Profile for Carmelo > Reviews

Content by Carmelo

Carmelo

GadgetinBox™ Multi-Angle Portable Stand for Tablets, E-readers and Smartphones, Durable Aluminum Body, Compatible for Apple iPads, iPad Mini, iPod, iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Note 8.0 10.1, S4, S3, S2; Google Nexus 4,7,10; Asus EeePad Transformer; Sony Xperia Z
Offered by Micropix
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with my purchase, 13 May 2014
I was undecided whether to buy this item as this was cheaper than another item on amazon but looked identical. And now that I have bought it I can confirm it is identical, it's made of steel and has a button function to change the angle just like the other pricier stand for which there were loads of reviews. I took a risk but I had no surprises, thankfully. I didn't see any branding on the box or the item itself, but the item looks nice and solid.

W.E.
W.E.
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 3.49

1.0 out of 5 stars all smoke (literally) and no roast, 27 April 2014
This review is from: W.E. (Amazon Instant Video)
38 minutes before the end, I had to stop the pain, a pain endurable only thanks to the sight of the hot albeit wooden security guard. The editing was odd, just as much as the soundtrack and what's with all the cigarette smoking? Even if these people were indeed chain smokers, did they need to be shot with a cigarette in their mouth all the time? it was just nauseating. oh and the American divorcee.. I'm no native but that didn't sound American to me. Please don't watch, say no to nicotine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 11:11 PM BST

The Great Beauty [DVD]
The Great Beauty [DVD]
Dvd ~ Toni Servillo
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 8.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Oscar material, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Great Beauty [DVD] (DVD)
Totally disagree with the previous review. thought the movie was incredibly engrossing and enjoyed every minute of the 2hr30min duration. For starters, it's a feast for the eyes. Rome itself and the way it is portrayed through the director's beautiful camera work would be enough of a spectacle even without the otherwise beautiful thought-provoking lines the film is punctuated with. I must disagree about the presumed missing depiction of the beauty of ordinary peoples' lives too. In fact it is admirably represented by the likes of Ramona who is a genuine woman devoid of all pretension and yet capable of deep thoughts, such as when she says to a jaded Jep after a night spent together: 'It was great not having sex, it's great being fond of one another', leaving him stunned. Other 'ordinary' people who are juxtaposed to the vacuous partying multitude are Jep's friend, the playwright, who eventually decides to leave that empty world behind and go back to his home village. The theme of going back to one's roots being elegantly represented with a food metaphor through the words of yet another ordinary-extraordinary person who couldn't be further away from the Roman jet set, the saint-nun, who claims she only eats 40 grams of roots a day, because 'roots are important'. I could go on and on, because I was totally mesmerized by this movie, not to mention its soundtrack. I derived absolute pleasure from watching the movie til the end of the credits. Hopefully you will be too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2014 7:43 AM GMT

Proporta Kindle Paperwhite Leather Style Cover with Pull Tab - Brown 120 x 173 x 10mm
Offered by Proporta
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 31 Jan 2013
After much searching for the perfect cover for my kindle paperwhite, I found a product Im very happy with. Sleeves as opposed to book style covers are few and far between, once I had ruled out the ones in neoprene (?), as I dont like that kind of fabric. So it was very much a choice between the proporta one and a real leather one. Eventually I went for the proporta, because it was more affordable, looked like real leather (I can tell you now it feels like leather too) and, unlike the other leather sleeves Id seen whose colour didnt convince me, had a nice shade which makes it look like real leather and gives it a bit of slight vintage look. I thought the other leather sleeve I had seen was minimalist too but a bit too simple, this one is minimalist but with a touch of class (the veiny colour on the outside and the checked fabric inside). Finally, although I hadnt realized the use of the clasp from the picture, I now quite appreciate it - if you open and pull the clasp up it, will lift your kindle out of the sleeve, just enough for you to grab it and take it out, which is a nice touch because the sleeve fits perfectly and therefore it's quite tight and would be more difficult to pull out otherwise. In brief, it's a sturdy, practical, affordable, good looking product.

Griffin GC16034 Elevator Desktop Stand for Laptops
Griffin GC16034 Elevator Desktop Stand for Laptops
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 20.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely product, 18 May 2012
It's a lovely product, elegant and sturdy. Would definitely recommend. its also a clever solution as you got space underneath to store things.

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 White (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 White (Retail Packaging)
Price: 9.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice keyboard, 18 May 2012
It'a nice keyboard at a good price. I like the colour which is an elegant off white. the only gripe is that the size of the letters on each key could have been made bigger. the size is definitely smaller than the letters on my laptop for example. But all in all I would recommend.

Microsoft Compact Optical Mouse 500 v2 - White
Microsoft Compact Optical Mouse 500 v2 - White
Offered by 3B-IT Ltd
Price: 8.99

2.0 out of 5 stars squeaky mini-mouse, 18 May 2012
For the price i was expecting something a bit better and a bit bigger, it's a bit on the small side. and the clicking is a bit noisy. nice colour though.

reviewed a few days after purchase on 23.05.12: I have taken one star out from original review I posted a few days ago. Id just like to confirm that this mouse is smaller than a standard mouse, should be called a mini-mouse. Had to go back into the office today and realized how bigger is the mouse we use at work and therefore more comfortable as it allows your hand to comfortably drape over it.

Sony VAIO VPCEB1E0E 15.5 inch Laptop (Intel Core i3-330M 2.13GHz, 3Gb, 320Gb, DVDRW, Webcam, Win 7 Home Premium 64bit (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, 27 Aug 2011
What attracted me to this laptop was the looks and the specs. For the money it does have good specs and it looks really nice, it's a bit reminiscent of the Apple with the white keyboard and glossy white keyboard rest. But and it's a big but, and it overrides all the good points ive listed - the laptop is extremely noisy and it's driving me mental. Ive only had it for over a year, but I dont know how long im going to resist.

Black & Decker VH780 Vacuum, 230 V
Black & Decker VH780 Vacuum, 230 V
Price: 34.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 10 Feb 2011
Love my little hoover. After reading a few reviews I was a bit concerned about the difficulty/frequency in cleaning the filter, but I thought it might be a price to pay for getting something small, cute and with lots of accessories adn above all with a wire as opposed to rechargeable.
I found out to my delight that cleaning the filter is not at all difficult as some people make it out to be. It's very easy, it is true you might have do it pretty often, but as I said it's easy and a small price to pay. Plus this hoover was obviously intended for small areas and small jobs. Having said that I now use it to hoover my wooden and stone floors plus skirting boards, rug and lamp shades. I also love the design, the colour, the many accessories adn the fact that its got a long wire so you can take it anywhere, trust me go for it!