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocking
BT 6500 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocking
Offered by liGo

4.0 out of 5 stars Welcome, little stranger, 7 Sep 2014
After long and hard consideration we have added this handset to our motley array of telephones across the house. At first we considered a full set, discarding those older ones, but I then decided to go for the single item, replacing a large, old office phone with copying and fax facilities. I moved the others around so we now have this smart little set in the entrance hall, with the others in office, bedroom and rear utility room. This set is the one with the answer phone and hopefully call-blocking, when we set it up to cover the various nuisances. Also this handset is lightweight, cord free and looks set to satisfy.

Logitech Z323 Speaker System
Logitech Z323 Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, reliable system., 8 Aug 2014
This system is a second order to partner an adjacent setup. A good, solid, easy to operate set with adjustable base etc. I like it; you can pay a lot more, but this set delivers the goods. Highly recommended.

HannsG HL272HPB 27 inch Widescreen LED Back light Monitor.
HannsG HL272HPB 27 inch Widescreen LED Back light Monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big brother in the office., 8 Aug 2014
This screen was ordered to partner an early Mac Pro and certainly gives good results straight out of the box. it doesn't look huge standing next to a 24 inch BenQ on another Mac, but the extra screen area is noticeable and good. Early days so far, but I am pleased with it. A 'snip' at the price. Recommended.

Simpli-Special Green Jasmine with Flowers, Natural Loose Leaf Tea 100g
Simpli-Special Green Jasmine with Flowers, Natural Loose Leaf Tea 100g
Offered by Simpli-Special

4.0 out of 5 stars whereas normally we would only use sub boiling water as generally recommended for green tea, 8 Aug 2014
Have now acquired a taste for this tea. We ordered it as an alternative to the supermarket cheap bagged green tea, as a trial. We had already switched to green tea for medical/health reasons. This tea is almost colourless when first brewed and poured out. Surprisingly, it then darkens after a few minutes. The taste is quite pleasant. We use it in a 'teasmade' type machine for our early 'cuppa' although that delivers boiling water, whereas normally we would only use sub boiling water as generally recommended for green tea. This tea is not a cheap option, but a pleasant, healthy drink. I should add that we drink it 'neat' - no sugar or milk.

2 Way VGA/SVGA Switch Box - Metal Case (Fully Shielded) - Gold Plated Connectors - Heavy Duty Rotary Switch - Anti Skid Rubber Feet For Desktop Protection
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Economical screen sharing, 26 July 2014
I tried this a couple of years ago when it was connected between an xBox and a Windows PC, sharing a BenQ 24 inch screen. It appeared sturdy, but when it developed a rattle, I opened it to shake out and refit a nut, and was unimpressed by the spidery internal wiring. However, it continued to do what it says on the tin, and I am now preparing to use it in another test application. So I give it a good 4 stars. It saves you the cost of a second screen.

250g Jasmine Green Tips (Da Bai Hao) Premium Loose Leaf Green Tea - Chiswick Tea Co
Offered by Chiswick Tea Co

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality or quantity?, 20 July 2014
This is real tea that we are trialling in lieu of the cheaper teabags. I moved from black tea to green tea for medicinal reasons and we enjoy this. It doesn't seem cost effective, but is a top quality tea. I now understand from the supplier that it is possible - nay desirable to re-use the tea leaves for second or third brewing within 48 hours. If this works, we will stick with it. Although quality tea is available in the UK, most of us have traditionally drunk the cheapest brands, which are less popular overseas. So the jury is still out!

The Third Man: The Cafe Mozart Waltz
The Third Man: The Cafe Mozart Waltz

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic music - if you are my age!, 19 Jun 2014
This piece takes me back to those God awful wartime/postwar years. The film, in 1947, was a wonderful depiction of the devastation wreaked upon Austria et alia. The atmosphere could be cut with a knife as Callaghan and his sergeant wait in the Cafe Mozart; for the Third Man; then the incongruous balloon seller appears.

Hello Mary Lou
Hello Mary Lou

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy nostalgia, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Hello Mary Lou (MP3 Download)
An 'oldie' from the rock 'n roll era. Easy on the ear, cheerful; makes me recall my youth and get that 'feel good' factor.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19